View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Races tonight 
Group 3 winner

Post Races tonight
Are they still being released tonight? Or been abandoned due to weather :P

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Have you guys got bad weather then ? :D :D :wink:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Almost abandoned due to the weather, been a bit crazy!

http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... aweek6.zip

Couple of TOM errors need sorting, races above are good though.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:39 pm
Group 3 winner

Have you guys got bad weather then ? :D :D :wink:

foot and half in donny, foot in lincoln and can only drive in day.. turns into an ice rink at night! Good fun though!

Oh.. And cheers Rich!

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:55 pm
Group 3 winner

I now know just how good Istebraq and my other milers are!!
Think my jockeys were all laying mine on betfair, they did everything they could to get mine beat!!!

Race 15 Beautiful Devil 4th: Better over 1m2f now i'm thinking, Jockey ran him into a wall just as he got his run going, would have been a lot closer with a clear run.

Race 16 Salsa Beat 1st: Didnt think he would have the pace to win over 7f, Got loads of trouble in running and winning margin would have been much bigger with a clear run, will definately win a big prize over a mile, this run proves what we thought, our milers are STRONG this year.

Race 17 Moon Girl 2nd: The jockeys had a mare!!!
She would have sprinted away from this field if the jockey hadn't got her trapped in on the rail!!!

Well done all winners and placers, bring on next week!!! :D

Last edited by scotty64 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:18 pm
Group 3 winner

Dunno why I get excited for US races, don't think i've ever had closer than a 3rd...

Might just bomb the stable

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:24 pm
Group 2 winner

Well done winners and placers :D

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:28 pm
Selling plater

Well done to all the winners and place getters this week.

Week 6 run down: (probs my best week in the league)

Danger Moon (1st) - What an awesome race the Preakness was, that must have been run at pretty decent pace. He just out battled Scatters filly Juanita Future who ran a stormer after being taken on for the lead. Very pleased though.

Vintage Crop 1st/7 - Better over a mile than 7f but got some weight of the top rated horses so though she had a good chance.

Rumble In The Jungle 4th/14 - She ran an amazing race, drawn 13 of 14 and just failed to hang on for a place. Shows she is one of the better milers about.

International 3rd/11- Very pleased with effort another one drawn in the car park and battled on well for 3rd

This Is England 3rd/12 - Needs atleast a mile and was last at the half way stage. Pleasing effort but just lacked a gear at the finish

Earthquake 3rd/7 - Another who ran a fair race, needs 1m3f on dirt. So 1m1f on grass was always going to make it hard for her to win

Big Steak 7/12 - Got very worked up before race and plugged on, in a blanket finish. Plenty more to come from this one who often beats my Preakness winner on the gallops

Back to the drawing board for woodworm, voodoo moon rock and flame of love who werent at the races

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Mine were awful...Osler Bluff is class in the CK and look at him? Wouldn't win a race against donkeys at Blackpool

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:47 pm
Group 2 winner

Funny enough thats where I got my horses from Rich, Blackpool :oops:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:00 pm
Handicapper

Congrats to all winners and placers this week.

Race #2 – Viral (1st) – Very tough group. I was especially worried about Rumble in the Jungle. Very surprised that she won by 2L. The inside position at the start really helped a lot.

Race #8 – Mastermind (10th) – Whats there to say. The damn jockey made him a pacesetter. Took the lead and just died and finished last. Very exciting race though between Juanita Future and Danger Moon. Best race of the week so far.

Race #9 – Koyakut (2nd) – Missed the break again just like last week but this time he just didn’t have enough to catch Machine Head and lost by a head. This is the 3rd time these 2 have battled and I’m really enjoying the rivalry.

Race #10 – Unbreakable (2nd) – Happy with the run although the 12th PP didn’t help. He started to come back late but I don’t think he would have caught Speed Special

Race #12 – Afterlife (1st) – Very happy with her first run. I expect to see her in bigger races.

Race #15 – Goddess Temple (1st) – She won I guess. Although the run seemed sloppily done. She was all over the place. Early on she was in lead pack then dropped back to last place. When she made her move there as a lot of traffic and was zigzagging all over the place, got stuck, then went 6 wide and I thought she lost it when I saw Blue Thunder charging on the inside.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done to all the winners and placers, Thunderspark with 3 and Mr Stares with 2 making a name for themselves. Good to see.

R1 St Sparkle 5th – Not a bad effort considering it missed the break and was equal top weight with 61kg giving most of these 5kg. Well done to the winner Vintage Crop who looks a handy type. Queen Victoria 2nd was very unlucky being blocked for a run twice and carrying 61kg.

R2 Cardinal 9th – Poor run here but did carry 60kg, 4 kg more than the winner but the winner Viral looks class as she easily disposed of her rivals here. It will be interesting meeting her on level weights.

R3 Danleigh 1st – Has now won 5 from 5 what more can I say.

R4 St Daarat 2nd – Courageous effort from my bloke being beaten by the light weight Misty Moonshine. Good effort by the winner.

R6 Gaze Of The Eagle 1st – Happy with the win here but a part of me wanted Sarafina to win as she is a honest filly being unplaced all her 6 starts with 3,2,2,3,2,2. I really hope she wins soon.

R8 Juanita Future 2nd – What an exciting race!! Courageous run from my filly but Danger Moon deserves all the credit for winning. This is one tough horse to beat. It will give me headaches all season long. It has now beaten Gaze of the Eagle, Maldivian and now Juanita Future all G1 winners over 1800 & 2000m. It’s a very, very good horse. If it keeps this up it could be US horse of the year!!

R9 Machine Head 1st – Just hung on to win here from its ach rival Koyakut who beat my horse its 2 previous starts. Was able to turn the tables here but Koyakut will be very hard to beat next race. Nice run from Miss Stone too.

R10 Speed Special 1st – Very good 6f horse and won well here.

R14 Crown Jewel 1st – Very happy with its win here up against some strong opposition. Had an easy run throughout racing near the rails which helped its chances and getting the track record. I thought Ryan’s horse One More Hit was a little unlucky. Won’t be easy winning in the future.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:39 pm
Group 1 winner

After picking up some good places and a couple of winners over the past weeks, this week was just dire.... blocked,wide,hampered I could go on, but nobody likes hard luck stories LOL

But.

Darling Isla in race 4, 5/11 carrying a stone more then the winner and 9lbs more then the second placed horse finished less then a 1.1/4 lengths behind was'nt disgraced with that... she could be one to go to the UK when the transfers are up.

The rest well, Adore Alzira in the 16th up against the well touted Moon Girl just didnt like Pimlico...she was the 100/30 fav for a reason watch out.

Roll on the Oaks & Derby

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]