View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Hey guys! 
Selling plater

Post Hey guys!
Hi everybody! It's been a while - I know I've said this a few times while moonlighting in the forums! But I do want to return to the SO league scene!

Those of you who might not know - I was formerly known as Speedster591 - and joined all the way back during SO2 I believe? As a teenager.

My family have been involved in horse racing in the past - my grandparents owned the 1985 Champion Hurdle 3rd placed horse Stans Pride finishing behind 3 time back to back winner See You Then and Robin Wonder, and beating stable companion Gaye Brief. She also won the Ferrero Rocher Hurdle, and placed in the Bishop Cleeve Hurdle. Also beating the great Desert Orchid in the Welsh Champion Hurdle too.

A lot has changed in my life! I am now a professional motorsport and esports commentator. I commentate the International GT Open, Euroformula Open, GT Cup Open, and Formula Regional European Championship by Alpine. I also commentated the F1 Esports Pro Championship last season for Formula 1 live on Sky Sports F1.

I do want to come back as I have fond memories of the SOPL - mainly my own Welsh Grand National winner Twenty Ten, and winning the Gimcrack Stakes with a 2yo.

It's great to be back! And if someone could instruct me on whether horse uploads will be open again for SO7 or if the league will take a break prior to release of SO8 that would be great!

Thanks all

Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Hey guys!
Hey George. Good to hear from you.

The league has just started. Uploads are closed but they reopen again next week so if you have any horses you can upload some next week to take part in this season

http://startersordersonlineleague.com

Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:51 pm
Selling plater

Fantastic - thanks Leon! Been a long time mate - hope you're keeping well!

I had best get cracking on my game then!

Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:55 pm
Group 1 winner

I have great memories of Stans Pride being a Welshman i had it each-way in the Champion Hurdle also won a few bob on her Winning at Hamilton on the flat she was a great horse i have named a few horses after her in different Versions of SO.

Gray

P.S hope you have been playing the league mode in so.

Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Thats amazing to hear Simple! I think you were around when I was too all those years ago.

The colours I am using for the league are the red and yellow colours that my Grandparents used. I actually have the real silks here too, going to get them framed at some point.

Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:43 pm
Group 3 winner

Hi George
i am sure i remember Speedster591
but memory going as i get older :lol:
Del

Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:46 pm
Group 3 winner

leonvr wrote:
Hey George. Good to hear from you.

The league has just started. Uploads are closed but they reopen again next week so if you have any horses you can upload some next week to take part in this season
does this mean we can delete horses in stable and upload new horses ?

http://startersordersonlineleague.com

Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:47 pm
Selling plater

Hi George!

I definitely remember you from back in the day! Good to hear from you, and welcome back!

I made my own comeback a few seasons ago - not having quite as much success as I did way back when, but I've been getting my share of the prizemoney and it's still as much fun as ever.

Cheers,

Padraig

Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:08 pm
Selling plater

Hey Padraig! Remember you well too mate - one of the dominant forces back then if I remember right?

I remember it being yourself, Colm and Jason Burke that were at the top of the tree back then. Jason was a great guide for me and gave me some great insight into how it all worked back then. I was only around 13/14 years old back then haha.

Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]