View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Any Jumps trainers advice 
Group 2 winner

Post Any Jumps trainers advice
I have found my old game, not very far into it. But I've hit a snag, my horses till now seemed ok, I even had a few Grade 1 winners a couple of seasons ago in the league, but now the trials seem to have taken a massive nosedive. Could it be because I have stopped running them on the flat completely? Their first run for the last few crops have been at 4 in Novice Hurdles. Are they not progressing enough now I've stopped all flat races? I used to always give them 2 or 3 runs a season until they were about 8 on the flat as I was running it as a combined for flat horses as well as NH. Now I am just using it for NH

Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Any Jumps trainers advice
I don't play combined, which is I guess what your on, however yes is the simple answer, combined gives you the double dip growth spurt so I guess you need to run them at 2 and 3 over the flat to get the first boost.

Josh

Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:59 pm
Group 2 winner

Cheers josh, makes sense as I seemed to be making progress, then all of a sudden the first crop of horses from when I picked it up again went nowhere. I thought it must be that as I was trying to play it quick to get some for the upload window, so avoided the flat races.

Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Do they still improve at 4 7 and 8 like they do in the jumps game.

Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Leon maybe better placed to answer but from when I messed with combined they grow at 2 and 3 and 4. Decline at 5 then grow again when switched to NH. So they behave like flat and then like NH with the rather useless 5yo period when they decline before picking up again at 6. In the round I guess it’s like the NH only game, but recently I have seen different aging on my new NH game than I do on my main game.

Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:32 am
Group 1 winner

Are you only seeing growth at 4, 7 and 8?

My new game lines they stop at 6, this does not happen on my main game where they seem to move in 5-10% increments each year. Though I confess I only really start to care when they are 7, I known then when they will peak and at what level, broadly.

Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:33 am
Group 2 winner

I dont really check the stats for all horses after they are 1 when I am culling. That's for Flat an NH. I run them in the NH until they are 6, then trial them against only other 6yos. Only the ones that score in those trials then make it to 7 an 8, so it helps to reduce numbers.

I double check what the stats have reached then at exports

Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]