View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Do you remember your first league win??? 
Group 1 winner

mwesty1 wrote:
Can anyone remember the very first season when l cant remember who had a Grey 1mile horse that everybody tryed to beat but couldnt. I remember avoiding his races as much as poss he was a freak

Thoughtandexpression owned the horse, but the name escapes me.

Gentle Response.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Thats the 1 mate, remember this horse well was bit of a freak at the time

Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:55 pm
Selling plater

In my first full season I uploaded a handful at one of the mid-season upload windows. One 2YO filly was a record-breaking 3YO in my game. I entered her in a listed 6f and crossed my fingers. On a lark, I nearly put 20k to win on her but didn't. The best part of the race was that Padraig had uploaded some new horses and even wrote the preview for this race. He picked his own to win and it was related in some way to one of his monsters. Those two battled for most of the race and his dropped to third while mine stormed home. Glorious first win! :D

Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:50 am
Handicapper

Post Nice trip down memory lane
I first started with SOPL II which used the original Starters Orders.

I had all these game monsters that I knew would cream the crap in the online league. Most barely made the screen at the finish let alone the photo :) Mind you, I learnt the good old RTFM lesson ... I had exported my good horses straight AFTER they had raced!!!

My second lot that season were a little better and I had a good 2yo that placed in a couple of black type 2yo races over 5f but I raced it over any distance and conditions. If my memory is correct, I almost fluked the Arc beaten into second (that's the Kiwi record in the Arc too).

As with others, my first winners were in maidens or handicaps that I didn't have particular expectations for.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2