View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 1:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts
Anadin wrote:
I have decided you're too old to argue with :lol: :lol: :lol:

True Stu .. happy birthday my friend .. how old ? no way :lol:
and maybe your to old to smile :D :D

Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:11 pm
Group 3 winner

Jim Murray wrote:
kniesh wrote:
I imagine there's a lot more easier money to be made in the App/Mobile market nowadays. I'll definitely be holding off on buying i think. If there's no league options I'll likely just leave it

Agree 100%

If you look at a realistic timescale for SO8 to be ready for the PC, then all the initial bugs to be fixed, then enough time to breed\assemble a full stable of horses. I can't see there being an SO8 league until August.

If Gray is still willing to be league President and there are enough race runner\commentator volunteers, there is ample time for another SO7 league season.

as you Know jim i got the full game touch
but do not play it
come on Grey say yes to another season of SO7
been a brilliant season

Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:14 pm
Group 1 winner

delmonty1964 wrote:
Anadin wrote:
I have decided you're too old to argue with :lol: :lol: :lol:

True Stu .. happy birthday my friend .. how old ? no way :lol:
and maybe your to old to smile :D :D

Thanks Bro.

Didn't smile much when I was younger either :lol:

Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:33 pm
Group 2 winner

Jim Murray wrote:
kniesh wrote:
I imagine there's a lot more easier money to be made in the App/Mobile market nowadays. I'll definitely be holding off on buying i think. If there's no league options I'll likely just leave it

Agree 100%

If you look at a realistic timescale for SO8 to be ready for the PC, then all the initial bugs to be fixed, then enough time to breed\assemble a full stable of horses. I can't see there being an SO8 league until August.

If Gray is still willing to be league President and there are enough race runner\commentator volunteers, there is ample time for another SO7 league season.

If you remember back to SO7 it took the best part of a year after testing started for there to be a usable racekit as it has to be built again I believe.

This is why we lost so many trainers from SO6. SO7 has never had the following 6 had and I think that is because we tried to move to 7 too soon and ended up with a large gap and people got fed up and found other things to do.

We had to postpone the start of the first season twice because the RK didn't work. Personally I think we are probably a year away from an SO8 league and from what I am hearing no one seems too enamoured with what they have seen so far anyway.

We need to make some decisions in the next few weeks before everyone disappears.

Personally I think we should commit to two more SO7 seasons regardless of when SO8 is released. That will encourage people to kick on and continue playing/breeding.

We also need to incentivise people to help out rather than leave it to just a few. I would suggest a reduction in stable size for those who don't volunteer for anything.

And before people bleat on about having no time. If you have time to play the game you have time to help out the league. Just convert some of your playing hours into volunteering hours. It has been the same old names for years and its time one or two others stepped up.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

I can help out with something next season. I’m never sure what I can help with besides handicapping though.

Maybe try an split the handicapping up so 2 cover flat an 2 cover the NH

I certainly couldn’t commentate given my scouse accent, an I would hate running races with my horses in. I’d feel bad if I won the race an always be questioning it.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:17 pm
Group 2 winner

I second that we should try an get as many seasons in with SO7 before committing to 8. Just feels like the start of a new game there are always so many issues

Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:18 pm
Group 2 winner

kniesh wrote:
I can help out with something next season. I’m never sure what I can help with besides handicapping though.

Maybe try an split the handicapping up so 2 cover flat an 2 cover the NH

I certainly couldn’t commentate given my scouse accent, an I would hate running races with my horses in. I’d feel bad if I won the race an always be questioning it.

Nothing wrong with a scouse accent ... as long as it's a blue one :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:14 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

kniesh wrote:
I would hate running races with my horses in. I’d feel bad if I won the race an always be questioning it.

This can be a problem, especially if you have full stables, your horses are competing in 60 races a week. The really successful trainers like Josh & Leon probably run 2 or 3 races a week where their horses win.

I think this is where your own integrity comes into play. You know yourself everything is above board and I believe that is all that counts.

