View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 UK WEEK 4 CHESTER STAKES HANDICAP 
Group 1 winner

Post UK WEEK 4 CHESTER STAKES HANDICAP
Before i state my case here i would like to emphasise that any trainers who horse i comment on , i do not wish to cause any offence!!

My horse Short Skirt has been scratched - she has had 2 runs over 1m7f and 1m6f (not really many options in first 2 weeks for her!!)

So two runs have been very close to this races distance of 1m5f, and it is supposed to be more lenient for longer distances.

Other runners in the race:

Les Rapide - Yes has had three runs, but 2 of them were over 2miles and 2mile 1. I could of ran short skirt over 2mile1f to get her a mark but she would of walked this race!!she would of come stone last everytime over this extreme distance, would then of walked into this race and won hands and heels off a ridiculously low mark!!

My Lords Varnish - Ran in the same two races as my filly - to get the mark from a third run this horse ran over 2m2f!!!!!!!!!!!and predictably finished where??!!yeh you guessed it, stone last!!i could easily of put short skirt in this race to give her three races, and i think im justified in not putting her in a race of this distance just to get her the three runs. my horse is just as eligible for this race as My Lords Varnish!!

Pink Lips - 1 run over 1m4f, fair enough. The other two runs to get the three required are over 1mile and 2miles!!my horse is as eligible as this one, no question whatsoever!!

Im sorry, i dont want to cause argument or argue with anyone but my horse has been scratched unfairly. sorry i have to speak out and say it!!

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:10 pm
Group 3 winner

well what can i say except im sorry ur horse was scratched Ryan

but its hardly my fault or the horses

the rules are 3 runs for h'cap which my horse has had..

but i have to race somewhere not as if

its gonna set the world alight is it???

all mine are camels its seems....

and if i could get rid of the lot i would as in the US

i now have no horses in the US

rules are rules sometimes we like 'em sometimes we don't

just have to grin n bear im afraid i think we will all fall foul

of this rule sometime or an another this season

LR

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:25 pm
Group 1 winner

No paul im not criticising you or any other trainer for placing your horse in races!!! please nobody take offence to my post!!

i am simply saying i didnt enter short skirt at 2miles + because i knew she would just come stone last and detached and that i think just becasue she didnt have that third run at a completley inappropriate distance doesnt mean she should of been scratched.

The biggest comparison i can draw is with my lords varnish - short skirt raced in the same 2 races weeks 1 and 2. that horse is eligible to enter just because it raced over 2m2f!!i just dont agree with the decision at all, and i think my filly stood a great chance in a week where i will be hard pressed to get a top 3 never mind a winner

Once again please note that i do not place any blame or ill regard towards any trainers, or rich!!I am just giving an opinion and stating my case for her.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Les Rapide - uploaded as a 1m6f-2m horse so 1m5f is perfectly reasonable as is it's run up to this race (actually did fairly well over 2m so I think it could struggle over 1m5f)

My Lords Varnish - again another one where the trainer isn't sure of it's preferred distance. Uploaded as 1m7f horse so deserves a crack at a shorter distance in a handicap. Would have liked it to run in the Further Flight if I'm honest, ironically it would probably be off a lower mark if it had done as well.

Pink Lips - doesn't look a very good horse, small stable, given a chance.

I was close to letting yours in if I'm honest, but the stable has a good 14f yardstick in Sea The Stars and I think the horse is too good for handicaps. Last season your horse would have been given a much higher rating instead and never been eligible for a handicap, at least this season, once it's got enough runs under its belt it is eligible.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Sea the Stars is my leger distance horse, and after this handicap which it will have too much weight in will be aimed for the St Leger!

Short Skirt is so closely matched with My Lords Varnish in the two races they ran in in weeks 1 and 2!! I wanted to use this handicap to judge whether to stick with her towards ebor or to replace her in retirements week.

Ws your call to make though mate, and i cant change it. i just disagree thats all, i think she deserved her place in the race

what did you mean when you said you think the horse is too good for handicaps?? do u mean short skirt??

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:21 pm
Group 1 winner

i cant run her in the anthony o'dea memorial or any week 5 handicap!! what should i do , run her in a 5f maiden??

i can see the ebor trial 0-80 handicap in week 6 - would she be scratched for this - 1m6f when shes only ran at 1m6f once??

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm
I dont understand that Ryan, another horse in the race has only had 2 runs and it gets in, but your horse dosent because the handicapper "thinks" its too good for a handicap lol

Not very realistic that the handicapper can make 1 rule for one horse and another rule for another on a "hunch"

JMO

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Every horse in that race has run three times?

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Can i run this horse in the 1m6f ebor trial in week 6 rich or will it be scratched??

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:46 pm
Alright sorry, i must have misread that, when he said my horse is just as eligible as that, i thought he was meaning it only had 2 runs...

my mistake, keep my mouth shut now lol

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:50 pm
whats the script with retirements rich? week 4

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Why not the ebor trial mate it is only rated 76

Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Could do (1m6f would be fine), would be quite high in the weights though. Couple of options for you.

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]