View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts
Quote:
The fire is back in the belly

Can’t keep a good horseman down. :)

Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 pm
Group 3 winner

AdamA405 wrote:
Well done Paul on the 2000 guineas and getting the fire back! I got another winner today and thankfully green glade won the 2.2m handicap after mentioning him in my last post! Even though the jockey tried his best to lose on him by dropping the reins with about 10 strides left and only just managing to win. With Edge just getting nabbed for 3rd by a nose on the line! After this weeks performances it’s made me want to proper dive in and do lots more breeding before the next window. Thanks for all the volunteers who makes this all happen.

i did watch your horses today and cheered them on .. you had some good races ,, but like vinny said ,, next season mate dont give up ever
Del

Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:09 am
Selling plater

Congrats Adam and Paul,

Read lots of your posts, Paul, as I started my journey into the league.

Race day is always a rollercoaster. Some days start out with 5 or 6 very average runs, then a sneaky place or win to get you back. Slowly starting to figure out where my horses stand (until they race again), seems like Lavish Flame is my big chance for a Group win or maybe Dilly Focus today, but might be a touch too far.

Lots of talk of going again before SO8, will this be true before "waste" too many hours playing around. As soon as the season started my AUS save started having more winners in my trails. Don't want to waste time if it doesn't go ahead. Also if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. Comms I wouldn't be able to do, can't even read half the names to myself. Vinny I'm looking at you mainly :)

I know in past seasons, at the mid point you could retire a few and replace. Is this the case?

Have been enjoying the season. The biggest thing I think about is how, if the offline game and League game aligned how many more people would want to join. I've been playing since SO5 maybe before, and joining the league just seemed like such a big step. Would be great if Mark could make that happen for SO8, think it would help interest in game too.

Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:00 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks for the kind words everyone

Munas you are crushing it for a first season trainer congratulations buddy keep going

Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Great week for me with my NH team delivering well, even if Martin has rumbled my cunning front running plan :). Both National horses along with Theoretically Speaking who completed his hatrick. Ground did not suit me in France but picked up some nice prize money along the way.

Shock of the week was the Coachman in the Kentucky Derby, the vastly inferior of my two 1.2m 3yo’s on dirt, Del has my trial sheets so can confirm :) though he has pedigree in his breeding via the drunken duck who won the race two seasons back. Front runners prove hard to catch on that track.

Josh

Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:24 pm
Group 3 winner

Not my best week but enjoyed the races
Adam conrats on your horses ran good races mate
well done Martin on you first flat winner you could of had two but Pixie Cut came close 2nd to my horse :shock: :shock:
White Wizzard :lol: never name horses when you had 1 to many drinks :oops: :oops:
good wins Josh on the jumps
Mr Paul nice to you see you win Qipco 2,000 Guineas :D
well done to all trainers and great comms
thank to the staff for there time to keep the league running

Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:43 pm
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Great week for me with my NH team delivering well, even if Martin has rumbled my cunning front running plan :). Both National horses along with Theoretically Speaking who completed his hatrick. Ground did not suit me in France but picked up some nice prize money along the way.

Shock of the week was the Coachman in the Kentucky Derby, the vastly inferior of my two 1.2m 3yo’s on dirt, Del has my trial sheets so can confirm :) though he has pedigree in his breeding via the drunken duck who won the race two seasons back. Front runners prove hard to catch on that track.

Josh

There is only room in this town for one front running trainer :lol:

Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:27 pm
Group 1 winner

I see more of gray buggering my chances than I do you right now, slacker :) I hope to see some monsters come week 6.

Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:51 pm
Selling plater

2 winners this week I’ll take that. As well the usual mix of last places! Aim is to try to beat last years totals, and qualify a horse in each race for finals weeks.

Thanks to everyone running the league.

Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:59 pm
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I see more of gray buggering my chances than I do you right now, slacker :) I hope to see some monsters come week 6.

Strange things u notice when it's to late, I've only worked out the bleeping game won't let 170+ rated horses into the breeding barn . There was this cracking hurdler I would have loved to bred to. :twisted: I hope we get another season in after this because otherwise I've probably messed up by trying to breed hurdlers as well as chasers. My first trials will be this weekend and then I'll know more about my horses. Trying to put everything I've learnt into this one game , we'll see if it works. Can anyone tell me when the window will be open because I'm away over Christmas until the new year.

Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:18 pm
Handicapper

Well that was a good week for me - really happy with the Guineas I thought Crivitz would do well!!
Well done winners, placers and well done Paul for the other Classic win this week

Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:53 pm
Selling plater

Heavy tracks!!!!!!!!!!! guess this is life in the UK. Not many ideal races for my stable this week, so a few are just in them just in case everyone else falls over.

Also one of my horses won "Betdaq Aw 2YO Championship Leg1", what does this mean. A final race end of year? Anything else I need to do?

Thanks

Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:08 am
Group 1 winner

Dirt horses in my experience do ok on heavy. But broadly it’s the same for all of us.

Means you’re qualified for the final, only thing to consider is your weight for it now, but depends if that becomes a key target race for that horse or not. Up to you.

Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:01 pm
Group 3 winner

2 winners in week 3

In The Fast Lane in the 2m Novice Hurdle, Likes faster ground so he did well winning here on soft,more expected his stablemate Team Captain to win tbh who came 3rd
Beach Breeze in Silver Trophy Handicap Hurdle on top weight, deserves to go to Ireland now for the Hattons Grace Hurdle

Disappointing week tbh a lot of mine flopped in the big races and dropped a lot in the money table, i wished didn't talk up my Gold Cup horses too now lol

Roll on week 4 hopefully a better week

Well done everyone with winners and placers

Thanks to everyone running the league

Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:40 pm
Selling plater

Thanks Josh, maybe see how they go this week. Hopefully they just had a bad start to league and can win some bigger races, otherwise I'll aim for the final.

Just an odd schedule thing/issue, I know it has changed a little lately, removing races. I had a 2YO win a 0-90 mile race in week 2. Got rated 100 after and hasn't been able to enter a race 2 weeks in a row (doesn't race under a mile). And looks like only 1 more race before week 7, will be top weight in 0-100. Is this my bad in selecting this type of horse in my team? Or has this accidently been missed when fixing up the schedule.

Not complaining just flagging if missed or just unlucky/bad selection.

Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next