View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts 
Handicapper

Post Re: Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts
ghosty wrote:
Who is this new trainer in the league, he winning at a 44% clip on the flat. Anyone know who this Stu Grey is :lol:

Three of his new uploads winning first time out, plus a returning horse. Must have had wheetabix for breakfast. Even more new uploads waiting to make their debut.

On the serious side, goes to show why placing horses in the correct races is so important.

Well done Stu.

Are the new uploads fom an older save or have you started a new save? Maybe just found that one good stallion in the barn?

Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:12 pm
Group 1 winner

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Even I think I must of cheated lol

So surprised that the newcomers have been so good and some turn of foot on a couple of them, but weak maidens all the same, lets get that in context.

This is still my original save from the beginning of 07, been split a few times, I am now looking to see which horse was the catalyst in the lines, I still think I have my best horse to come on day 3 "Cornish" but will flop now of course, haven't touched my flat save since July.

Unhappy with my hunt horses, they have gone backwards, I spent 2 hardcore weeks before upload, just on the Hunt and thought these look good, but they have been woeful bar one or two.

If I could just stop my random breeding :| which has always been my downfall.

Boooom..... I'll just add my first ever Grade One win on the hunt to my excellent week :D :D :D

Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:00 pm
Group 3 winner

Anadin wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Even I think I must of cheated lol

So surprised that the newcomers have been so good and some turn of foot on a couple of them, but weak maidens all the same, lets get that in context.

This is still my original save from the beginning of 07, been split a few times, I am now looking to see which horse was the catalyst in the lines, I still think I have my best horse to come on day 3 "Cornish" but will flop now of course, haven't touched my flat save since July.

Unhappy with my hunt horses, they have gone backwards, I spent 2 hardcore weeks before upload, just on the Hunt and thought these look good, but they have been woeful bar one or two.

If I could just stop my random breeding :| which has always been my downfall.

I see u one jumper didn't do to bad today. Triumph Hurdle fav 8) :D What do u mean random breeding? Any maiden win is a good maiden win at this stage of the game .

Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:42 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
I see u one jumper didn't do to bad today :D What do u mean random breeding? Any maiden win is a good maiden win at this stage of the game .

Super chuffed with that, but a juvenile so still not from my hunt save doh!

I should of said weaker maidens, I don't think I faced a Vinny horse (as if he would have a maiden horse after 6 weeks :lol:) or Josh, you, Leon on the flat so a little weaker than the maidens at the beginning of the season.

Random breeding, as it sounds John, I really just breed everything with everything & see what happens, only time I would have a piece of paper to scribble would be CK time and that happens rarely, so normally if something was good on CK, I could well of sold or not put in the barn at all, if its bar/stats looked shite.

As Brando said........."I could of been a contender" :lol: after all these years.

Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:55 pm
Group 3 winner

Anadin wrote:
ghosty wrote:
I see u one jumper didn't do to bad today :D What do u mean random breeding? Any maiden win is a good maiden win at this stage of the game .

Super chuffed with that, but a juvenile so still not from my hunt save doh!

I should of said weaker maidens, I don't think I faced a Vinny horse (as if he would have a maiden horse after 6 weeks :lol:) or Josh, you, Leon on the flat so a little weaker than the maidens at the beginning of the season.

Random breeding, as it sounds John, I really just breed everything with everything & see what happens, only time I would have a piece of paper to scribble would be CK time and that happens rarely, so normally if something was good on CK, I could well of sold or not put in the barn at all, if its bar/stats looked shite.

As Brando said........."I could of been a contender" :lol: after all these years.

Vinny would be disappointed with u :lol: u need spreadsheets and databases to keep a record of u horses. I like to keep information and pictures of my stallions but not as much as vinny. It goes to show if u want to beat the man( vinny) then u need a quality system. Stu random breeding doesn't work, u need to keep u horses close enough to each other. If u horses mare/stallion are to far apart in distance then they usually don't breed anything I'm my eyes.

Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Hey Rod McClure. I see you have some useful types in your stable as usual but one looks like a star - Icebath. Nice looking 2yo. Congrats.

Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:15 pm
Group 2 winner

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Honestly, if you use google sheets, its so easy to keep a track of everything, one template for breeding copied for others, then one for trials copied for each distance, it really doesn't take any time at all after that, probably speeds things up. You need 2 screens tho, or be very comfortable playing windowed. An it doesn't work, John still kills me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great to see you doing well though Stu, an even better listening to the comms, didn't even try with Billisht Chatter, best comms I've heard that.

Pleased with a few of mine over the sticks, wasn't expecting anything, but defo got some competitive horses at least. I shouted when Buffalo Commercial fell at the last in the grade 2. Don't think he would have won, but would have been very close to Josh's. He clattered the 2 fences before he fell too, so hopefully more potential there. Couple of winners an a fair few in top 3 or 4 so worth the effort I put in late on

Thanks to everyone for keeping everything going

Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:35 pm
Group 1 winner

I think your hunt horses look v.good and you will be winning a few with them Vinny for sure.

Sadly the handicapper didn't realise that my wins where in weaker maidens as the marks are close on horrendous, now I know why Martin was moaning :lol:

Any news on the rest of DAY 3 anyone ????

Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:12 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
I think your hunt horses look v.good and you will be winning a few with them Vinny for sure.

