View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts
Trying so hard to play for the next season, it's not that I have a problem with the game or that I find it boring. It's just the future of the game looks grim ATM, it was nice when you got burned out and knew you could take time out and come back to what was a great racing game to scratch the itch.

I know Gray wants to keep things rolling and I agree if it doesn't happen league will die a little more.

Personally I will not have any flat horses they have not improved and it's gone badly downhill in the league. Oh almost forgot Nonna, yeah she will run for fun as usuall, why not at 7yo she's peaking ducky (once bought an A-Z book in Manchester back in the 80's looking for a Spectrum repair shop and was called duck, made my day, so cute. Will never forget it.).

Playing an hour or so every day, so I have some 2m jumpers. Haven't trialled any yet but hoping they make the grade. If things go right and I have time I might play my staying chasers game and remove all the dead wood but doubt I will improve on Nightclubber (who will return as an 8yo) but would be nice to find something close as there are are plenty of races to go for.

Really enjoyed most of last season. Can't believe I was 6th NHL considering I had only 1 Cheltenham winner and 0 Aintree winners. It was hard to take and made me think you need to play harder or give up. But there were highlights along the way, obviously Nightclubber but Polar Link a juvenile from a new flat game winning the Triumph and the Punchestown not forgetting the Wensleydale.

Back to Nightclubber, was bred for the gold cup, is better than last seasons winner Wot No Sun and showed the better form in the league but the jockey didn't ride to rules and has been repremanded, I think he is now working for Uber or something. Wot A Dick!

There were other highlights, Target winning a 2nd Irish National for me after unseating last season and a way to do it, only happened because Josh made it another lvl weight race, thanks josh!

Lots of other great wins but Sign Post bowing out on a win was brill. Wanted a win for him more than anything, not the same force as he was and not great at stud but a last day win was great.

Great comms and the hcping was good, thanks to all behind the scenes!

Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:37 am
Group 3 winner

I am looking forward to the new season and trials
my flat horses last season was my best ever and hope to have a great season again
my jump horses was terrible so i have been breeding like crazy on the jumps as i know i can get about 80% improvement and hoping to have full stables flat and jumps
the staff and comms race runners all of you guys did a brilliant job
and Jim doing comms .. great job
Del

Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:42 pm
Selling plater

I'm alive/back.
Thanks everyone for running the league.

As my first time it was exciting waiting each week... to be disappointed haha. It felt like every week I would have a 'day' I would question my team, only to sneak a win or 2 the next 'day.'

Life got busy near end and forgot 2 week (so I'm guessing 10 group wins :D ). Logged back in for the last week to realise I missed the end. Started to struggle with the time difference being in Aus and only getting a few hours to get horses in.

So I just looked, I had a Group 1 winner, a Group 2 winner and I'm guessing another 10 group placings. For my first season I'm very happy. Learnt for next season you need to figure out your horses ability very quick so you don't get too high a handicap.

Only 1 of my horses to watch ran well. With Purple Flame being very disappointing.

Lavish Flame, 11 Starts, 1 G1 win, 4 G1 2nds, 1 G1 3rd. Was in every race but would just get done at the line. Pity doesn't look like has been a good stallion.

Once again thank you everyone and look forward to next season

Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14