View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rich - Two Questions 
Group 1 winner

Post Rich - Two Questions
Rich,

1. Do you want me to do a new UK Flat schedule and be the UK Flat Handicapper for next season.
2. I would like to have a democratic poll to the above question (if your answer is no) is that okay?

Steve

PS: If the answer is negative to the above questions, I will forget all about it.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 am
Group 1 winner

Let's wait and see how this season pans out. There are still 3 months remaining.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:48 am
Group 1 winner

I'll take that as a no. Leave you to it mate.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:02 am
Would you objective if I put up a poll asking for peoples opinions on having a new Uk flat schedule and handicapper - as per Steve's request for a democratic opinion?
Would the poll be removed if it was introduced?

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:21 am
Group 3 winner

Can we not just get through 1 season without the need for democratic polls and arguing.
The league is running okay, let's enjoy this season and towards the end get eveyones ideas together on how we can improve upon this season.
You can say it will not cause arguments, but just by having an aviator of "I can no longer support this president, epw for president" is in itself trying to provoke a reaction!!
Steve has great ideas and knows his stuff, rich has done a great job in getting the league up and running again, a select few have come accross as looking to create problems from the begining.
Why??
Play the game, enjoy, finish the season and look to improve for next season.
:D

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:12 pm

16 Group races
4 Handicaps
3 Maidens
1 President In A Pear Tree

The league is elitist fact.

Its a joke.

Last edited by Rivers on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:00 pm
Group 2 winner

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:11 pm

Week 6 13 Listed or Group Races

Week 8 11 Listed or Group Races

Week 9 14 Listed or Group Races

Joke

Last edited by Rivers on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:19 pm
Group 3 winner

becoming a little tedius now.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:19 pm
a nuisance, who sent? You sent for steve?

Now this looks like a job for steve
so everybody, just follow steve
cause we need a little, controversy
cause it feels so empty without steve
I said this looks like a job for steve
So everybody, just follow steve
Cause we need a little, controversy
Cause it feels so empty, without steve

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:48 pm
Group 3 winner

There's only a certain amount of races we can have put on for us. You have to remember Rich and Dave aren't getting paid for this, they have lifes and jobs away from this - at the moment it is just continuous moaning.

People upload the best horses they spent a long time developing, therefore you shouldn't really expect low-level races to be put on for them. I can somewhat agree with the lack of maiden, but what would you suggest... get rid of all the group races and put them as maidens till we have 3 runner maidens with horses who tail off in normal runnings of maidens?

You can't expect suitable race weekly for your horses, people speak about realism, you don't have races every Saturday that you could see the likes of Paco Boy running in or Frankel!

Everything at the moment from this forum towards rich is negative and defeatist of what he does to try and help the players!

Rant over.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:51 pm
Dont hink so m8, plenty of ppl, myself includede think rich is doing a great job and appreciate the time he puts in, to make the league happen and to answer every little question from anyone involved in the league.

So not everyone is beign negative, infact id say its a small minority

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:59 pm
Group 3 winner

Yeah, i'm not saying everyone in the league are critising. It's the small majority who are always hounding for their way, bring the league into a hell hole at the moment.

But it's them that are bringing the league down. If they don't like it, they know it's not going to change; so they can either upload horses that can compete within the schedule or go play by themselves

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Oh good, I'll get a hat.

Week 6 13 Listed or Group Races

Week 8 11 Listed or Group Races

Week 9 14 Listed or Group Races

Joke

The funniest thing is I had nothing to do with this schedule! :lol: However, I don't think it's particularly bad. The statistics don't lie.

The 2nd funniest thing is when you 'stopped' before Week 10 which has 15 maidens and handicaps.

New Approach is right, most people are incredibly supportive (they just can't be bothered to do it on the forums where it develops into petty arguments).

19 of the league's 28 winners have won a group or listed race (10 of those a G1). It's a proper elite club we've got going on there. Hell, we're running out of green jackets and cigars, and I just had to pour my own drink. It's an outrage!

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:11 pm
Group 3 winner

Oh for F***s sake! Let`s just play. Steve, you will never be happy so what`s the point.

Agree with Scotty on everything so far.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next