SPOILER - I ran a race tonight where my horse won. I now have this doubt in my mind, will people think I did something wrong, I didn't do anything wrong. In the end, my integrity is intact and that is all any race runner needs to know.

As far as commentating goes, your scouse accent can't be any worse than my Scottish accent. Stu's back so everyone will be spared this week. What my stint at commentating does mean, if Gray, Martin or Stu are unavailable, I could help out. Maybe that is a role you could play, be an emergency backup. Ask Martin if you could try one or two races during the last few weeks of the season. If it doesn't work out that's ok, you will at least know what to do and could step in as an emergency backup.

Jim

Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:52 am
Group 1 winner

Run the races in 1 batch. Upload text files after each race. The Time stamps on the the text files indicate when races have been completed and uploaded. This indicates all is above board

Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:27 am
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:

We need to make some decisions in the next few weeks before everyone disappears.

We also need to incentivise people to help out rather than leave it to just a few. I would suggest a reduction in stable size for those who don't volunteer for anything.

And before people bleat on about having no time. If you have time to play the game you have time to help out the league. Just convert some of your playing hours into volunteering hours. It has been the same old names for years and its time one or two others stepped up.

Agree with the above, lets get a date to start again before this season ends ?

Interesting about the Volunteers, could this work ?

I for one find 3 months of my weekends taken up with something to do for the league too long, I would be up for a 10 week season, no break or new uploads (will stop people moaning that those who upload in the window, have some advantage, have you seen the marks given?) the league needs condensing for sure, 13 weekends is a lot to commit too for anybody. (Hence I only appear in 2nd half of season)

Remember the poor old, RR's & Commentators do not get the same buzz as the rest come Mon/Tues/Wed as we are aware of a lot of results and even watching it later is still not the same as the excitement most get from the uploaded races, so more spread around and we all get the buzz.

Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:24 am
Group 1 winner

It's a lot of work for me to change the season length. Don't really have the time to do it

Sat Feb 10, 2024 1:28 pm
Group 2 winner

Jim Murray wrote:
kniesh wrote:

As far as commentating goes, your scouse accent can't be any worse than my Scottish accent. Stu's back so everyone will be spared this week. What my stint at commentating does mean, if Gray, Martin or Stu are unavailable, I could help out. Maybe that is a role you could play, be an emergency backup. Ask Martin if you could try one or two races during the last few weeks of the season. If it doesn't work out that's ok, you will at least know what to do and could step in as an emergency backup.

Jim

You don't get off that easy Jim. Stu only does NH. I have booked you trips to Longchamp, Fairview, Flamingo and Newcastle this week. It's your own fault for doing such a good job :lol: :lol:

Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Lordedaw wrote:
You don't get off that easy Jim. Stu only does NH. I have booked you trips to Longchamp, Fairview, Flamingo and Newcastle this week. It's your own fault for doing such a good job :lol: :lol:

That's fine Martin. Send me an email with the list of races.

Probably because I am still new to commentating it helps me to make a start as soon as possible. At the moment I can race run two races in the time it takes me to commentate on one race.

Jim

Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:24 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
It's a lot of work for me to change the season length. Don't really have the time to do it

Fair comment.

Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:49 am
Group 1 winner

Sorry been a busy weekend with my Aintree Course crashing spent hours on it and still not Fixed.

I think So7 like Martin has a a couple of seasons in it So8 will take ages to iron out bugs and getting aa Race kit that is stable with the upgrades.

I don't think cutting the weeks from 13 is helpful at all Stu that will take months to sort what to throw and what not to throw out although i Know some want the NH Flat Races gone lol.
I think a May start date early without a mid season Break and no Upload window might shorten it a little in length.

But that is up to everyone I will say this i wont be Handicapping next season and at the moment that could be a Problem getting someone to do it but we should not have a long break between this and next season or we will have less trainers again and anyway i like bringing back horses that i know can Compete if the break is shorter.

Gray

Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next