View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 League Open 
Group 2 winner

There are horses nominated for the 1,000 and 2,000 Guineas already, is that allowed?

Matt

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:39 pm
Group 1 winner

yeah. if it came to the race and they hadnt run they would be scratched. if there mark was too low they would also be scratched

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:45 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: League Open
anubisrich wrote:
As you've probably seen, the league is open for business. In order to participate you will need to create an account then upload your .hrs files to the website using the upload button on the main page. In the top right hand corner you will see UKRA/USRA/NHC tabs, click on those to go to your respective stables for each.

This is probably a good time to mention that all uploaded horses will be analysed for evidence of cheating, manipulation etc. Horses from cracked games are obvious and ineligible for racing.

UKRA - you have probably seen the schedule amendments. Plan your races carefully, 3 runs are required for a handicap mark. To begin with there will be no UK handicapper. The games handicapping system is not perfect but it is based on the game's mechanics, I am hoping that by having three runs little errors will be ironed out. Depending on how this goes, I may bring a handicapper in.

USRA - schedule remains the same. You do not require 3 runs to compete in a handicap, if you are the type of player that wants a more immediate game, this is for you. Due to the draw effect in USRA it's often easier to pick up a win, even if you haven't got the best horse. For new starters, it's definitely worth uploading a few here. There will be a handicapper but it won't be massively hands on until required.

NHC - schedule amendments have gone through although I may change the balance of handicaps through the season depending on how many horses are uploaded at different distances. I will of course keep you posted. Paul "The Legend" Moores will be bringing back the extreme distance championships later on in the season

A few other points:

Horse names: please keep them family friendly. I don't think any children play this but even then they are probably the only people who'd find a swear word amusing.

Bookmakers/Commentators: I will be getting in touch with those who have done this in the past and I've had interest already from others. If you are interested give me a shout, soplpresident@gmail.com as it's always good to get new people on board.

General banter: There is a good atmosphere at the moment. I know when my horses are kicking your butt you're going to be annoyed but don't be a little girl, man up and face me on the track. :lol: As there are fewer horses in the stables this year I hope everyone will post a stable tour next week giving us the rundown on their stable and a chance for the punters to nibble at some early prices.

There may be a few technical issues at the start but we'll get them sorted asap, email me to let me know about them rather than clog up the board.

Good luck! Post here if you have any questions about the upload/nomination process.

Hi,

PM does'nt work - so im writing here.

Rich - i was told to cantact you to get my finances sorted (-10,000 at the moment). Also I uploaded my initial horses without changing the handicap rating - read the info too late. Can u help with that? Cheers

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League Open
pauloneill wrote:
Hi,

PM does'nt work - so im writing here.

Rich - i was told to cantact you to get my finances sorted (-10,000 at the moment). Also I uploaded my initial horses without changing the handicap rating - read the info too late. Can u help with that? Cheers

Will try and sort that for you. Don't worry about the handicap rating stuff I've changed those

Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:18 pm
Selling plater

Talking about finances !! at the moment im -21,000 do you only get money if you win or place in a race ??

Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:44 pm
Selling plater

love to join //just unsure how to atm grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:41 am
Group 3 winner

love to join //just unsure how to atm grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Go here first:

http://www.sopl.info/sopl/tom10/main.php

then register as new trainer. Can`t remember the full process but must be fairly easy as I managed it.

And don`t forget to read this before uploading:

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=3472

good luck!

Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:16 pm
Selling plater

thanks for that all signed up!! i must be so dumb i can't find my horse files...or if i exported them at all...

i go to race builder an it has them all there,an at the bottom sayes data storage folder..can't work out if there exporting :oops: :?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:18 pm
Group 1 winner

I presume you mean on the computer rather than in the game. If so they are in the SO4 folder in Program Data or Application Data for XP. Go to the exports folder and you'll find them all stored in the horses folder.

this may help.........

On your desktop click on computer then go to

System C/ProgramData/Starters Orders 4/exports/horses

They should be in that folder

If you can't see any of the folders then click on "Organize" at the top left hand corner and select "Folder Search Options" then click view then under "Hidden files and folders" click on the "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" option.

Should see them now.

Do not go to Program Files but ProgramData!!!!

For XP follow......

start>my computer>(c)windows>Documents and settings>all users>application data>starters orders 4>Exports>my horses.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3