View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Take it the leagues dead in the water then????? 
Group 3 winner

Post Take it the leagues dead in the water then?????
Hi guys
its been quiet for way too long on the league front, are we to take it that this season is now a dead duck????
would be nice to know either way, that way a new game can be started and i can start assembling my arsenal for next season!! :D

Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Handicapper

Looks that way, its a shame as Cheltenham and Aintree were coming up, but the league imploded under the weight of its own elitism, which to be honest looked likely all season.

I want to know if Mark is going to give out the race builder league kit as i feel a fresh start is needed and a new league set up by other people uncorrupted by the intellectually challenged who didn't realize this is only a game, a bit of fun and definitely not to be taken as seriously as some people did, in short the fun needs to come back.

I would be interested myself in helping to start up an alternative National Hunt League, as i have no interest in the flat side of the game or league as its been stacked in favour of the elite trainers since its inception (and i've been in the league since season 2), with its never ending list of group races among other gripes.

I wonder if people did start a breakaway league would we be given access to T.O.M. ?

Mon May 31, 2010 11:12 am
Group 1 winner

guys im sure the league is gunna be sorted out so you dont have to resort to those measures so dont worry about it!! the league is gunna be alot better in the future !

i agree with you scotty about the time being taken over this. I am not going to go as far as steve and lay down ultimatums about quitting if it is not decided immediatley, but i will go as far as to say one post every week saying 'it will be sorted very soon' is a bit of a joke. i thought we would be kept more in the loop than this, and it is very disappointing

Mon May 31, 2010 11:38 am
Handicapper

i thought we would be kept more in the loop than this, and it is very disappointing

Like i said....Elitism :roll:

Mon May 31, 2010 12:21 pm
Group 1 winner

to be honest mate i dont think it is like that. i think it is a case of EVERYONE waiting on what Jim has to say. The top trainers are waiting around frustrated just like us

Mon May 31, 2010 12:24 pm
Handicapper

I think there has been enough patience shown from everyone but there comes a point when something, anything just needs to be done. I understand this is a big decision but after all its a computer game and sometimes I get the feeling we're all caught up in the midsts of a serious business decision and its not nice nor is it a comfortable position to be in and I would hope Mark isn't losing potential customers with this poor showing on the community.

Mon May 31, 2010 12:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Mon May 31, 2010 12:28 pm
Handicapper

I get the feeling we're all caught up in the midsts of a serious business decision and its not nice nor is it a comfortable position to be in

I agree and i don't like it, Marks aligned himself to Jim and his vision, Jim delegated to the Various Presidents, the various Presidents had there cliques and cronies and there is the problem, which will arise again if you put all your eggs in one basket.

I believe there should be multiple Leagues ran by different people/organizations, a president is only allowed one year in office to keep things fresh, proper schedules and proper racing not group race after group race. I mean i liked Steves idea of a proper season mirroring real life, if we used in game ratings then that would negate the need for handicappers, we could have stewards looking out for fiddling via horses prefered distances, we could even ban trainers for a month for fiddling if so desired.

Theres so much more scope in having seasons that mirror real life and i believe a league should be set up this way.

Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 pm
Group 1 winner

not group race after group race.

The flat schedule is a lot more open with plenty of lower grade races. Most of the TOP handicaps are 0-80.

jackdaw wrote:
Theres so much more scope in having seasons that mirror real life and i believe a league should be set up this way.

I would also like to see a schedule that mirrors real life with less upload windows. Horses are not in the league long enough.

Mon May 31, 2010 4:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Mon May 31, 2010 5:29 pm
Group 1 winner

HurricaneRun wrote:

i thought we would be kept more in the loop than this, and it is very disappointing

Like i said....Elitism

I totally agree, there is, and always has been a very small minority in the know when the rest of us are kept in the dark. I'd be in favour of ending the current season to give those who want to run it more time to get things sorted out. I loved Steve's idea, it is a shame that he lived up to some people's predictions but I do hope that he changes his mind. There are far far far too many group races and not enough 'normal races'. E.g. I entered my horses in the most recent upload window and there were about 3 maiden races that week, someone posted saying that there were more than usual for the new horses that had been uploaded. So if that was more than normal I am so pleased I wasn't in at the beginning. More 'normal races' and less Group races to make the group races seem more special.

Mon May 31, 2010 5:47 pm
Group 3 winner

there will be a decision shortly....

i am very far from elitist as i rarely win these days as im bored with races 3m and under..prefer stayers mostly which i bring on gradually

Jim is just as commited as anyone here...and will get back asap

it is known that a break of 2-3 weeks has been taken and as this the start of the 2nd week and until everyone gets back to Jim (from emails)

we can't go forward..i myself has decided to carry-on til end of season
when i will train someone else to takeover the reins of NHC

im eager to get back also as i had some nice prospects in the big staying races no-one was no more pleased than i to win B2B Million races

i know i had to sponsor this type of race as seasons past i have had horses like this just lying doing nothing as there was no races for them
but now i have solved this problem with massive Prizemoney!
just wish there was more ppl envolved as the rewards are not to be sniffed at..

so plz can we hold off a while and if anyone is interested in doing a job as staff or even a major role in NHC..plz dont hesitate to let me know
i will want ppl that are committed and love NH Racing like i do

Regards

Paul

Mon May 31, 2010 5:51 pm
Group 3 winner

I agree and i don't like it, Marks aligned himself to Jim and his vision, Jim delegated to the Various Presidents, the various Presidents had there cliques and cronies and there is the problem, which will arise again if you put all your eggs in one basket.

I believe there should be multiple Leagues ran by different people/organizations, a president is only allowed one year in office to keep things fresh, proper schedules and proper racing not group race after group race. I mean i liked Steves idea of a proper season mirroring real life, if we used in game ratings then that would negate the need for handicappers, we could have stewards looking out for fiddling via horses prefered distances, we could even ban trainers for a month for fiddling if so desired.

i am no elitist..and frankly resent that conotation..im in no so called clique but there are plenty around...and to be thought of in this way is very un called for...no-one has done more than i to support NH Racing it was my idea to get it started and badgering Mark with certain ideas for many seasons did we finally get ourselves Jump racing and Mark has done a wonderful job of it all but like all things we need tweaks here and there and when it is finally done we will have a NHC League we can be proud of if of course ppl support it and dont drive it down...

i do like most of Jackdaws ideas about the Presidency as burn out is a big issue with it plus most ppl do have RL to get on with away from SOPL
i am all for NHC to mirror RL NH Racing and would like to see most things employed from it...but all things may not be a good fit and there are always alternatives

i myself would be lost without NHC in the league as Flat does nothing for me...if anyone wants to volunteer time to NHC or even a major Role should get in touch with me asap i would ask that they are commited and most of all love NH Racing as i do..

u can contact me anytime with views, idea's, latest gossip, etc..
if i know anything i will be more forward in future even tho' im usually the last to know about anything...lol

best regards

Paul

Mon May 31, 2010 6:15 pm
Group 1 winner

I totally agree, there is, and always has been a very small minority in the know when the rest of us are kept in the dark

I have been involved a long time and this is FAR from true. This current situation is an example. No one but Jim knows what is going to happen.

With regards to Maiden races. The first two weeks are full of maiden races. 95% are maiden races. Too many slag the current schedule off when they haven't even looked at it.

Mon May 31, 2010 7:09 pm
Group 1 winner

i would love to play a role in the nhc mate!!

Mon May 31, 2010 9:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next