View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts 
Handicapper

Post Re: Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts
Just been watching day 3 races. That track at Louisville is a killer for any horse drawn wide.

Vinny made a comment above that is very relevant to Louisville, if most of the horses have the same running style, they seem to keep their place on the track, none of the horses try to move to the inside.
The opposite happened to one of my horses, don't know what the jockey was thinking. My horse is running 3 wide, I am thinking, great position to attack from, at the bend the jockey tries to go all the way around the outside. As soon as that happened, I knew the race was lost.

SPOILER - if you have not watched the races, don't read any more.

I always expect Vinny's flat horses to do well but Josh, what a great couple of days you have had on the flat in the various Breeders Cup events, well done.

Very pleased with Premiere Target's win in race 30, 6f on dirt. I very rarely trial my horses on dirt tracks so had no idea how Premiere Target would cope.

Well done to Rod McClure in race 27 from Louisville winning the G1 turf sprint. Rod's horse got the perfect draw, but that is the luck in horse racing.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:23 pm
Group 2 winner

An average week numbers wise for me. As always I struggle at the breeders cup. No good for hold up horses. But to get the winner of the classic , I was over the moon. Probably my biggest achievement this season. My horses really don’t do well on these tracks. Ypsilanti Malcolm winning the turf too was very good, following up from his arc success. I haven’t actually started breeding him yet in my games.

Great day for Josh on the flat. They do love those American/tight tracks.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:59 pm
Group 2 winner

Stu, I’d definitely carry on with those lines. I still remember my season or 2 where my horses were too good for h’caps but were only good enough to finish 6th an 7th etc in Al the big races. It was tougher seasons then than when I knew I had useless ones but could run them in handicaps . It’s definitely a sure fire sign you’re doing g something right

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
I always expect Vinny's flat horses to do well but Josh, what a great couple of days you have had on the flat in the various Breeders Cup events, well done.

Thanks mate, US horses on a US track and a fair amount of dirt favoured my stable greatly.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:17 pm
Group 1 winner

It’s easy to lose NH lines, I spend a large amount of time maintaining them. And it’s easy to be sucked in by pretty bars that don’t always matter. But I still think the NH is the easier of the two to have a graded win.

I am just doing some breeding on my main NH game now, will post some stuff on discord, in a few days.

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:22 pm
Selling plater

Delighted with my 1st and 2nd in the all weather sprint final for 2yos has capped off my season. Now if I just sneak the Hunters championship off Martin this week

Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:39 am
Group 3 winner

A Big thanks to everyone who makes the league work and all the time u have to put in. :D

Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:03 pm
Group 3 winner

Mattcooper wrote:
Delighted with my 1st and 2nd in the all weather sprint final for 2yos has capped off my season. Now if I just sneak the Hunters championship off Martin this week

Matt i think you win hunters championship

Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:28 pm
Group 2 winner

Mattcooper wrote:

I only have one runner in the hunters this week so I think you will probably win it ... and well deserved too if you do as you have placed your horses well this season.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

What a great end to my season with Shatarah winning a grade 2 chase, its always nice when u nominate what u think are u best horses and they deliver. A great benchmark for me if we get another season. :)

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:38 pm
Group 2 winner

Huntsville Picnic picking up the 2m4 grade 1 hurdle has really opened up my breeding. I noticed very late that he had been missed in my breeding somehow. When I looked he had possibly the best stats for almost everything in my stable, an was winning my trials. He’s now gonna be having a whale of a time at stud for the next few seasons. He has 60 jumps pot an 60 speed too, which is way ahead of most of my other NH horses. Can’t believe I wasted about 5 seasons not using him

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:44 pm
Group 3 winner

Congrats Vinny on winning flat and Josh on winning NH

Thanks to everyone involved for another great season

Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:46 am
Handicapper

My best ever season in the league 5 group 1 wins over flat and jumps as well as a group 2 and a group 3 . Well done to the champions of both codes excellent effort fellas ad amazingly high standard as usual .To the guys that run the league and make it happen a huge thank you and hopefully it will keep going for a couple of seasos at least . The comms in particular are brilliant and bring the whole thig to life so thanks guys and best of luck for the next league

Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:13 pm
Selling plater

Finished the season with 32 wins over both codes which is great compared to my rookie season which I think was 8.

Thanks to everyone running the league. Love Stus cockney accent in the race this week. I think I might struggle to get 32 next season if we start in May, but I’m sure I will give it a go!

Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:25 pm
Group 2 winner

Cheers to everyone who kept the league going there, fantastic effort as always, an massively appreciated.

Fantastic season for me personally on the flat, an very surprised with my NH standard, so really looking forward to getting a proper team ready for next season. Congrats to Josh on the NH championship too, starting to look a player on the flat too now, creeping up there with plenty

Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next