View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Thanks all 
Group 3 winner

Post Thanks all
Just want to send a big THANKYOU to everyone involved with the online league especially those who run it.

Only had the game a couple of months and had to play hard to breed myself a few horses good enough for the league. Was overwhelmed with anticipation after entering all my horses for this weeks races and wasn`t as let down as I expected.

With a 2nd in a 5 runner restricted race over hurdles hopefully to a good`un from an in form stable and a 5th in a group 2 race on the flat. Not to forget my new sprinter who I know little about apart from he seems ok and I threw him in the deep end (July Cup).

I was buzzing watching the flat races, literally shaking with excitement. Absolutely BRILLIANT.

Only wish I had known about all this much sooner. Brings back some old memories of playing Stable Masters but the breeding and online mode makes it so much more, thanks to Mark for bringing us a great game, looking forward to the rest of the season and then SO4.

Regards
Craig (FiXiT)

Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Awesome message mate. Welcome to the league. Its great to see enthusiatic people keen to play in the league.

Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:56 pm
Handicapper

Welcome aboard, i have to agree these folks who run the league are a god send makes the game so much better, i only wish i had joined the league much sooner did play the original starters orders ( don't think that was online tough) and SO2 which was when i joined the forums bought the game early could've joined in the action but didn't think my stable was upto it, still isn't quite lol but it drives me on to keep playing and improve.

Best of luck to you in the coming weeks.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:29 am
Selling plater

Yet to join in the league :( But ive had a look through the SOPL Times which is a fantastic read so a big well done to Jasonpaulburke whos doing a great job,and really makes me wanna join in :D , just 1 question tho do i have to wait till the end of this season to join or can i join in when the next window opens ?

oops sorry dragontrainer didnt mean to sabatage your thread :(

Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:34 pm
Handicapper

I'm in belief you can join when the next window opens up i'm quite sure on this but to be safe we best wait for someone with more knowledge on this to answer.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:05 pm
Group 3 winner

Well a month later and I practically threw everything I had in the league seeing as it`s the last upload for SO3.

Couldn`t wait for this weeks races with entries in most. Seems some of my horses are under performing (serves me right for not setting jockey orders, every little detail counts).

But.. (wait for it) had my first winner. YAY. Not one but two winners actually. And everyone in the house is sick of hearing about it lol. I know they were in restricted class but WTH a winner is a winner and I`m just a champagne bottle short of a party.

Can`t wait till next week, very hopeful my juvenile Mythical Day can give a good showing, strange horse, thought he was my next champion hurdler but went on the downgrade just like real life.

P.S. Hope you got in the league Crazydude and I agree the SOPL times is great, even more so when your horse(s) get a mention, kinda makes it feel more real. Same with the commentaries, icing on the cake comes to mind.
P.P.S. Great to see you all in game, always like to see where your horses finish when I have a runner in the race. Good Luck in the last few weeks.

Keep up the fantastic work guys!

Regards
Craig

Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:30 am
Group 2 winner

Well done Craig with your winners. Always nice to see new trainers get in the winners circle.

Don't mind that they were in Restricted class. You've got some experienced league trainers in restricted class with you. It's tough to win in the league in general. A win in the league, or a good placement, at any level is a good achievement.

Keep up the good work and hope to see you with us for future seasons.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]