View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 ONLINE LEAGUE DATE SEASON 16 
Group 1 winner

Post ONLINE LEAGUE DATE SEASON 16
Hi fellow Trainers the new League will Begin on FRIDAY MAY 24th Declarations will Close 5PM has usual on The 24th for week 1 Races

UPLOADS will Close THURSDAY May 23rd MIDNIGHT to give the returning Horses that have not been uploaded with there Current Rating which you can see on Tom in Your Trainers History in Your Stable Tab.

New Upload You can Reset your horses Ratings in the CK by clicking on the Blank Rating - and type 975 this will change all your horses FLAT rating to 75 Click the photo top left to switch to NH ratings and again click on the blank rating - and type 10 to change Both Hurdle and Chase ratings to 100.

Gray

Give a heads up in this post if you are joining for the first time if you need help.

Gray

Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Post Re: ONLINE LEAGUE DATE SEASON 16
Thanks Gray,

Yes I'm sure I will need some help closer to the time. I have read some of the instructions on the forum so I'll give that a go, and then send you some questions when I can't work it out!

I do have one question now to begin with....I have seen it mentioned in a few forums...what is TOM?

Thanks,
Paul

Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:40 am
Group 1 winner

Paul Parsons wrote:
Thanks Gray,

Yes I'm sure I will need some help closer to the time. I have read some of the instructions on the forum so I'll give that a go, and then send you some questions when I can't work it out!

I do have one question now to begin with....I have seen it mentioned in a few forums...what is TOM?

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul and welcome

Tom is the site you upload your horses it also has alot of league stats on it like leading trainers leading horses etc

check it out > http://startersordersonlineleague.com/#/

Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Thanks for the welcome Paul,

Ah, so that is TOM!

I have already created an account, picked my silks etc...just have to fill my stable with some horses. I have been putting in a lot of hours trying to get some that will hopefully be competitive. I think I am heading in the right direction, so far for the most part I have been improving on my previous year's yardsticks. I realise though I am still going to be a long way behind where all you experienced trainers are.

Still, I am optimistic and looking forward to the experience.

Thanks to everyone so far for all your help and support. I know there will be more questions to come as we get closer to 24th May.

Cheers,
Paul

Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:20 pm
Group 1 winner

There are a lot of opportunities for lower rated horses. You may have to write off the first 2 weeks but from week 3 when there are a lot of handicaps your horses should be more competitive if you place them well.

Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:55 pm
Selling plater

Yes, it's going to be a big learning curve to begin with that's for sure. Understanding where my horses' abilities rank and what are the best races to enter them in etc. I'm sure I'll make many rookie mistakes but that is all part of the understanding.

And I am sure like everyone who has been in my position about to embark on their first season, I have high hopes and expectations that far exceed the realistic capabilities of my horses!

Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:26 pm
Selling plater

I am going to aim to compete in the league for the first time. I will probably need some help along the way but the aim is to see where some of my horses are and learn a lot by it.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Jammag wrote:
I am going to aim to compete in the league for the first time. I will probably need some help along the way but the aim is to see where some of my horses are and learn a lot by it.

Just shot there are plenty of good people on here always willing to help specially rookies

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Good Luck Jammag and Paul.

One bit of advice I'd give as last season was my first. Don't get greedy early and enter horses in group races if they don't win or place early. I went chasing group wins early and all my horses got higher handicaps and were stuck in between too high handicaps to win those races and only mid pack in group races.

Some weeks are just bad, and you think why do I bother, then the next week you will get a couple wins or places and it will be worth it.

Last bit would be to download the race scheldule from TOM and see the types of races. I had a good 3 yr old who loved 1.1m (1800) but there were no/few races that suited. Also I had a 2 yr old who was good over a mile plus, won early and couldn't race again due to no races for 4 weeks.

Otherswise have fun and like everyone has said just ask questions. Everyone is very helpful.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:09 am
Group 1 winner

Just prepare to be soundly beaten for the first few weeks, and I mean soundly........then anything else is a bonus. Week one maidens are basically group 1 races, and avoid group races period in the early weeks until you have no other options. So 110+ flat and 140+ NH. Your first win could be a donkey derby and you will still enjoy it.

Too many new joiners give up after the first few weeks, and miss the handicaps where they may have been competitive, they also never find out which of their horses are league horses and thus which breeding line to develop and which to abandon. Most of us have been doing this for years now and all us mostly got soundly beaten in our first season, I certainly did.

End of the day its just time and luck with a sprinkle of experience. Anyone can do what we have done.

Josh

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:09 pm
Selling plater

Jammag wrote:

It's going to be my first season too, so it's good to have someone to compete with at the rear of the field!

There is lots of advice on here from the experienced trainers, so be a sponge and absorb as much as you can!

Look forward to sharing some stories about our progress.

Paul

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]