View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Help with Breeding and Exporting Files 
Selling plater

Post Help with Breeding and Exporting Files
Good Morning

First of all apologies if this is in the wrong place. I have tried looking at some areas for help but just cannot seem to find the specifics im after.

Just to give you a bit of background this is a game I picked up a few years ago and enjoyed playing. I always liked the look of joining the online league but could never get my head around it. Anyway here I am with a new laptop and I have decided to pick up the game again. First of all I started the game without choosing the League format so had a pointless few seasons however it got me back into the swing of some bits and made me keen to have a proper go at breeding my own horses and trying to join the league however from this I have a couple of questions.

1) I tried to export a horse just as a test to see if I could do it correctly. I managed to get it into the CK and then tried to export it however when I search my files I cannot see a file for export and have no idea what I am doing wrong. I use a steam version of the game and found the files but could not find one for exported horses. Any idea on a common issue that I maybe doing wrong?

I dont want to get 20 seasons down the line to find out I have no way of finding the export files etc

2) In regards to breeding I have seen a lot of people mention how they filter out any horse with the potential under 75 for example. This maybe a very silly question but where are you finding these numbers. I have the bar graph that shows and could work it out roughly but dont have actual figures. Is this people just judging the bar or is there a way of finding these figures out?

Kind Regards
Jamie

Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:18 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Help with Breeding and Exporting Files
Hi

I don't use steam but the exported horses should still be in a similar place to a non steam game.

The way to find the folder where the exported horses are stored is straight forward.

Open your documnets folder using File Explorer. Looks like this.

The search function inside red box near the top right can be used to search for files.

Exported horse files look like this: Jim Murray_Fort Starfire_7_UK.hrs

In the search box type *.hrs
You need to search all sub-folders, there should be an option you can select\tick for this

This will search for all the exported horses and display them in the folder.

You should see where the files are stored. My files are all in this folder
D:\Documents\StartersOrders7\exports\leagueHorses

As far as bar percentages, everyone uses the gradient markers on the bars to make an educated guess at 75 %

My best guess is 82% or 83% potential

Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:06 pm
Selling plater

Thank you very much for the help. Managed to find the export files after following your instructions. I had gone down a completely different file route and couldnt find them originally.

Again thank you for that I will see what I can do with that.

I look forward to progressing some seasons on the game and hopefully producing one or two horses worthy of entering the online league

Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:06 pm
Selling plater

Absolutely gutted but I have had a huge learning curve to back up my saved game.

Done around 7 seasons and just started to see some improving horses come in with higher potential and cruising burst. Running a CK race and clicked off the screen to do something else then the program has reverted back to the home page and cleared all my saves. No idea what happened but games gone and I am left to start again.

Nevermind, just as I was getting the hang of it.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:14 pm
Handicapper

Jammag wrote:
Absolutely gutted but I have had a huge learning curve to back up my saved game.

Done around 7 seasons and just started to see some improving horses come in with higher potential and cruising burst. Running a CK race and clicked off the screen to do something else then the program has reverted back to the home page and cleared all my saves. No idea what happened but games gone and I am left to start again.

Nevermind, just as I was getting the hang of it.

Go to Documents-StartersOrders7-Saves

Sort by date modified, take a screenshot and post screenshot on here, let's see if anything can be done to fix it

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:48 pm
Selling plater

I have tried to post the photo but for some reason it wont paste the screenshot in this message

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:44 am
Group 1 winner

Are you on discord?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:28 pm
Selling plater

Going to download the app again tomorrow morning when I am back home

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:50 pm
Handicapper

Jammag wrote:
I have tried to post the photo but for some reason it wont paste the screenshot in this message

Upload to imgur.com and then post the link here

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:11 pm
Selling plater

https://imgur.com/a/jCSMgqU

Hopefully that works.

There are two screenshots. One of the saves however I did restart a game in the same slot as the lost game. The second screenshot is the screen I got to just before it all disappeared. I had been on the CK and completed some races and it went to this screen which is random as I dont have a player two. I clicked on the back arrows and everything just disappeared.

Hoping that helps

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Hate to say it, but you should be able to recover from that. I have had the same random player two pop up in the CK, and you get stuck in a loop. I seem to recall crash to desktop restart all sorted.............

That you have over saved the game likely means your buggered, but I see 1, 4 and 8 saves and bak files I think. There are others who know this better who maybe able to help more.

Josh

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:03 pm
Selling plater

At the time I closed the game down although not through task manager to which I do now.

When I reloaded the game everything was blank of saves

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:39 pm
Handicapper

Jammag wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/jCSMgqU

Hopefully that works.

There are two screenshots. One of the saves however I did restart a game in the same slot as the lost game. The second screenshot is the screen I got to just before it all disappeared. I had been on the CK and completed some races and it went to this screen which is random as I dont have a player two. I clicked on the back arrows and everything just disappeared.

Hoping that helps

Had this happen to me a couple of times.
What I do now is after I export some horses I save/quit then close the game completely.
Then I start SO7 and go straight to the CK to do my trials.
If the game crashes while in the CK no harm is done, your saves and exports are still there.
I've never had a problem since I started doing this.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]