View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Observations 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Observations
Githyanki wrote:
Now that’s what you call effort….. even I don’t go so far as a spreadsheet, scribbles on paper is about as far as I go. :)

:D same here must go through 2 jotters a week ha

is there a 2 week break lads can't find the post?

Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Now that’s what you call effort….. even I don’t go so far as a spreadsheet, scribbles on paper is about as far as I go. :)

ha, I have the benefit of working from home with 3 work screens, so most the time if I'm playing SO7 while I've been sent to the office by my Wife to watch the footy or racing, I can have my work computer open at the same time with google sheets open to update as I go, without closing the game at all. You could do it playing on widowed mode too I guess, but I hate playing in windowed. Google sheets is so easy to use, as easy as writing stuff down once you've created the format you want

Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:23 pm
Group 3 winner

That's OK Paul, good luck to people who play the combine game. Josh my books are simple , it has name- distance -chaser/hurdler- Running style - Ground and F if it has full potential.

Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:12 pm
Group 3 winner

Me and Vinny has different approach to the game , it both works but totally different. I think I might Trail totally different to most if not all people, I don't look for horses for courses/races. I never trail for individual races even on my fav dirt courses. I have never trailled at Meydan and I don't even have churchill downs ( kentucky derdy)or santa anita ( breeders cup) courses in my game. I rather trail over what I think I think is fair courses for all horses so I know who's the best race horse . U will never guess what I think is the best race course for trailing , and that is newcastle AW course. I loved that course so much I turned it into Saratoga and put it in my game . I do most of my trails there and after I ran them there I will use Ascot for 5 or 6 furlongs and run a few races at Newmarket. I think I come out knowing overall my best horses. Plus I trail a lot less than vinny, perhaps I'm just lazy :lol:

Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:24 pm
Group 2 winner

I need someone to show me how to design my own tracks and schedules in SO8 please :) I've never done this an get the feeling it definitely helps. Think I'm using the original schedule for all mine

Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:55 pm
Group 1 winner

:shock:

Richly deserved success with the level of committent shown by the top boys.

Merry Christmas One & All.....

Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:54 pm
Handicapper

Reading these I’ve realised even just having the 3 winners is sufficient for me :lol: you all put in so much effort and time in, yous deserve your successes :lol:

Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:01 pm
Group 3 winner

[url][/url]
kniesh wrote:
I need someone to show me how to design my own tracks and schedules in SO8 please :) I've never done this an get the feeling it definitely helps. Think I'm using the original schedule for all mine

Sirus built a great track , it was 2m4 and only had 1 bend. Probably great for trialing . I tried to build a 2m4 straight course on SO6 but it wouldn't let me :lol: . Ask Gray if u want to learn how to build courses, he was great at it. I built a lot of my US tracks back when 6 came out but I'm not sure I'd know how to do it now. A lot of waters gone under that bridge since then :lol: schedules and making u own races are pretty easy.

Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:20 pm
Group 2 winner

Perfect, think I'll ask once SO8 comes out, wouldn't mind a straight track like Newmarket, but an easy to finish off one, so I get my horses finally winning from the front. made the huge mistake of all my early trials being at Newmarket, an nearly everything comes home late now, tough to get it out at this point

Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:14 pm
Handicapper

What tracks do you use to trial on?

Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:19 pm
Group 2 winner

AdamA405 wrote:
What tracks do you use to trial on?

5f - Ascot
6f - Ascot then Randwick as a second trial
1m - 3yos Newmarket, 4yo - Ascot, Newbury as a second trials ( I have changed Newbury to Newcastle recently though)
1m2 - Ascot - 2nd is Dubai Dirt, sometimes I use Louiseville now too. None of my horses like dirt though so a struggle
1m4 - 3yo Epsom - 4yo up - Ascot.
1m6 - Only trial 3yos, Doncaster
2m - Ascot
2m4 - Ascot

For trials to upload to the league I add a few more tracks in for each distance, based on the big races within the league for each distance

Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Happy to admit I was totally wrong my 4YO's now crush the 3YO's as the screenshot shows

When I started in So7 my philosophy was to target the classics heavily back then 3YO's could live
and even beat the 4yo's in the league but thats not now the case back then and now i stacked my team with
3 year olds last 2 league season I never even exported 4YO's

It means a slight revamp to my squad making room for more older horses

It actually gives me hope that I have not become totally usless at this :lol:

the good thing is it won't be much work just export my league horses a year older

Be interesting to see how they fair next season

Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:46 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Back in the game Paul :D Plus the best 3 yos don't always make the best 4yos , I always classed them separately. Nadolig Llawen everyone and let's hope the second half of the season is as good as the first.

Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:51 pm
Group 2 winner

As there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable eyes on this thread I will throw this question in ...

When to Export

Again if you look in the legends editor a horse has a peak month or months when it is at top form. Does this have any effect in the CK or RK. If you notice all league races are run in the same date and time, so are horses that peak in that month better.

Also do you export before a big race in hope of a good run and it being in form or a little while after the race when you have seen how it ran ... or does this even matter.

Should flat horses be exported mid season or at the end of the season.

If you export a horse on 31/12 and then again on 1/1 are you in effect getting the same horse twice. Something that may be good for NH horses. If your horse peaks at 8 and you export it on the first day that its 9 are you really getting the 8 year old again or does the game deteriorate it over night.

Be interesting to hear peoples exporting system.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

I'd just run them 3 or 4 times on the flat and so it could be anyday/month. Over jumps I'd do the same and on the first day when they turn 9.

Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next