View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 If You Can't Beat em join em 
Group 1 winner

Post If You Can't Beat em join em
Spent a lot of time in my flat game trying to improve lines since the end of last season
and last week admitted defeat.

So started a combined game and its been great fun just playing the game for fun again instead
of endless experimental breeding with my league stars that 99 times out of a 100 epicly fails.

I'm only in the early stages nothing trialed yet but in a few seasons I am getting full bar older horses
here is my best so far.

So if you can't beat em join em :lol:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:12 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Post Re: If You Can't Beat em join em
Paul not having ever tried the combined game i'm curious.
Does running a horse in the NH somehow stop the normal potential drop seen after 5 seasons in the flat game?

Cheers

Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:38 am
Selling plater

I have never bred a full potential horse, haha, and my 90-95% horses were awful in the tests.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:31 am
Group 1 winner

My assumption on combined is you can mix the aging of NH types into flat lines and get those horses who peak later and last longer, I also think full potential is more readily available in NH types, has been my experience in my NH game.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:00 pm
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
My assumption on combined is you can mix the aging of NH types into flat lines and get those horses who peak later and last longer, I also think full potential is more readily available in NH types, has been my experience in my NH game.

Thanks for that, might be a plan if my current stable falls flat on its face, again.
Similar to others experiences i got to a point where nothing i did seemed to be improving the lines. so i started a new game.
I'm starting to think if you dont find some very good game stallions in the first few seasons then it might be an uphill battle to find really good stats later on.
I wonder if the later generations of game stallions have had any high percentage stats eroded as a result of breeding with average game mares.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Paul not having ever tried the combined game i'm curious.
Does running a horse in the NH somehow stop the normal potential drop seen after 5 seasons in the flat game?

Cheers

In my combined game my horses are not going full bar until 6 which is a season sooner than my jumps game
3 season later than my flat game however its very early days in the combined game

Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I am absolutely certain on the potential point, my average is in continued decline, I don’t get beyond 95% with my own horses the game does not get beyond 90%. I have started to seed my 95% colts into the game stock but since I did have 100% some 40 seasons ago the decline is pretty clear. And I have had to breed it out and the one 100% horse I had was otherwise dreadful in game and trial.

Combined will hopefully level the field since we saw last season how successful some of Leon’s older horses were. It is still a crap shoot based less on skill and more what a single game instance throws up. Yes it is basically luck and flaw :)

Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:46 pm
Group 1 winner

I've got to admit if I had the time to breed flat horses these days hell would freeze over before I went to the darkside and played combine . I hate everything about the combine game and I just couldn't play it, I tried it a long time ago and I had no fun playing the game never mind breeding for the league. So do we think playing the combine gives u a advantage when breeding for the league.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:24 pm
Group 1 winner

I do yes, on both codes.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:19 pm
Handicapper

There must be something seriously wrong with the game if a sprinter, with no stamina can win 2mile hurdle races, surely Mark needs to look into it and sort it out?

Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Dhughes wrote:
There must be something seriously wrong with the game if a sprinter, with no stamina can win 2mile hurdle races, surely Mark needs to look into it and sort it out?

I don't believe this to be the case at all. I'm sure the grandparents would have had stamina.

Don't look at the stats at face value, specially the stamina bar which isn't accurate by any means.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I do yes, on both codes.

Oh right . it is what it is. .

I've just started my jump trials( first time in 3 months) and all good with the stallions I've been breeding to my god what the bloody hell is going on with the CK , its crashing more than a Kamikaze Pilot. :twisted:

Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:19 pm
Handicapper

Hemz wrote:
Dhughes wrote:

I don't believe this to be the case at all. I'm sure the grandparents would have had stamina.

Don't look at the stats at face value, specially the stamina bar which isn't accurate by any means.

But if we say that the bar is not accurate and the horse has loads of stamina, then it shouldn't really be winning 6 furlong sprints as a 3yo and 2m hurdles as 4yo

Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Trial on the lowest graphical settings John, turn off all effects etc, it still crashes, just a little bit less. PC performance makes a difference two, my main pc crashes less than my laptop when I trial on them both together.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Dhughes wrote:
Hemz wrote:
Dhughes wrote:

But if we say that the bar is not accurate and the horse has loads of stamina, then it shouldn't really be winning 6 furlong sprints as a 3yo and 2m hurdles as 4yo

The stamina bar is more of a gauge indicator more so than been accurate just like in real life. You don't know a horse can stay a trip until you try. Horses do stay further overtime once they get older.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next