View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 NHC Ten Horses to Follow 
Group 1 winner

Post NHC Ten Horses to Follow
NHC Ten Horses To Follow
1) ALPHABET SOUP (D Robertson) – Really impressed with her performance in the 4mile maiden. If I was feeling bullish about any of my NHC horses, it was Aliceva II , and Alphabet Soup never looked like letting mine get near him. These two pulled way clear of the rest but this 8yo mare looked to win comfortably. Lovely prospect for the rest of the season. Will be weighted high enough in future races but looks a class act and potential Grand National winner.

2) AMARO LUCIA (Hurricane Run) – Was blown away by my 5yo colts performance in his race (9). Hemz and Hooley have been winning big races in this league long before I came along, and therefore I have maximum respect for their horses. Therefore the Amaro Lucia pulled away from those horses to win easy tells me Ive got a cracker. Will go for the Haldon Gold Cup over a furlong less in week2 , but my bigger concern is the ground. Will be hard to find 2m2f races for this horse so I will be hoping he is classy enough to win over 2miles. If he is, he will go for the Champion Chase.

3) GO BOGY (FiXiT) – I think this horse did well to finish 3rd in the juvenile race, clattering the first hurdle in a competitive race is always unsettling and can take the sting out of the horse when push comes to shove. The trainer has given nothing but glowing reports about this horse and I think he may be able to return at a good price in the next few weeks. Obviously the winner of this race, and indeed the runner up look good but I’d like to pick a few out here who weren’t successful on their debut.

4) AURORA SKYZ (Hemz) – Finished runner up in race 15. This horse let the winner make first dash for the post, and was last at the half-way point of the race. I think Hemz (or his boy) will be confident of reversing places in the future. A rematch between the two is inevitable at some stage of the season and I think i’d take this horse at a better price. One thing is certain – they’re both great horses who can handle jumping whilst going at a blistering pace, and there won’t be much between them

5) SANOTIERS (Nick Driver) – Won race 14 over 3 miles, with a very gutsy performance. This horse showed incredible desire to pass Hooley’s runner in the final furlong to give Nick his first winner of the season. The attitude this horse showed makes me believe he will go in again soon and I think we may see this horse lineup for the World Hurdle at the Festival. An early antepost market leader for sure.

6) OPTIMISTIC SMILE (Hurricane Run) - This 5yo finished 4th in race 4, 2m4f chase. I have picked this mare ahead of 3 of my other horses who won in week 1, for two reasons. Firstly, I know she is good from her work at home. The second reason is that during this race when she came to make her challenge the jockey got her completely locked in and lost an unbelievable amount of ground on the leaders. At the end of the race she was getting going again but the race had gone by then. Terrible ride from the jockey – have faith in this mare, I think she could win a big race over 2m4/5f and the Ryanair Chase is a long-term target.

7) MEMPHIS DEE (P Hogan) – This horse finished runner-up to one of my horses in the 2m6f hurdle race (10). I thought the way she was staying on the end caught the eye, and I think this 5yo mare would have won had my horse not been allowed to take a huge lead turning for home. Runs over 3mile next week and I think this could be a good distance for this horse, however the heavy ground may not suit. Therefore don’t expect it to win next week, although it should be thereabouts, but keep an eye out for this one over the course of the season.

8 ) NATIVE DANCER (Hooley) – Won the NH Flat race at ridiculous odds, the bookies won’t make that mistake again with a horse from a top NH yard. The reason I have picked this horse out is simply because the race didn’t seem hugely competitive. If the NH flat races continue to run with small fields then expect to see this horse dominate and perhaps pick up the Champion Bumper at the festival. I get the feeling an extra furlong or two would bring out even more improvement in this horse and could be one for accumulators in the next few weeks. However expect odds-on next time as Conor will not want to pay out on this horse anymore!!

9) SEA NYMPH (K Robertson) – I’ve picked this horse for the simple reason that this race (1) involved 4 horses really pushing one another. Yes it was a maiden but I think the front 4 in this race will all turn out to be top hurdlers this season. On another day it is entirely reasonable to argue that the placings could be reversed, but this horse showed incredible qualities for a top 2mile hurdler – speed , fluency, and heart. This horse reminded me of Brave Inca, never giving up and determined to pass the post in front. One of the performances of the week across all leagues.

10) SANDRA BULLOCK (D Hooley) – 6yo mare who didn’t run in week 1. Reason being she isn’t a maiden, she is the returning Champion 2mile hurdler from last season. The trainer is eager to get her back on track and seems confident she has retained all of her ability. For those of you who are new to the NHC, this mare beat the ‘Festival Banker’ Romulus Augustus in the Champion Hurdle last season. No-one, except perhaps Mr Hooley, thought it was possible he would get beat after winning race after race throughout the season before going to the festival unbeaten and the highest rated horse in the league. This mare had written a script of her own though, and turning into the home straight she looked the winner. The favourite tried his best but this horse was just too good. I strongly suspect that this horse will be incredibly difficult to beat. Eagerly awaiting her return.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:28 pm
Group 1 winner

I respect your judgement mate.

Now I know who to put my millions on!!!! :lol:

Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:21 am
Group 3 winner

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:28 pm
Group 1 winner

cant wait to see Sandra mate - would love Chinese Whisper to run her close but problem is the ground and the distance is too short .

im going to be stuck at cheltenham festival - best horses are 2m2f chaser, 2m3f hurdler, 2m4f hurdler, 2m6f hurdler - limited options for these, will all have to tackle unideal trips

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:30 pm
Group 3 winner

Yes me too trails have been going well and ground will be in her favor so im just hopeing there is some pace in the race

I wouldnt say Chinese Whisper isnt without a chance she could maybe run on at the end when all getting tired on the heavy ground ,will be great taking on Sea Nymph too looked impressive last week looked like it was too keen at the start but still manged to battle on well at the end to win three unbeaten horses taking eachother on will be a great race

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:56 pm
Group 3 winner

Bumping this now my horse Go Bogy finally won a race. Wanted to follow it but got a bit distracted. Know Sandra was worth following. Thumbs up!

I probably missed the post on horse of the season, so noob of me, but wherever it is I vote Sandra, brilliant is all I have to say. And I want one!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]