View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 General League and Breeding Questions 
Handicapper

Post Re: General League and Breeding Questions
Munas23 wrote:
Well...
Since the post I was doing my trails. I have been playing 2 seasons and then doing trails on those 2.
During leaving each trail a random 'other trainer' screen would come up but I'd just press esc and be back at the setting up race screen.
When closing game, it went back to that screen and to exit i pressed save/quit as it was only option. It closed. When I went to open my game a random save game was in the slot, at season 1.
While I do have a back up save, its over a week old and most likely 4 or 6 seasons behind.
This is a massive kick in the guts as the last few days I lost a few hours because it kept crashing and I hadn't saved after every massive race entries.

I'm so annoyed! It is such an unstable game. I'm paying on a high end gaming PC without watching races and it kills my memory.

I've had the same thing happen to me so now after playing a season I shut the game down completely and then open it up again to do my trials.
Not had any problems since.

Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:26 pm
Selling plater

Thanks for info everyone.
Maybe this has worked in my favour.. if i have enough time before league starts.
Started an Australian flat save. Start of first season ive bred a fairly high potential horse, who by 3 is 100%. Never done that, he is useless in every other stat but have also bred some 100 extra speed mares with low potential and have some 65 to 70 cruising speed mares.
So with some lucky breeding and hopefully not trail duds maybe im on to something.
Just need to find time.

Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:42 pm
Selling plater

How many seasons in general would you expect a new save to catch up to be competitive with an older save?
My new save is only 10 seasons old but the horse stats are starting to look very good, so I threw a couple in a trail. Wow they are bad compared.
When do you know you just need time verse the save may be a dud?
Thanks

Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:26 am
Group 3 winner

You can have a game with league class horses almost instantly, it's all down to the games bloodstock. And the bars don't always give a true reading so take them with a pinch of salt.

Entering the league and running your horses will give you the best insight! Front runners or handy horses are a massive plus because you can use them to trial future horses.

Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4