View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 685 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 46  Next
 New League Season 
Group 1 winner

Post New League Season
This is the thread for all league announcements up to the season start date of October 16th, I also wanted to put, all in one place, the new rules for this season. There will also be some schedule tweaking (less 2m races in NHC, some more extreme distances too, more maidens in the initial weeks and some handicap changes).

1) The upload window is scrapped. You can upload/transfer/retire horses whenever you like.
2) Initial stable size is only 15 though. This will be increased to 20 in week 6 and 25 in week 12.
3) In order to enter handicap races your horse must have raced 3 times and not be deemed to have garnered an artificially low mark.
4) Group 1 races will have a maximum field size of 20. This may be extended to Group 2 and 3 races in the future. Entries are dependent on rating. First time runners are ineligible.
5) Rewards will apply to certain feats of excellence, for example winning the King George and Gold Cup, or the English and Irish Derby/Guineas (with the same horse = extra stable slot (permanently), with different horses = £1,000,000)

More to follow.

Last edited by anubisrich on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:28 pm
Group 1 winner

16th october - good stuff, look forward to it!!

personally im a fan of the continuous upload/retirement etc policy, especially for the newbies who can get rid of something not running a race for them whatsoever. the only thing is rich, are you making sure that there aare maidens throughout the season, so that horses uploaded in week 6 can get 3 runs so they can run in later season handicaps. also how long is the season, as a horse uploaded in week 12 needs a chance to race before going for group races and therefore may be best left for the season after.

love the less 2mile nhc races (even though its my only half decent distance), also hope we can have some moores million style races added in !!i know paul loves sponsoring that series of races.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:01 pm
Group 1 winner

still a bit iffy on the transfers though!! like the conitnuous upload window/retirements though- do u mean unlimited retirements as well rich, or a certain number which are available at any time??

also rivers - the no maiden in a group race is not a bad idea. obviously there will therefore be no group racing in week 1, gives everyone a real idea of the ability of their horse. i dont know if you played last season but there were too many no hopers in group races, these changes which are being brought in will improve the group races as both a contest and as a spectacle!!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Glad to see the league starting again, can't wait to get started again...

whats going on with primary/secondary leagues??? is it 15 horses for each league?? Group 1 rules are good with the no maiden rule also good.

only problem I can see is the uploads/retirements especially with people like me whose game has packed in and dosent have the time to start over with uni etc so other people will be at an unfair advantage being able to upload constantly and theres going to have to be an awful load of maidens to get a rating if uploads can happen constantly!! No problems though sure it will work out and hopefully the league will be just as competitive as it has been...

One more question, when can we start uploading and are the schedules for this season on tom yet??

Thanks

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:15 pm
Group 1 winner

ive always thought it would be best to have a limit on the retirements and no transfers. that way people can upload new horses but also have to balance how many they upload to begin with and what they retire during the season. i think the stable sizes are good but there should be no transfers and only 5 or so retirements!

the maiden in group races is a good point. i like the idea of making the quality of the group races better and removing poor horses, but surely rich you mean a horse that has never ran before can not enter a g1?? because surely if a horse has to win a race before going into a group race then group races are not going to be run until deep into the season:

lets say for example, there are 2 1m4f maidens in week 1, and 2 1m4f maiden in week 2. if there is then a 1m4f group race in week 3, only four horses would be able to enter!!and with the 3 run rule to get a rating (which i like), means that no horses would have a rating to be considered on.

as you have seen in the league before, a horse could come 2nd in its maiden and then win a group race, as some of the races are dependant on luck in running and suitability of the ground. so i think maybe its not appropriate to say only a horse that has won can enter a group race: last season i had a horse come 4th in their maiden, then finished 5th in a group 2 out of 20 runners.

this one needs a rethink maybe, unless you have a better idea of how it will work rich

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:30 pm
Group 1 winner

By maidens I mean horses that have not run before, as in, the G1 race would be their maiden appearance on a race track. I thought that was pretty obvious.

And lol no, there won't be unlimited retirements.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:49 pm
Group 1 winner

just clearing that up because i think that was why rivers was concerned by the maidens in a g1 rule!!

good stuff, looking forward to it

will we have a chance to see the schedules before the racing starts bud?

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:51 pm
Group 3 winner

Getting back into it now, shame mike aint involved, I'd have had 50k on myself to mop up this season!! :lol:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Group 1 winner

im owed money from a bet i placed with speedy. i put 20k on six billion to win the champion bumper at 3/1!!! i want my money

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:06 pm
Fascism is alive and kicking - I make valid points and you delete them.

Last edited by Rivers on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:13 pm
Group 1 winner

as you have seen in the league before, a horse could come 2nd in its maiden and then win a group race

Just to clarify, this is perfectly acceptable. I wasn't using maiden in the horse racing terminology but it's standard english use, obviously it was a bit confusing so I've changed by original post.

Rivers wrote:
Fascism is alive and kicking

Just keeping everything posted accurate to stop the spread of misinterpretation and misinformation. This isn't necessarily supposed to be a chat thread for inane commentary either. Thanks.

Last edited by anubisrich on Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:14 pm
Group 3 winner

I lumped on crazy to win trainers title.............Mikes done a runner!!!
If crazy, esa or jay read this any horses goin spare my email addr......... :lol:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:15 pm
Group 3 winner

Sorry rich, I'll keep on topic, dont wanna be the next NEW APPROACH. lol

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:18 pm
Group 1 winner

rivers im not trying to have a go pal but u shud try and hold back with the negativity and the criticisms. get urself some horses and look forward to the 16th october. see you guys at the races!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Will the schedules for UK, USA be the same or should we wait for updated schedules?

I think I've worked it out, since there is talk of more maidens etc I guess there needs to be new schedules.

If this is correct do you know when they will be available?

Thanks.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 685 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 46  Next