View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Problem With TOM/ COLM OR DAVE 
Group 1 winner

Post Problem With TOM/ COLM OR DAVE
Hi lads just wondered if TOM is reverting back to last season. When l search races to enter ie 5F 2yo races it brings up last years races with horses entered from then also???

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:33 pm
Handicapper

Post TOM
There's a few idiosyncracies the way that this version of TOM deals with new seasons. I'm trying to eliminate them when I find them. I'll have a look and find a fix within the next 24 hrs.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:49 pm
Group 2 winner

This little quirk only seems to show up on Searching for races.

If you clicked the View/Enter Races button and browsed to the same race, you'll see it's up to date.

I'm sure Dodgy will have it sorted in no time. In the meantime, in the Excel schedule, click on cell A1. Then go to tools, select filter and Auto Filter. That will help you search and plan that way.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks can l just ask as im just coming back we dont get the ground no more just the season and its random on the day?????? like winter/spring should be firmish frozen???

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:51 pm
Group 2 winner

Good point - Just added this page to the manual

In Seasons gone by we had weather conditions decided at the start of the season, or had a small range used. To improve the realism and uncertainty of weather, we've broadened the options, and you won't know what weather will actually appear, until one week before race day.

Below is a list of the percentages used in calculating weather conditions. These denote the percentage chance of that ground appearing for weeks listed with those conditons.

Winter - Track variations (Heavy 40%, Soft 40%, Good-Soft 15%, Good 5%):
Winter will cover late Dec to early Feb. There is a heavy bias toward soft and heavy here with just a 5% chance of the track being good. No possibility whatsoever for a track rated good to firm or better.

Winter/Spring - Track variations (Heavy 10%, Soft 25%, Good-Soft 40%, Good 20%, Good-Firm 5%):
Winter/Spring will cover late Feb to Early Apr. There is a bias towards good to soft with just a 5% chance of the track being good to firm. No possibility whatsoever for a track rated firm or better.

Spring - Track variations (Heavy 5%, Soft 10%, Good-Soft 20%, Good 45%, Good-Firm 15%, Firm 5%):
Spring will cover Late Apr/May. There is a bias towards good with up to 6 different conditions possible. No possibility whatsoever for a track rated hard.

Spring/Summer - Track variations (Heavy 2%, Soft 6%, Good-Soft 12%, Good 45%, Good-Firm 23%, Firm 10%, Hard 2%):
Spring/Summer will cover June. There is a bias towards good/good to firm with all conditions possible from heavy to hard.

Summer - Track variations (Heavy 1%, Soft 4%, Good-Soft 10%, Good 28%, Good-Firm 36%, Firm 14%, Hard 7%):
Summer will cover July and Early August. There is a bias towards good to firm with all conditions possible from heavy to hard.

Spring/Summer - Track variations (Heavy 2%, Soft 6%, Good-Soft 12%, Good 45%, Good-Firm 23%, Firm 10%, Hard 2%):
Spring/Summer will cover late Aug/Sep. There is a bias towards good/good to firm with all conditions possible from heavy to hard.

Autumn - Track variations (Heavy 5%, Soft 10%, Good-Soft 20%, Good 45%, Good-Firm 15%, Firm 5%):
Autumn will cover Oct/Early Nov. There is a bias towards good with up to 6 different conditions possible. No possibility whatsoever for a track rated hard.

Autumn/Winter - Track variations (Heavy 10%, Soft 25%, Good-Soft 40%, Good 20%, Good-Firm 5%):
Autumn/Winter will cover mid Nov to mid Dec. There is a bias towards good to soft with just a 5% chance of the track being good to firm. No possibility whatsoever for a track rated firm or better.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:17 pm
Handicapper

Post Sorted
The page is now league specific and is future proofed so will increment for future seasons. I've also tidied up the display a little and eliminated D&D races from the results.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry for being stupid if this sounds it, I have all my horses entered in UK league so can only search UK under league type.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:51 pm
Handicapper

Sorry for being stupid if this sounds it, I have all my horses entered in UK league so can only search UK under league type.

No you can search all leagues - you will need to change leagues to view the other data if you have specified a particular league.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]