View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Match Race Knockout Special 
Group 1 winner

Post Match Race Knockout Special
Before I start I want to say this is open to anyone. You do not have to have participated in the league before. You do not have to have done a certain number of seasons. You do not have to pay me money etc etc.

Right, this is the plan.

Everyone nominates 1 horse they would like to enter in the match race over a distance of 1m2f. If this is successful then further competitions over different distances can be done. Why a Match race? It is a really open competition because in a 2 horse race the pace could be very slow and it could become tactical, also horses react differently to leading/trailing and therefore the best horse is by no means guaranteed to win.

Subject to numbers I'd like it to be a knockout. I.e if there are 32 entries for Round 1, there would be 16 in Round 2, 8 in the Quarter Finals, 4 in the Semi Finals, 2 in the Final. If there is an uneven number then there may need to be qualifiers - this will be a random process.

What Tracks? Those are to be decided depending on the number of rounds. The Final will be held at Pimlico recreating the epic War Admiral vs Seabiscuit Match Race. It will always be on dirt.

Prize money (awarded in the TOM) TBC
    The horse can be one you have uploaded already or a separate horse.
    There will be no seeds.
    The Draw will be random by an independent adjudicator (my missus) from a hat.
    Colts or Fillies can enter. Age restriction is 3yo+

Entries close on Saturday 17th at midnight. Round 1 results and races will be posted on Monday 19th, Round 2, 20th etc.

TO ENTER: Email me at richieboy {at} gmail.com with your trainer name (doesnt have to be your real name), horse name (if it is one you have already uploaded to the league) or horse file. Also post here or on the ORLWorld forums so I can cross check - that is my spam email address so it could get lost. Registration for both forums is free.

Finally: Trial your horses in match race type situations, trust me, the results are a bit crazy.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:11 am
Selling plater

Post Help
Hello

I have just registered on the TOM site but how do i upload horses and register as this sounds like a fantastic idea!!!! :)

Cheers

Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:20 pm
Handicapper

Boothy the main online league racing ends this week so you won’t be able to upload any horses to that. The next season will likely be early next year and probably under SO4. Keep an eye on this forum and the SO forums at the link below for more news.

http://gallopracerseries.yuku.com/

For the competition Rich is doing above just send the details he has asked for to him and send your horse as an attachment.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:28 pm
Selling plater

Post Thanks
Thanks for the help but i cant find where its stored in my computer!!!!

Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Here: C:\ProgramData\starters orders 3\exports\horses

On Vista. But I think you've found it already and sent it over!

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:06 am
Selling plater

Post results
Hello

How do i find the results?!

Cheers

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:08 pm
Selling plater

www.gallopracerseries.yuku.com/topic/19 ... sults.html

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]