View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 US Week 5 races 
Group 1 winner

Post US Week 5 races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... aweek5.zip

At work at the moment, will address the maidens/handicap ratings when i'm home.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Finally some better runs, knew Mykeyta was good but not THAT good....Lot of hard luck stories in running but Tiny Dancer finally showed true colours, magic mistress and gingers have souls finding one too good.... Finally a decent week in the US

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:42 pm
Handicapper

finally my first winner. a very weak race but nice. another followed too.
looking forward to millennium mephisto on friday!

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:01 pm
Group 1 winner

You looking forward to the rematch with johnny!!! I'm getting worried after his last performance! Hoping he'll be back to form now with an extra furlong...will millennium be joining johnny in the gold cup??

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:51 pm
Handicapper

I finally have something to write about. With 5 new uploads for me this week I was expectng a nice showing.

Race #2 - Koyakut (1st) I wasn't sure about entering him on this race since it was 1f shorter than his preferred distance but I figure give it a try. He missed the break and I thought for sure he lost the race. But he came back and just edged out Machine Head.

Race #12 - Mastermind (6th) I'm not too happy with his run. I was expecting more from this horse. Very nice run from Vintage Crop just edging out Sarafina.

Race #14 - Unbreakable (2nd) This is one of my faster sprinter and I was expecting good things from him. Very bad position at the start and was pushed 6 wide on the turn. Just beaten by a nose by Reiteration

Race #17 - Crisis (3rd) Missed the break at start. Pretty much slow all the way. Just catching 3rd at the end. Although a miler, it might improve with another furlong which would make it 1m2f horse maybe.

Race #19 - Viral (1st) My fastest miler on dirt but runs soso on turf. Ran in this 7f race instead because there were no 1 mile race available for her. With 2f to go, she got stuck a few times behind some horses but luckily an opening popped up.

Race #20 - Goddess Temple (1st) Nice easy win for her but she didn't run againt any Scatter horse so will have to wait and see how she does later in the year.

I can't wait to see the UK races since I have another 3 runnng their first race.

Last edited by Thunderspark on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:53 pm
Group 3 winner

it was a bad race but yours could not have been more impressive

mine was 2nd my 1st placing in only my 3rd season of trying in 11 seasons

my rest were deplorable but Major Verity showed promise in the last race

will now drop it 2f and see how it goes next week

well done all winners & placers

Paul(LR)

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:07 pm
Group 2 winner

Matt

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Good training efforts by Kenny with 4 winners and Thunderspark, Craig Stares with 3. Steve I thought you won 2 races not 1, but well done!!
Also A Cripps, Kevcon, Nick Driver, R Coats & Green Park Racing all had winners and well done to them.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:43 pm
Group 1 winner

I don't know if anyone else has noticed yet but the Kentucky Derby winner Maldivian is having gender issues :oops:

It appears in the race builder as a filly and gets the fillies allowance but is listed on Scatters stable page in TOM as a colt.

Maldivian 3yo colt 1m2f Good

Well done to all winners. I'll do a write up of my lot a bit later.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:20 pm
Group 1 winner

1st league Group 1 win accomplished! - Succession 1m 1f kentucky oaks

Thought she had blown it but got up on the line, well chuffed with this win!

Had 5 other runners 2 giving good accounts of themselves - Manetheren,dragonmount.

The other 3 finishing down in the field.

Well done to all other winners, very competitive nice to see the season going so well long may it continue.

To all working behind the scenes running the races etc a BIG THANK YOU!

Congrats to trainers getting there first wins.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:11 pm
Handicapper

yeah 2 winners, mamounia is rated in the 90s now so thats the end of him.
nick millennium goes for gold cup. really looking forward to the rematch.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:49 pm
Group 1 winner

I don't know if anyone else has noticed yet but the Kentucky Derby winner Maldivian is having gender issues :oops:

It appears in the race builder as a filly and gets the fillies allowance but is listed on Scatters stable page in TOM as a colt.

Maldivian 3yo colt 1m2f Good

Well done to all winners. I'll do a write up of my lot a bit later.

Well spotted Kevcon, I didn't notice that. Maldivian is indeed a filly and I must have incorrectly loaded it as a colt.

Rich can you change the description from colt to filly?

My apologies for the confusion.

John

Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:30 am
Group 1 winner

Well my second 2yo winner in the US, Fabulous All Star and of the others Darling Isla in the Kentucky Turf ran well into 2nd place and will get a win somewhere.... will look for the non Scatters races LOL....... and Four Feathers of Monaco, would of won his maiden had he not just got in trouble.... Happy with a winner a week :-)

Of course.. well done to all trainers... wins or not.....

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:13 am
Group 1 winner

Race 1 - North Wind (4th) Really happy with this run as I didn't think she was up to this level. I'm still not convinced 1mf4 is her best trip and she may be better over an extra furlong so a transfer to the UKRA is being considered for later in the season.

Race 5 - Flying Spirit (3rd) He had been working very badly at Churchill Downs and I was very close to withdrawing him and running Free Spirit instead. In the end he ran a blinder and was beaten by 2 very good horses. The winner looks a class apart.

Race 6 - Davy Lad (6th) He's not really up to this class and I expected him to get thumped. To be beaten less than 2l is a very respectable effort from him. Hopefully he can pick up another race when dropped in grade.

Race 12 - Vimy Ridge (3rd) The first of my newcomers to see the track this week and he didn't disappoint. He raced wide the whole way and got to the front too early before weakening in the closing stages. With a better draw and a more patient ride from the jockey, I have no doubt he can win a race or 2 before the season ends.

Race 13 - Chinaman (1st) I'm chuffed to bits with this as I thought he would struggle to make the frame here nevermind win.

Race 14 - Bulletproof (4th)
Another pleasing run from a debutant. He ran well for a long way from a wide draw and was only run out of it close home.

Race 15 - Tap On Wood (10th) A disappointing debut from this one who ran like he needs an extra furlong. He doesn't stay 1m at home though, so he might just not be up to league standard. I'll know more after his next run.

Race 17 - Home Front (6th) Had every chance and wasn't beaten far but she just isn't good enough.

Race 19 - Dads Army (5th)
He may have been a little closer if he'd not been blocked when making his challenge but would not have troubled the first 3.

Race 20 - Free Spirit (2nd) Broke well and then dropped right out by the jockey. He was never going to win from that far back and did well to finish 2nd. He definitely has a big race in him provided the jockey doesn't muck it up like today.

Congrats to hacket on your first g1 winner and well done all other winners & placers.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:10 am
Group 1 winner

I was happy with my week 5 usra results - i wasnt expecting a win as the schedule was tough my horses this week, was very hard to place them.

Francine ran a cracker in the Kentucy Turf, as did Pidgy Toss and Rckin Robin in the Oaks and Derby races finishing 3rd and 4th respectively.

Kangaroos Skip was my main hope for a winner making her debut and she ran well finishing 3rd. I expect her to pick up a race somewhere along the lines. Illegal Immegration also ran a good race to finish 5th considering the weight he was carrying!!

Also would like to echo the statements of others to congratulate adam on his first group 1 winner - Succession is a very nice horse and it was evident from her previous races that she was group 1 quality. well done mate

Also Thunderspark is a trainer who i am starting to notice in the races, your horses are looking good mate and youre making exceptional progress - future trainer championship winner in the making

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next