View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts
There a a few things like this, you just need to decide if a team slot merits vs the races available. 2yo 1.2m is another.

Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:30 am
Group 1 winner

heading away tomorrow morning for a few days not back til Saturday night so will have to do next weeks entries this afternoon
If any of my do not qualify for races just scratch them and apologies in advance

Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

any chance the nominations for week 5 can be opened please

Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Day 2
good runs in the flat with 2 seconds in G2 and win a G2 and 2nd in Victoria Cup won by David Hooley :evil: :lol:
good races and good comms and thanx to the staff

Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Good week for me with 7 wins on the NH, a combination of suitable ground and distances, a few favourable marks and one handicap exploit for National Madam.

The highlight was Elixir winning the Irish 2000, a horse I felt had a live chance for the U.K. 2000, soured a little only in that I ran the race. But that’s the horse I see at trial. Wants firm ground for the St James’s.

Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:09 pm
Group 3 winner

The Beast Monster only rated 65 won G2
the only shock about this horse was his first 3 races .. trialed really well so not really shocked he won but maybe how easy he won
1st time at 1m2 he won 1m2 and 1m4 well in trials is he a derby horse ? fingers crossed
yes Martin your wrong after my fell in the 4 horse race i watched the race till the end :D

Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:54 pm
Selling plater

Somehow my donkeys managed to pick up 4 winners this week, which doubled my best ever week. After 4 weeks have nearly beaten last years totals. Can’t decide if my horses are better, or I’ve got better at entering them in the right ones.

Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Probably a bit of both. And remember it is very difficult for the top trainers to keep improving, I consider it a success if I can stand still, especially with my NH team and I certainly think on the NH a number of trainers have closed the gap this season, wins are more accessible than ever, which can only be a good thing. Congrats on your winners.

Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:18 pm
Selling plater

Very average week topped off with the amazing Lavish Flame, was off my seat celebrating with the jockey. After the first few weeks I knew he had at least a group 2 win in him. Will bring him down to the preferred 1.2m this week.

Big week Del and Josh, congrats.

Matt - congrats on the big week. I feel entering races is a good skill. One I haven't got/done right yet. Guess I was hoping or waiting to see where my horses are at. Worked out now, if it isn't 1.2m give or take a furlong my horses are more handicappers or at best a few listed/group 3. Need to stop putting these into the big group 1s.

Great coms and thanks for comments, didn't know what to expect first season and Lavish Flame has really got me up and about. Thought Purple Flame was as good in trials but hasn't done anything. Lavish Flame just passed away in my game so hopefully enough offspring to build on.

Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:10 pm
Group 1 winner

You may find you simply have not found the right sort of race for purple flame, many variables at play in the league that you don’t always expose at trial since your lines tend to be similar and thus produce the same sort of horses. It’s why I like front runners as in theory they control the race to suit them.

Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:50 am
Selling plater

Quick question regarding handicap rating..

My 2yo horse perfect echo ran 4th in a 11 runner 5f listed race last week with a rating of 65 beat home a few high 80s and 112 / 106. I noticed my rating of 65 still stands. My horse has already won a 5F 0-80 rated 62. Feel like i have gotten away with one being kept at 65? I am eyeing up the 0-70 this week but feel bad for other trainers if my rating has been missed?

I could be completely wrong as i have no idea on handicapping lol.

Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:02 am
Group 2 winner

Congrats Matt an Munas, some big performances in there. Defo a big part of things realising your horses ability and entering them to suit. It makes the game much more enjoyable once you see them winning races then

If everyone could follow Josh on front runners on the flat, that would be great, help my hold up horses get the pace they need :)

Good week for me with 5 winners on the flat, including the Irish 1000 Guineas with Yonkers Strikes, after a really bizarre run in the English version. Bit gutted not to grab the double with Yuma Genes who was now 2nd in both the English an Irish Guineas an hopefully has a big race in him.

Hopefully got a pretty big team coming to the NH too in a few weeks, can't wait for that as NH is definitely my favourite in real life. Just never seemed to get round to it in this. Hopefully I can pick up some Handicaps in second half of the season an get some work done for next season

Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
If everyone could follow Josh on front runners on the flat, that would be great, help my hold up horses get the pace they need

:) on the flat it remains a work in progress.

Quote:
can't wait for that as NH is definitely my favourite in real life

Off to Sandown on saturday for the fighting fifth and tingle.

Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:56 pm
Handicapper

After a good week last week (for me) I was brought firmly down to the ground this week :lol: jealous Josh! Hope con hill shows up! JPR one in the Henry VIII I really fancy!

Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:49 pm
Group 2 winner

Nice, very decent horses there now, should be a very good days racing.

JPR one I had a decent bet on for it's last run, I'm still seething :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next