View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 League Questions 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: League Questions
That's a good list. I tend to agree. My flat horses have only ever came from a UK based game though. I tend to feel in the first 20 seasons of a UK flat game, you can get all you need into your lines from breeding with the very best foreign horses. So although starting a game in one of those Countries will likely give you an easier route to what that Country gives you, I feel a full UK flat game gives you them too. It's probably tougher to keep in your lines

All my sprinters an 2yo's which were very good in the league - my 2yos in particular, were all bred early from a US stallion, however it took me getting a game UK stallion that had won 21 GP1s to really take off. I bred all my mares that were average before that with that game horse, an it really took off. My personal opinion is that it was a combination of that game stallion, an the list of early stallions that were in my mares that really hit home.

All my stayers have been bred from originally a good UK Stallion I managed to buy very early on in my game. They stayed pretty average to good in the league until I got them Mares bred with an Aussie Stallion from the foreign breeding list again. Then they took off an

I've never played a US or Aussie game at all, so I don't know if the foreign stallions list works the same way in the first 30 seasons. My view would be that because most of the races in the league are in the UK, if you only want to play one game, UK would be best, trying to use the foreign stallions as much as possible, but also making sure your trials reflect the league races. This was the massive mistake I made early on. I only ever trialled at Newmarket as it was easiest to do, being a straight track. If you want to keep the US stallion traits in your lines, you'll need to have trials at their tracks too. The trialling is one of the things that has massively changed in my game now. I now trial at much more tracks for a bit more variety. I unfortunately left it too late. As all my horses come from 1 game originally, they are all still better at staying, tough tracks, an all love coming from last to first.

If I had the chance to start over, as I have a game now for each distance (all just branched off from the 1 UK flat only game) I would have 5 games

1 - US Sprint only
2 - UK Milers
3 - Aussie Stayers only
4 - UK 1m2-1m6
5 - US 1m - 1m2

Each of these games would need to be started as a full game besides the sprint one though, for at least 15-20 seasons. Get some variety into the mares in your breeding barn. Then streamline each one

Almost every game will give you the stallions you need to to advance your lines short term, giving everyone the opportunity to grab some very good horses. In order to keep those lines going, you have to have variety in the Mares you have in the breeding barn. Each stallion that advances the lines you want in most of your mares somewhere in the barn to breed with the next one.

All only applicable for flat games as always. Although I do have some NH horses now for the upload window. Found the game I used to play for NH an sorted it out somewhat. It had a few Grade1 winners in the NH league too, so hopefully not too bad a base to start

apologies for the waffle :lol:

Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 am
Group 3 winner

It goes to show differently we all do things, mine would be totally opposite to how u do it on the flat. Mine would be just one country US and no overseas horses/races. There is no 1m4 races in the US game so the AI wouldn't give u any horses over the longer distances unless u made up and put in u own races and then the AI would give u longer distance horses to work with. It always suited me just to have 1 country on the flat but not over jumps. The irish rule in my new jumps game.

Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:00 pm
Group 1 winner

I have messed with Irish games, they play like the U.K. for me but without the possible advantage of favourite U.K. tracks. I always park my stable next to Cheltenham, just in case this has a bearing on their home/preferred track. Some starting games are a pain though, I have a new NH one where all the best game horses have a firm ground preference, it’s a pain to fix that, maybe another for the turkey list.

Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:57 pm
Selling plater

Thanks all.

Josh I know what you mean about AI stayers look horrible. In my UK game, one horse was winning everything over 1.6, went to stud. Looked at him and was so shocked, no pot, no cruise. Bred a few just in case something is in there I can't see, but nothing has come through.

Aus game develops later, as no 2 year olds can challenge UK ones. Don't think I'll get any stayers based on league races so far, so might try and get some speed into my 1.2 horses.

Have a bit of a annoying decision to make.

My Aus game and UK game are fairly even when it comes to trail results. Aus horse stats look so much better, but for some reason the schedule I'm using has no foreign horses in it. Where as UK game, the only horses with stats haven't produced, so trying to bred them in. The ones that trail well look very average on paper.

Both games I've cut stock right down, to try and move seasons along quicker. Only the top handful of trail horses and any horse with good extra speed or CB. Only breeding 80-100 horses and getting 20-30 to race each year.

Might give them both 5 season and see if one jumps ahead. Wish Aus had forigen horses

Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:22 am
Selling plater

Interesting you speak about tracks for trailing Vinny. Never really thought about it and mainly went Newmarket as it fits more horses.

Wise Old Man- trialled really well, but since, against my newer horses has been just better than mid pack. Remembered I did the 1.4 trails at Epsom for League so went back there and he was up the front again. Looked at schedule only one race there so interested to see how he runs there.

Going to change my trails around a little to add tracks based on schedule. Also randomly noticed the 1.1m distance is mostly Filly races. Now I'm getting a feel for the League will look into the schedule more.

Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:21 am
Group 2 winner

Munas23 wrote:
Interesting you speak about tracks for trailing Vinny. Never really thought about it and mainly went Newmarket as it fits more horses.

Wise Old Man- trialled really well, but since, against my newer horses has been just better than mid pack. Remembered I did the 1.4 trails at Epsom for League so went back there and he was up the front again. Looked at schedule only one race there so interested to see how he runs there.

Going to change my trails around a little to add tracks based on schedule. Also randomly noticed the 1.1m distance is mostly Filly races. Now I'm getting a feel for the League will look into the schedule more.

Yeah, I think the trialling is often overlooked for game playing time. It's a pretty big mistake if you ask me. My main issues in my first few seasons back was definitely using the 'easiest tracks' for quicker trialling. I now spend just as much if not more time trialling, than Playing the game. It's 100% worth taking your time and trialling on different kinds of tracks for each distance to get different kind of horses going to stud. i.e good dirt horses an good front running track horses will be completely missed if you only trial on Newmarket an Ascot

I tend to run my first trials on a straight track like Ascot/Newmarket, then all that get points go to another trial on a dirt US track, or an Aus/Foreign front running track. The field has been whittled down to a manageable amount for these turning tracks then. I think I started this too late to compete with the best horses on dirt etc in the league though

Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3