View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 US Week 7 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post US Week 7 Races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... aweek7.zip

Some great performances this week.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:12 pm
Group 3 winner

Jesus, think i must have had a stable virus this week..... :(

Champion Filly is 4-5 seconds quicker than that, just no one would take up the early running so she didnt get the strong end-end gallop she needs.

The Jockey on salsa beat has had a shocker, trapped on the rail for all the race except in the last 1 and half furlong, would have defo placed.

Heroes landing was unlucky, Joes just got first run on him, if jockey had commited earlier we would have got up.

Nightwatch pulled up injured after the jockey had taken it into the middle of the track round the bend...... :shock:

All rest were bobbins, ROLL on friday. :D

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:34 pm
Heroes Landing would have got up LMFAO No excuses, Min Raise done him for toe 4 out and stayed on the best, best horse won the race!

Wasnt that supposed to be a mile race? Was run over 1m1. The way Min Raise went past Heroes Landing with his tactical pace, hell have no trouble confirming the form at a mile!

Well done to all the winners

Rich, one of my horses, Buttons, ran first time in a Grade 1, think she was supposed to be scratched because i had another horse scratched from a Grade 1.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:55 pm
Group 1 winner

much better performance from ONE DAY to finish 4th, ALICIYAS PEARL and COLTISH both run respectable races in G1's. Race wasn't run right for MYKEYTA, ATACAMA DESERT got a win in the 0-80, quite pleased because he's not great but tries hard...Rest are disappointing as usual! My good 2yo's have gone to Ascot so hoping they can bring some good prizes back to the US stable which is in desperate need of a boost!

Tip for tomorrow though, Little Milan WILL win the Lexus......

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Well picked up the winner in the strange 7F race that featured both Myketa & Champion Filly, Tho the winner Cupcaked is no mug at home (first time out dont know what happened coming last of 14). Thats all three 2yo's in my US stable with a win :-)

Of the rest, Darling Isla 4/17, run a little too wide, otherwise a place would of been had, and another 4yo, Siege 5/14 looked like the weight caught up with him as finished fastest. Also a mention for Adore Alzira 4/15 was a good effort being drawn widest, she will win a race soon.

My other two winning 2yo's from the US, Fabulous All Star & Feathers Filly, both represent the US over at Ascot. The stables are hopeful of some prize money with both.

Well done all winners & placers

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:22 pm
Handicapper

Race #1 – Crisis (1st) – Happy with the result. Was given a lighter weight than the other and with that wins by 2L. Will run in 1m2f eventually if there is a race for him.

Race #3 – Afterlife (7th) – I should have known better than to put her in turf on good track. She prefers fast track dirt and this was turf on a rainy day. Bad mistake. I should have put Crisis on this race and switched these 2 around. Great run from Big Steak which I thought beat Capacity

Race #4 – Viral (2nd) – I’m happy with the result. On my trials she always get caught at the end if placed in 1m1f. Will go back to 1m races. Great run from winner Cardinal and Rock of Gibraltar which almost caught her too.

Race #9 – Goddess Temple (2nd) – The Manhattan this week had a great field. She likes the dirt like the rest of my stable but she is also quick on turf on firmer ground. She was pushed 6 wide on the turn and still made a good effort. And just missed the win beaten by a head by Maldivian. She wants a rematch.

Race #10 – Unbreakable (2nd) – Another one of my horse beaten by one of Scatter’s horse. Another great field for sprinters. One thing I noticed with Speed Special is her big burst of speed which the other horses can’t match. My horse made a good effort tho closing in on her.

Race #13 – Fools Gold (last) – Injured. I’m expecting good things from this horse. Faster than both Viral and Goddess Temple. Not a good start.

Race #14 – Mastermind (1st) – Lucky to get the win. Given such a huge weight advantage but a wins a win.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Best chance went to Succession who is no doubt the best horse i have in the stable, shes running solid every race in the top class races and ended in a blanket finish with 5 other horses, finishing 4TH (RACE 4) very good finish all in with a shout at the 1f marker, not even a second seperating the top 6 in the end, great race to watch.

Manetheren 3/12

Unlucky, raced 5 wide the whole circuit round Churchill Downs before coming inside to release a great run, getting hampered slightly at the 2f pole, close in the finish another great race to watch (RACE 5)

Other runners finishing.........

Lanfear 6/11
Rhyagelle 8/9
Dragonmount 11/17
Starlight 7/14
So Jhin 8/9

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:24 pm
Group 2 winner

A couple of 2nds for me Sunshine Blue(race 5) and Roni (race 17)

Matt

Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:53 pm
Group 3 winner

Got my 1st winner of the season (R17) Alyssum...not bad considering

i only decided to join in week 4

Well done all winners & placers(especially Joe)

Paul(LR)

will forever be corrupted to the core

hence its recent decision in Arabia

Backhanders Galore

Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:29 pm
Cheers Laurel, well done with your winner m8, hope you had a bet on it.