Sadly the handicapper didn't realise that my wins where in weaker maidens as the marks are close on horrendous, now I know why Martin was moaning :lol:

Any news on the rest of DAY 3 anyone ????

:wink:

Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

I missed the start of the season upload window so had to wait until the upload window between weeks 6 & 7. I only uploaded 6 flat horses all 4yo. Two had raced last season as 3yo and 4 horses new to the league. I wish I could have uploaded more horses but I had only completed one flat season of breeding since last league season. The objective of these 6 uploads was to see the standard of my horses compared to other trainers.

The two returning horses were both sprinters, they finished 2nd & 3rd in their G1 races. Pleased with this start since both horses prefer firmer ground and both races were on softer ground, plus the horse in 3rd place had an outside draw on what looked to be a circular track.

The four new uploads produced 3 x wins and a 2nd. All four prefer firmer ground which they did not get, Good results but their races were all maidens so they didn't come up against the best horses in the league. The four horses were all even pace horses. In two of the races they must have been up against fields of hold up horses because my horses quickly went out to 4 length leads. One just held on, the other was run down in the final few yards.

The big test is next week where I hope to enter the 4 new uploads into group races against the top horses from other trainers.

Jim

Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:01 pm
Handicapper

great the leagues back lads brilliant job as usual ad many thanks . NO IDEA how comes my horses are suddenly so much more competitive but im not complaining !!!my NH horses seem to very decent and never been as involved in the maidens as much either ive only ever viewed them as a route to a handicap mark but actually was in screen still passing the line which was a new experience . Wish i had been able to get more horses i for week 1 but sadly wasnt able to and on that note there had better be another season before s08 and i go back to 0-70 also rans !!!

Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Still grinning.... :D

What a week for me, 6 flat wins, never been anywhere close to that on the flat and my fto juvenile turning up and beating some decent horses and winning my first ever grade one on either code (I don't include a G1 HC) the rest of my hunt stable will be making the numbers up in the hunter's, which I am a little disappointed about, they looked so good in my trials.

My 4 flat winning maidens all won well and "Dansili Red" was 6 lengths + off the pace at one point, 2 other wins from last seasons returning horses in handicaps, I also had a 2yo come 2nd in a G2 so not bad at all.

All my maidens up to a mile did well, middle distances were poor but a winning 2m+ maiden was a nice touch.

Thanks to the team as always.

Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
Still grinning.... :D

What a week for me, 6 flat wins, never been anywhere close to that on the flat and my fto juvenile turning up and beating some decent horses and winning my first ever grade one on either code (I don't include a G1 HC) the rest of my hunt stable will be making the numbers up in the hunter's, which I am a little disappointed about, they looked so good in my trials.

My 4 flat winning maidens all won well and "Dansili Red" was 6 lengths + off the pace at one point, 2 other wins from last seasons returning horses in handicaps, I also had a 2yo come 2nd in a G2 so not bad at all.

All my maidens up to a mile did well, middle distances were poor but a winning 2m+ maiden was a nice touch.

Thanks to the team as always.

Well done Stu. :D What do u think u've done different now to what u were doing. I know before todays results u were saying about having high marks but i had a look and apart from one i thought they were just about right.

I had a mixed week but that was well expected , i was more surprised how well some of my hurdlers did( first time in 7 ive had some). It goes to show u only need that really good first stallion to get decent start to a game. Even though i think my chasers have a much higher jumping bars than my other jump games they still love falling :? all 3 of my 3 milers fell, i suppose 25% this game is better than my 33% fallers in my other team :lol: I better run two in each race to make sure i get one to finish unless they both fall :lol:

I agree with sirus, its good to see one on the leagues old timers ( not sure how old u are) have a top class 2 yo. :D

Josh i love that bloody horse The Devastator( great name), my two couldn't get near him this time but my other front runners will be back to chase him. That race reminded me of the 1987 King George when Dessie-Beau Ranger_ Cybrandian just went a totally crazy pace.

Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Wish I really new John, but the save is only 32 seasons old, which is young compared to the better players, so maybe I finally fell the right side, we will see if they compete at the top level over the coming weeks, I am pleased that it is a Flat only game with no Aussie sprinters (which everyone talks about) in the lines although plenty of poor breeding in general etc etc.

I kinda agree about the marks, they did look good some of them lol, so just having my whinge as usual.

Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:55 am
Group 3 winner

Anadin wrote:
Wish I really new John, but the save is only 32 seasons old, which is young compared to the better players, so maybe I finally fell the right side, we will see if they compete at the top level over the coming weeks, I am pleased that it is a Flat only game with no Aussie sprinters (which everyone talks about) in the lines although plenty of poor breeding in general etc etc.

I kinda agree about the marks, they did look good some of them lol, so just having my whinge as usual.

Until I started again I never had any overseas horses in my game, it was just a US( mainly dirt) flat game and just a uk only jumps game but because I was only going to have a non league game when everything crash I decided to have a massive jumps game with almost a fully irish-french-aussie and uk jumps game. I think it has massively helped with breeding jumpers. The overseas stallions where miles and miles better than the uk stallions. I love the fact I've got French and Aussie jumping blood in my lines. I just wish I had started SO7 with my new jumps game, I probably would never have bred flat horses.

Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next