View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 League Questions 
Selling plater

Post League Questions
Hi All,

Just some quick questions I couldn't find answers to on the forum.

What is the general breakdown of peoples teams. I saw based on some "meet the teams," it looks like 5 x 2yrs, 8 x 3yrs, 12 x older. Does this sound right? Do you evenly space the preferred distances?

Track condition? Is it mixed even or random? Do we know if advance? Would you select a horse for your team if they were only good on a slow track?

Can every horse enter 1 race a week? Are they always considered to be in perfect (exported) condition?

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to the league season, trying to sneak in some more offline seasons of a new game to get a few more runners.

Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:03 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: League Questions
Munas23 wrote:
Hi All,

Just some quick questions I couldn't find answers to on the forum.

What is the general breakdown of peoples teams. I saw based on some "meet the teams," it looks like 5 x 2yrs, 8 x 3yrs, 12 x older. Does this sound right? Do you evenly space the preferred distances?

Track condition? Is it mixed even or random? Do we know if advance? Would you select a horse for your team if they were only good on a slow track?

Can every horse enter 1 race a week? Are they always considered to be in perfect (exported) condition?

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to the league season, trying to sneak in some more offline seasons of a new game to get a few more runners.

I know some trainers kinda have a format but my team are where I think my strengths are so I have fewer 2yo and 3yo and more 4yo. I try to spread the distances but my games favour the longer distances so I have more 2m+- than 5f+-

You do know in advance what the going is but I found it went against me most of the time, last two seasons have been rather rainy, hoping for some global warming not that it will help me much but I will be able to rule out the going as to why my horses are not good enough. Then I will blame the jockey! Just make a very mixed team, [Reminder] I should take my own advice!

You can enter each horse once per week every week, they are in good condition but not sure if they remember the last race, consistancy might be a factor but who knows?

Anyways! GOOD LUCK!

Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:07 am
Group 2 winner

I agree, always try to slightly skew your uploads to the distances you think are stronger for you. I still try to spread the distances pretty evenly, but I will steal a place or 2 for my 2mile horses who are usually my best from my milers, who aren't very good at all

Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:52 pm
Handicapper

To see the make up of trainers stables last season, go to:
http://startersordersonlineleague.com/#/logs

click season 14 and then on a trainer, then 14 and you can see their stable.

The schedule is also on the website, so you can view and plan your entries accordingly:
http://startersordersonlineleague.com/#/schedule

I have too many 9/10/12 furlong horses but that's because they are my most successful distances.

Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:23 pm
Selling plater

Thanks all,

it seems everyone has distance horse, might put more sprinters in haha.

I've just noted down all my trail results verse my internal trails. I'll use that judge what may be my best distance/age.

Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:15 am
Selling plater

Silks for the league.

I know I can pick a colour for the website, but am I right the horses will run in the colour they have been exported in? My current stable is around 4 different sets of silks, as I was playing around with what I liked.

Is there a way to change the silks so they all match (and match the website too)?

Thanks

Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:18 am
Group 1 winner

Munas23 wrote:
Silks for the league.

I know I can pick a colour for the website, but am I right the horses will run in the colour they have been exported in? My current stable is around 4 different sets of silks, as I was playing around with what I liked.

Is there a way to change the silks so they all match (and match the website too)?

Thanks

Trainers can Request to have they own silks made to Use in the online league but it requires you to update the silks in your game and means you be allocated a Silk Number Then you use the silks in your leg game and when you export your horses they will be exported with your silks. Race Runners have all trainers Silks to use in the race Kit if you would like to have Silks you need to pick a design and have them made then you get them to put into your game and you can select them from the silks Tab.

Gray

https://imgur.com/a/Hzpc1zW

Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Thanks,
Sounds like that was needed before exports. Will think about for future leagues

Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:32 pm
Selling plater

simpleminds wrote:
Munas23 wrote:
Silks for the league.

Thanks

Trainers can Request to have they own silks made to Use in the online league but it requires you to update the silks in your game and means you be allocated a Silk Number Then you use the silks in your leg game and when you export your horses they will be exported with your silks. Race Runners have all trainers Silks to use in the race Kit if you would like to have Silks you need to pick a design and have them made then you get them to put into your game and you can select them from the silks Tab.

Gray

https://imgur.com/a/Hzpc1zW

Hi Gray,

Am I able to request 479 for any future leagues? Have a feeling this is the colours i have been using in game atm.

Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:54 am
Selling plater

Anything else I should know about the League?

Not that it will be me, but how is top trainers selected? Is it based on wins or prize money?

Any popular 'race paths'? Do people aim for triple crowns etc? Any League based ones? I noticed Qualifying Races for Finals, should I pay attention to this?

Some of these may be simple or common for veterans, but as a newbie can be overwhelming.

Thanks all

Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:31 am
Group 1 winner

Wins or prize money now theirs a can of worms :)

Technically it’s prize money, personally I look for wins of any kind.

Follow a logical path for your horses, don’t make the mistake of rating them out in G1’s too early, the handicaps are usually where wins are to be found for new trainers, take advantage of them for as long as you can.

And yes pay attention to the qualifications rounds on both codes. The finals are big money pots designed to be ideal for mid and lower tier trainers and horses.

Don’t worry about being out of the top spots in the maidens, they are basically G1 races until the better horses are rated.

Hope you have a monster or two.

Josh

Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:58 am
Group 1 winner

I’ll add two more. One know your ground and surface types, it can make a difference where the margins are small and there are genuine dirt types who cannot perform on turf etc. And two since your running Australian horses. Focus on the Australian races over those from another country, horses definitely perform better in their home region and their favourite track will almost certainly be at home. They may also fare well in neutral tracks like Dubai since no one has an advantage there………(other than those who breed those foreign horses into their lines early something I am sure Dan does and he always features in them).

Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:38 pm
Group 2 winner

Munas23 wrote:
Anything else I should know about the League?

Not that it will be me, but how is top trainers selected? Is it based on wins or prize money?

Any popular 'race paths'? Do people aim for triple crowns etc? Any League based ones? I noticed Qualifying Races for Finals, should I pay attention to this?

Some of these may be simple or common for veterans, but as a newbie can be overwhelming.

Thanks all

For me, its wins.

Working it out on prize money is daft as some of the non UK races are worth stupid money. A couple of seasons ago I came second in a Dubai G1. The prizemoney was more than I had won in the whole of the previous season and i had over 20 winners.

The log on TOM is sortable by wins or prize money so you can take your choice but I do the majority of the commentating and when I refer to championship leaders I go on wins and that's who I declare as championship leader in commentaries. Prize money champion is secondary for me.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Is the window open by tuesday night so i can add a horse , i need to see if my game works. Im away after that and if im going to bred for the next window after christmas i need to know my game works. :cry:

Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:48 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Is the window open by tuesday night so i can add a horse , i need to see if my game works. Im away after that and if im going to bred for the next window after christmas i need to know my game works. :cry:

Uploads open for a couple days m8.

Gray

Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next