Ive had some good places but Min Raise is only my 3rd winner of the season although this is my first week in the US of A. Fancied him strongly and enjoyed the win. See how he does in Group 1 company next week.

Praying for a winner at Royal Ascot, got some good horses there but really hard races.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:10 pm
Group 1 winner

No winners this week but some decent performances from North Wind (5th in race 5) Flying Spirit (3rd in the Belmont) Davy Lad (4th in race 10) and Tap On Wood (2nd in race 16).

The trip was too short for Bulletproof (9th in race 6) and too far for Chinaman (9th in race 14) and Vimy Ridge (5th in race 15). Dad's Army (9th in race 11) was drawn & raced wide and was never at the races. Home Front (6th in race 1) just isn't good enough and Free Spirit (last in race 12) stopped like he'd been shot.

Not sure what to make of the 7f juvenile race. I'd guess it was a fairly weak contest as Tap On Wood (2nd) is very ordinary on dirt.

Races 14 & 15 were supposed to be 1m but were run over 9f. Why?

Well done all winners and placers.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:28 pm
Group 1 winner

R2 Juanita Future Last – missed the break and lost all hope of winning. Well done to the winner Jahafil who was blocked at an important stage of the race but just bobbed its head in front close to the line in a thrilling finish with five horses across the line.

R3 Capacity 1st – really pleased with the effort of my top weight carrying 61.5kg managing to just win. The inside draw definitely helped it win. Big Steak 2nd was very unlucky getting blocked and lost some ground but then managed to pick mine up very well to just go down on the post. Should have won the race on that performance and will win for sure!!

R4 Cardinal 1st – fantastic effort by Cardinal to just edge home 4 other horses right on the line considering mine was held up and lost ground but came back again to win it. Exciting race to watch.

R5 Danendri 9th – found some of these too good but was pleased overall. Fantastic performance by the winner Ninth End who will be very hard to beat. Sunshine Blue 2nd ran a cracking race and looked the winner till the end. I noticed it raced over 2200m last start and weakened. That seems strange because it was a fantastic effort today and if it was 2200m instead of 2400m today would have won for sure. Would love to battle against the runners of this race again.

R8 Classy Princess 1st – Very confident in winning this race and she didn’t disappoint. Key once again was to go early and since she was given and easy time out in front it was going to be very hard for the back markers to catch her. Francine and Flying Spirit were very game in defeat.

R9 Maldivian 1st – great win here since it was drawn wide at the start with the turn looming up quickly but just managed to stave off Goddess Temple who ran wide and still managed to stick on. Goddess Temple raced 9 & 10 wide at the last turn and nearly won. On that performance Maldivian will have a lot of trouble holding of this runner next time they meet. Don’t know what happened to Danger Moon?

R10 Speed Special 1st – very speedy horse and was fortunate with the draw, making it no worse than 4 deep at the turn. Has a very good turn of foot and is my best sprinter in the US. Unbreakable was very game in defeat.

R11 St Sparkle 1st – my best 1400m horse in the US by far and everything went right for her today. Got the rails run on the turn and managed to snatch a small break on them and held on from the fast finishing Flintoff who was held up and last on the turn. Good effort by Flintoff.

R12 St Daarat 1st – Managed to stay near the rails throughout saving ground and once it hit the front 350m out in this 2200m event it was going to be hard to beat because it can stay the 2400m trip. Rockin Robin 2nd was unlucky as it had an interrupted passage down the straight.

R13 Gaze Of The Eagle 1st – Top effort from my bloke being top weight and with 61kg and managing to hold on to win. The draw was huge again

R14 Speed Rush 3rd – Was a good performance in an unsuitable race. Well done to Mastermind for the victory and Vintage Crop being courageous in defeat giving the winner 8kg advantage.

I echo Kevcon, well done to all the winners and placers.

Last edited by Scatters on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:35 pm
Selling plater

Well done to all the winners and place getters this week

My stable had a shocking week,

Danger Moon just didnt handle the turf and could only finish 5th

Big Steak thought he got up on the line but didnt get there (decent run behind scatters horse though)

Vintage Crop came 2nd giving away 1stone and 2 pounds to the winner!!! and i thought it was a 1mile race???

Voodoo Moon Rock and Rumble in the jungle ran ok races

Flintoff very pleased with her effort was last with 2 furlongs to go and beat everything apart from another Scatters Horse (grrrr :lol: )

The rest had a shocker

Last edited by Staresy104 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Races 14 & 15 were supposed to be 1m but were run over 9f. Why?

Yes and race 4!! What happened Rich??

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:37 pm
Group 3 winner

Not sure what to make of the 7f juvenile race. I'd guess it was a fairly weak contest as Tap On Wood (2nd) is very ordinary on dirt.
quote]

I really cant understand this race, 9 times out of 10 champion filly will clock sub 1m 26s times round churchill over 7f, on her own, in a small field or a large field..................Just cant explain it!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next