View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts
Thanks to everyone still keeping it going, Martin, Stu, Jim, an Grey on the comms, race runners, an all the admin behind it. Really is a great effort at this stage as it starts to wind down for the season

"Not sure anyone can touch Vinny on the flat, this is worse than Scatter days :lol: :lol:"

:lol: :lol: If it's any consolation, if there's another season my horses wont have improved at all really. I haven't touched my flat game, an concentrated on getting NH horses since this season started. Gutting that Jim an John missed the flat this season. I really worked on my flat to try an compete with John after capitulating in the title race in the last 2 weeks last season. Really hope there is another season as I am enjoying the NH game now I got into it. Currently all my uploads are basically bred from flat horses I had in a very old combined game. They all have a very good engine, but very inconsistent jumpers. I seem to be getting on top of this now, an the jumping looks a lot better in the next round of trials I'm currently doing. They seem to have come on a lot, except still not being able to beat Buffalo Caretaker, she's a freak. Gutted she fell so early in the Champ Chase

Probably my best ever week on the flat this week, 9 winners with 8 Group1s, including the Arc which was one of my main targets, an the St Leger. Didn't realise how big it was until I went back today to look. Really chuffed with it.

NH picking up 4 winners at the Cheltenham Festival. Wasn't expecting that, all handicaps, an I do agree with Martin. Some of these uploaded horses do have a slight advantage against horses who have been running all season. However, people were also commenting a lot about all the small fields in the first half of the season. I only actually went back to this very old game to help out with numbers. I was expecting to get tranced. After the first week I realised they were likely a bit better than I thought, an it's actually meant me putting some work in on the NH side. That would never have happened without this upload window, so it does have it's positives too in terms of getting people involved

Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:41 am
Group 3 winner

I think the jumps game is almost perfect now. Even if u got 90 to 100 rated horses u have a chance at winning races. I hope we get another season in , enjoying breeding jump horses again. We'll done to Daniel +Sirus on u group winners.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:52 am
Group 3 winner

My best ever season
as it stands i am 4th in the flat trainers league ... am i dreaming ? checked again still 4th hoes by wins yes ?
must be my best year ever in the league with many Group winners too
Vinny watch out next season :lol:
last week of the season .. thanx to all the staff .. the comms esp with uncle jim on board and the mighty Stu Grey back
Gray did you enjoy that pint after comms on your 11yo winning midlands national
Martin always great comms .. it is a great feeling when you hear your name called
brilliant season thanx to everbody

Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Where's the "ASK THE HANDICAPPER" thread gone ???

Sorry, but my horse Jessica Rae last twice come nowhere in correct distances and still on 110 ??? and Drama LLama coming 3rd in a G1 cannot be expected to rise 19lbs ? a win I can understand, Altogether Charlie still on 100 after 3 no shows ???

I really appreciate the work the handicapper does as you all know :wink: But I be keen to know why such heavy penalisation.

Whinge over! :lol:

Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:07 pm
Handicapper

Anadin wrote:
Ill be back to assist this week including comms, canny have all this northern twang going on, its like your tuned into Radio Ekky Thump (some wont know what this is) :lol:

Stu, if you think my commentary is northern twang, you should hear a normal conversation between me and my mates, probably sounds more like a foreign language than it already does. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just stepped in to help with the commentating and race running to help avert a crisis. I think Gray, ( and everyone else involved with the league does a wonderfull job ), I don't want to see the league fold.

kniesh wrote:
"Not sure anyone can touch Vinny on the flat, this is worse than Scatter days :lol: :lol:"

I remember those days, I have been entering horses into the league since about 2012. One or two trainers dominating races is not good for the league but it can also give other trainers a goal\target\standard to aim at.
On the bright side, there are signs of big improvements in the horses of those trainers just below Vinny in the table. I think this is helped by the willingness of the top trainers help others. In the old days help was available on the forum but much was kept a closely guarded secret. I think it was about the start of SO6 this widespread change came about. It was towards the end of SO5 that I saw a big improvement in my breeding and much of that was down to Paul sharing knowledge with me.

kniesh wrote:
:lol: :lol: If it's any consolation, if there's another season my horses wont have improved at all really. I haven't touched my flat game, an concentrated on getting NH horses since this season started. Gutting that Jim an John missed the flat this season.

After being seriously ill for most of the last year I have regained my enthuiasm and much needed perspective towards SO7 and the league. My main flat save has only progressed 3 seasons since my last full stable upload but I can see a slight improvement in my horses performance so I might be able to give you a small challenge if we have another SO7 season.
Being retired I used to spend about 80 hours a week on SO7. One of the side effects of my long illness is my eyesight is failing, (not looking for sympathy), so I am limited to about 15 - 20 hours a week on my laptop, doctors orders, we are investigating to see if a different light source helps, I have new "daylight" LED lights arriving tomorrow. At the moment a big chunk of that time is taken up with race running and commentary which I will keep doing until the end of the season. Then I should get some serious breeding done. Trouble is, the golf season starts in earnest in about 6 weeks, I am a mad keen golfer since retirement.

Jim

Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
Where's the "ASK THE HANDICAPPER" thread gone ???

