View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Do you remember your first league win??? 
Handicapper

Post Do you remember your first league win???
For me it was back in S02, season 6 I think, with Ascaron Girl over 1m2 banded at Chester, I had the going, good to firm, but needed the draw. I remember waiting for the draws to come up and desperately hoping for a low one, that was a long wait I can tell you but I got it, still wasn’t sure if it would win but it did the job by a couple of lengths. Oh happy days!!! :D :D :D

So do you remember yours???

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Dancing Dolphin i think was mine very first season over 1m4f in a hcap. Flew down the outside to me jumping up and down in the living room. My fav was Edmo Lift tho my 2yo who loved heavy and thank the lord after his maiden win a group 2 came up with soft ground so entered and won it. Only ran him twice as other races came up g/firm or better so didnt want to lode unbeaten tag :lol: silly of me really

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:17 pm
Handicapper

Only ran him twice as other races came up g/firm or better so didnt want to lode unbeaten tag :lol: silly of me really

lol I know what that is like, I always chuck them in because you just never know. Last season I picked up a 2m2 that ordinarily I would never have won; wrong trip, wrong going, and the horse wasn't that good even over the right trip and going but it won due to a very slow run race and it didn’t win anything else for the rest of the season!!! :lol:

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:28 pm
Selling plater

My only season was last season.Had a few winners,but my first was with a D D horse Kilrane week 3 at newbury restricted dash. she went on to win GR1 nunthorpe. My first own bred was Prince of hope week 5 2yo restricted maiden. got a real buzz from winning any race.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:30 pm
Group 1 winner

My only season was last season.Had a few winners,but my first was with a D D horse Kilrane week 3 at newbury restricted dash. she went on to win GR1 nunthorpe. My first own bred was Prince of hope week 5 2yo restricted maiden. got a real buzz from winning any race.

If l remember wasnt this Jasons horse who you then beat him into 2nd for the Nunthorpe??? :lol:

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:48 pm
Group 1 winner

LOCHSONG wrote:

If l remember wasnt this Jasons horse who you then beat him into 2nd for the Nunthorpe??? :lol:

It was mate. Very consistent horse Kilrane. Peyton To Marvin was another for John Reddis (Scatters) - Hope I dont get shot down for mentioning someones real name jees. This horse didn't beat into 2nd though. I was unplaced with a rat. Peyton To Marvin pissed home in the Golden Jubilee. :shock:

Looking forward to the league already talking about it :D

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:55 pm
Group 1 winner

How did you miss these then Mate, just no good in Ck or you had others that beat them??

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:01 pm
Group 1 winner

My first winner was First Foot in the restricted guineas in SO2 season 6.
One of several horses, well beaten in trials that I've uploaded for no other reason than to fill up my stable and give me some interest in the races.
A trait that has continued every season with my stable stars running like donkeys and my lesser horses doing the stable proud.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:07 pm
Group 1 winner

How did you miss these then Mate, just no good in Ck or you had others that beat them??

Others more consistent. Peyton To Marvin was a one track horse. I knew from my trials it was going to ease home.

Kilrane on the other hand was consistent but I had others better. Obviously not at York though. :lol:

There were a few others aswell that won feature races. I think its brilliant the D&D. Gives new trainers a foot in the door. The horse can be used in the league or as a marker horse.

I remember winning The Oaks with Cerise (D&D horse from Padraig Hogan) This horse was 1m6f soft ground lover but I tried her at 1m4f because the ground was soft. She just pipped Padraigs entry. Im sure Padraig remembers this :D

Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:42 pm
Group 2 winner

A game horse called French Mannequin. She won a 1m4f banded handicap around week 11 of my first season (season 3), when we still used SO Pro for the league. She won by 5 lengths at top weight.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Can anyone remember the very first season when l cant remember who had a Grey 1mile horse that everybody tryed to beat but couldnt. I remember avoiding his races as much as poss he was a freak

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:07 am
Group 2 winner

Can anyone remember the very first season when l cant remember who had a Grey 1mile horse that everybody tryed to beat but couldnt. I remember avoiding his races as much as poss he was a freak

Thoughtandexpression owned the horse, but the name escapes me.

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:14 am
Group 1 winner

mwesty1 wrote:

Others more consistent. Peyton To Marvin was a one track horse. I knew from my trials it was going to ease home.

Kilrane on the other hand was consistent but I had others better. Obviously not at York though.

There were a few others aswell that won feature races. I think its brilliant the D&D. Gives new trainers a foot in the door. The horse can be used in the league or as a marker horse.

I remember winning The Oaks with Cerise (D&D horse from Padraig Hogan) This horse was 1m6f soft ground lover but I tried her at 1m4f because the ground was soft. She just pipped Padraigs entry. Im sure Padraig remembers this

Yes, Peyton To Marvin was my first G1 winner in my first ever season. Got him from Jay in the draft. Unbelievable!!

The first horse I actually trained and won was Malibu. Was beaten next start by Remba, one of Jay’s horses.
Cheers

Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:40 am
Handicapper

Any long time players might remember my beloved sprinter Irish Blessing from SO2. She won six 5 furlong races for me and was a game bred! Happy days!!!

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:55 am
Handicapper

Yes, remember Irish Blessing well in your purple silks back then.

First winner i had was Lady Zilla winnining a banded maiden pretty easily. Went on to run consistantly well in group 1s after that.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next