View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Rich 
Group 1 winner

I stand by everything I said. I've been trying to read and keep an eye on all the posts but after reading the part I highlighted I snapped and had to post something.

Remember Rich is also a moderator and he hasn't exactly got a squeaky clean record either has he?? Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I've had my say. If you don't agree then that's fine. But I really think that Rich has missed a major opportunity in keeping the league as it is. Colm's league was good and Colm was a great president but despite what happened, it probably always would have had a finite life because I think it was so limited in the races and the variety it offered to people.

Quote:
supercats post was nearly all negative comments about the way rich has set up and is running HIS league!!!!!

It is most definitely not HIS league it is everyone's league and everyone should be able to have an input (as is the nature of the game) as to what they would like in it. If their ideas aren't used then it would be good to have a clearly stated, non-biased reason why the ideas wouldn't work. Without stating that anybody is sad because they would like to have a lower grade path to send their horses along rather than enter the group races straight away.

I do hope the league works and that everyone enjoys it. But I do think if changes aren't made to create a more open, level league then it may go the way of the previous one. Good luck.

Oh and good luck N/A I hope she turns out to be better after her first run, you seemed so gutted that she hadn't won. Even you said you were surprised by it.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:37 pm
I was gutted supercat, she beats To The Rescue 4 lengths in the CK and he was second in a group 1 in the league so I thought she would have been in the first 3 at least but she showed plenty of toe and she loves epsom so after thinking about it, i still think she can run a big one next week.

But I now wont be expecting much from any of my runners because you just end up dissappointed on a friday.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:44 pm
Group 3 winner

you maybe unknowingly suggested rich had shot himself and his leagu in the foot, to be fair not a lot of moderating goes on in this forum so no moderator can really speak badly of another, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Can't we just play the game as it is now and start discussing changes towards the end of the current season?
Giving ultimatums is just plain immature and is again trying to create a feeling that rich is unwilling to listen to ideas.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Ultimatums suggest there is some sort of threat if demands are not met?

Are you confusing it with offers?

I have made no threat whatsoever.

Are you not speaking ill of another by suggesting they are immature?

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:37 pm
Group 3 winner

I am not a moderator nor am i into arguing about something that is just a game to me, my opinion is that by the post you have put up of a final offer for helping out next season and demanding a definate yes or no answer now(6 weeks into a season) when your talking about next season, is bound to bring up the old "who's camp are you in debate", You come across as an intelligent fella so i presume you know by doing this you are trying to manipulate the situation to ultimatly finish with a POLL.

So by demanding an anwer of yes or no now, it is indirectly an ultimatum, either say yes NOW or i wont offer my help again.

I personally think you should be involved in the schedules and stuff as you obviously know what your talking about but lets get into the back end of this season first
[/b]

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:36 pm
Group 1 winner

The current season is due to end just before March, therefore if Rich wanted me to do a new schedule I would have to start it now as it would run in line with real racing. Similarly if people wanted me to do the website ready for March I would like to start it now.
Businesses continually plan ahead and make changes that will affect next year.
I don't want to be in a position where Rich turns around in February and says yes okay do the schedule and website, because it wouldn't happen.
All I am asking for is time to prepare, once given the go ahead I can then let others have a look and see what they want changing etc.
If Rich wants to do things his way, then that is his right as President.
Its a simple decision, either way I am happy, and Rich will have this monkey off his back.

Steve

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:45 pm
Group 3 winner

I understand your comments on forward planning as i run my own business, but when running a business you also have to try to avoid entering into situations that will affect everyday operations.
You could sned him an email to his private email that he gladly put on the forum for everyone.

Nice to actually get a reply off someone without there been any malice intended. :D

I'll leave it for you and rich to sort out, as should everyone else.

Maybe i was a bit harsh on supercat, for that i appologise. :D

Scott

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Don't worry Scotty. Even as a moderator I think I have a right to have a one sided opinion once in a while. Admittedly it doesn't happen often because I'm not too involved with the league, but as I said the comment really got to me, it smacks of the SO2/3 forums and they weren't always very nice places to be.

Good luck. I can see how Steve's post could be seen as an ultimatum, but I saw it as this is the latest date that Steve needed to be aware that he was going to have to make a schedule by. If that makes sense. But, reading it again I can see how it could easily be misunderstood.

This league needs to be ever evolving with new blood and new ideas, even though I'm not involved I would be genuinely gutted if it went the way of the last one and that comment really smacked of the past forums. As I've said good luck in the league and I hope everyone continues to be open minded.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:04 pm
Group 1 winner

The new league won't be starting in March, there is always a period of time in between where new ideas are mooted and decided upon. The league is not designed to run alongside real life and everyone involved needs to take a break.

Quote:
Without stating that anybody is sad because they would like to have a lower grade path to send their horses along rather than enter the group races straight away.

As I have explained, this isn't what I said. Did you read my previous post?

I'm also confused about these "previous" forums in SO2 and SO3 not being very nice to be around, this isn't my recollection at all. I would also like clarification and perhaps proof of how my comment compares to these previous forums. Otherwise, as you know, it's known as slander.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:52 pm
Group 1 winner

The league is fun and id love to pick up a handicap even now ive won my first group race. I agree with rich though that a handicap isnt my aim, my aim is a big g1 like the derby or arc etc. But a handicap win still gives me a buzz, so leave off him for that comment as it has been misinterpreted.

Yes it can be improved, and it will be even better next season. However there will be some flawas next season which will then be improved on for the season after that. Thats the way things work - technology is one example !!

So everyone should enjoy this league for what it is and look forward to the next one for that one will be

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3