View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Observations 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Observations
ghosty wrote:
Unfortunately changing the make up of your trial group changes results sometimes in a major way. And then there is running wide etc to factor in

The one thing I will never understand is how the first trial u run is total garbage. It goes straight in the bin, what coding could actually make the first race totally different to most of the others. Another thing that doesn't make sense is the first colt and filly will always struggle in the trials. I always put in a donkey colt and donkey filly so all the other horses has a fair chance in the races.[/quote]

Does this occur with the RK ? I will need to take note of the 1st races I run when starting up.[/quote]
Stu I'm going to take that back, going through my big trials book it's not the dodge pot race I thought it was. I'm surprised with the results. :shock:[/quote]

Shame I was about to go in and out of the RK, every time I had a Vinny horse in the race. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:49 am
Group 2 winner

Anadin wrote:
ghosty wrote:
Unfortunately changing the make up of your trial group changes results sometimes in a major way. And then there is running wide etc to factor in

The one thing I will never understand is how the first trial u run is total garbage. It goes straight in the bin, what coding could actually make the first race totally different to most of the others. Another thing that doesn't make sense is the first colt and filly will always struggle in the trials. I always put in a donkey colt and donkey filly so all the other horses has a fair chance in the races.

Does this occur with the RK ? I will need to take note of the 1st races I run when starting up.[/quote]
Stu I'm going to take that back, going through my big trials book it's not the dodge pot race I thought it was. I'm surprised with the results. :shock:[/quote]

Shame I was about to go in and out of the RK, every time I had a Vinny horse in the race. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: My plan for this season was to only use horses in the league that won their first trial, the rest of the trials didn't count.

The flat trials are so reliant on pace it probably becomes not fun. I am enjoying the NH a lot more now, just down to the fact it doesn't seem as reliant on pace as the flat. It is still a little important obviously, but not as bad.

If you look at my horses in the league this year they're so inconsistent. There's a few that are consistent, but not many. Most seem to rely on a certain pace, and track. If those conditions aren't met, they just never ever get into the race. I don't think it's that bad, as the best horse doesn't always win the race, but it's massively disadvantaged in the league to have hold up horses. There's tracks they can't win no matter what. Then there's running wide because jockeys have no idea that you're allowed to move in from 10 wide when you're on a straight. They only ever track inside on a turn. Also, if you have a front running horse. there's certain tracks they just wont win at, although not as many, an it's not as bad a bug. It all boils down to nailing your trialing pace is my point here. The biggest thing I changed from last season to this was the pace of my trials. I took out front runners completely, an added a couple of challenge earlier types.

I hope people don't get disheartened by this seasons flat an don't bother next season. Jim an John being missing has made a huge difference to this season. Having them back next season will make it ultra competitive hopefully. I will only be adding a few seasons to my flat horses for next season. All my work has gone into the NH side. really hoping to get somewhere near the top 5 next season. Funny thing is, all my horses in the NH now were really flat bred horses in a combined game that I stopped playing about 2 years ago. They all have insane engines, but most can't jump. So if they get round clear, they tend to be close by. But mostly make a lot of mistakes. I've added a lot of jumping to those lines now, and they seem to be improving, so hopeful I can get involved next year. Can't for the life of me get a National horse though, which I really want given it's my home race :lol:

Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:16 am
Group 3 winner

Vinny my flat breeding days are well and truly over, even if I got 8 I wouldn't bred any flat horses. I only bred them in 7 because of all the work I put into 6 , making my US game from scratch. I'm having more fun now breeding jumpers than I ever did on thr flat. I'm making my front runners bigger and bader for next season. I want to make sure everyone falls in the national next year by going even quicker :lol:

Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:16 pm
Group 2 winner

That's gutting. Understandable though. There's nothing worse than having to redo all that work you've already put in. The NH definitely does seem a bit more fun too. A lot more variables, an less predictable than the flat which is good. Also seems to have a lot more people interested in the league side.

I've just bred a horse that in my trials got 99 out of a possible 105 points for 3m hurdles, and was also my best 3m2 Chase horse. Never been as excited about getting a stallion to the breeding barn

Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6