Sorry, but my horse Jessica Rae last twice come nowhere in correct distances and still on 110 ??? and Drama LLama coming 3rd in a G1 cannot be expected to rise 19lbs ? a win I can understand, Altogether Charlie still on 100 after 3 no shows ???

I really appreciate the work the handicapper does as you all know :wink: But I be keen to know why such heavy penalisation.

Whinge over! :lol:

Jessica Rae Won Maiden Second in Group 2 got 110 last races have been in top Company G2, G1 i hardly touch the ratings in Group Races i might adjust a couple Upwards and some i think need to drop i do If you think it needs to drop put it in a 0-110 Handicap I will adjust whinger lol.

Drama Llama 19lb Raise won Maiden beaten in two Nurseries before 3rd in Group 1 with 3 horses rated 110 behind i think it deserved it being a Short Head behind a 116 Second Horse you run in Group Races Stu you get group horse ratings lmao.

Altogether Charlie won Maiden oon Debut ran in group races since its rated 100 Ran in a Handicap Might drop a point i will check next ran i might drop 1lb lol.

Go on whinge again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gray

Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Lots of Trainers think they have group Horses Stu to many low rated horses enter the group races I know people want horses they have ran in the big Races I only have group runners over 2m plus i dont enter my donkeys in group races i Train my horses to win and if that has to be in handicaps that is what i do i am not dropping Handicap ratings for horses who should not run in group races.
Not saying your horses should not by the handicap they got they should Stu G1H and Id handicap Look at race 43 last week i adjusted all the horses that ran in it.

Gray

Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I have decided you're too old to argue with :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:17 pm
Group 3 winner

Happy to have 4 winners at the Cheltenham festival winning Supreme, Champion hurdle, Mares Novice hurdle, and Martin Pipe hurdle
maybe should have been a 5th with the Golden Miller Chase, but then again I know the angle favors the inside so wasnt too shocked tbh,
I was shocked by the card saying Leon Horse won by 5L though strange bug

Congrats to Josh on winning the Gold Cup and top Cheltenham festival trainer

Congrats to everyone else with winners and placers

Thanks to everyone running the league and the comms team great job

Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:08 am
Group 3 winner

I know it's only a game and normally I'm happy just to finish in the money no matter what race it is but this season is the most up and down ever. Cheltenham was the biggest kick in the teeth. Don't care about the flat much and some of my stable didn't run this week because I couldn't be bothered looking for races they could go for. They are overated handicappers mostly.
I know I should be happy with a juvenile Triumph winner but if Stu had entered his horse I very much doubt my horse would have been close.
And wht th f was the jockey doing on Nightclubber??? Bred and trialed for the race made up so much ground.... sacked! After being disqualified 2 races ago was thinkng redemption was on the cards.
The only saving grace was Gem Thief and Gaffer, I have never apart from Laccinia Stellina had a decent 2m horse but this season saw a total turn around in that sphere.
Funny thing is most of my horses ran well but it was my worst festival for at least the last 3 seasons. I know the handicaps were raided by the newly uploaded horses and such but maybe the handicappers of the future can take note.

If SOTouch is the way forward the league is in even more trouble than it already is. I haven't played for about 2 years but was hoping to play SO8. That looks like not happening unless Mark makes changes for the pc version or suggests SO9League, that's desperate thinking lol.

A big thanks to all who take time out to run the league!

Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:11 am
Group 2 winner

Is continuing the league using SO7 an option? I really am loving the NH side now. Hopefully at least another season. I played a bit of the new Touch game on the Plane when going away. If that really is the way forward, I doubt I'll even buy it tbh, certainly no good for a league

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:11 am
Group 1 winner

I have not seen touch or anything on so8, but I am guessing he has gone mobile first? In the general sense continuing on so7 should be an option, doubt either the game or race kit will be changing from here.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:24 am
Group 3 winner

kniesh wrote:
Is continuing the league using SO7 an option? I really am loving the NH side now. Hopefully at least another season. I played a bit of the new Touch game on the Plane when going away. If that really is the way forward, I doubt I'll even buy it tbh, certainly no good for a league

I think the jumps side of the breeding is more fun, u can throw a bucket of mud at the wall and see what sticks. The flat has to be more precise breeding if u want top horses. I wonder why mark never got anyone involved in asking for ideas for the new game like in past games. It certainly is a mobile game as it stands, I was in two minds whether I'd get it before I even saw it. I didn't like the way Mark gave me no help trying to recover my old games and so I thought why should I give u any more of my money. The game play needs to improve or he could lose the PC market.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:09 pm
Group 2 winner

I imagine there's a lot more easier money to be made in the App/Mobile market nowadays. I'll definitely be holding off on buying i think. If there's no league options I'll likely just leave it

Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:18 pm
Handicapper

kniesh wrote:
I imagine there's a lot more easier money to be made in the App/Mobile market nowadays. I'll definitely be holding off on buying i think. If there's no league options I'll likely just leave it

Agree 100%

If you look at a realistic timescale for SO8 to be ready for the PC, then all the initial bugs to be fixed, then enough time to breed\assemble a full stable of horses. I can't see there being an SO8 league until August.

If Gray is still willing to be league President and there are enough race runner\commentator volunteers, there is ample time for another SO7 league season.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next