View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 UK Week 10 races 
Group 1 winner

Post UK Week 10 races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... week10.zip

Some great races this week and awesome comms as usual.

I'd like some thoughts on what people think of the handicaps, especially where horses have had only one run. We've got an instance of one of the horses winning a handicap (perhaps, with two runs it would have started off a higher mark?) but also instances where the horse with one run has not done very well. Let me know what you think.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:59 pm
Group 3 winner

I'll take that any day! Two of the feature handicaps :D

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:33 pm
Group 2 winner

I had my first 2 winners in UKRA league.
Both in 4 runner races (my horses level, lol)
Lucky Seven - race 12
Indigo Indian - race 22

Matt

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:10 pm
Group 2 winner

congrats 17days.

Cheers mate :D

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:12 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: UK Week 10 races
anubisrich wrote:
I'd like some thoughts on what people think of the handicaps, especially where horses have had only one run. We've got an instance of one of the horses winning a handicap (perhaps, with two runs it would have started off a higher mark?) but also instances where the horse with one run has not done very well. Let me know what you think.

I think the horse in question is my horse Knossos. I really didn’t expect to see him run in this race. My plan was to eventually run him against Scatters’ Speedito and he was entered in the 1m Maiden in Race #2. But I found a faster horse and wanted to enter that horse instead in the maiden mile so I had no race for him. There was a 7f Grade 2 in Race #14 but I had another horse entered in that one as well which I thought was better at 7f.

So anyways to make this short. I didn’t expect him to be entered in the handicap.

As to my opinion, I think the 2 race run is good for handicap races as long as we get more maidens races to run them in. I think we should remove 1-2 Group races per week and convert them to 1 maiden and 1 handicap. Less Group races makes they are more important in my opinion.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:16 pm
Group 1 winner

It's no problem, next week he would have been withdrawn but I was interested to see whether the 2/3 run had much of an impact. I'm still undecided :lol:

Well done 17days!

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:40 pm
Group 1 winner

typical that it was at the expense of my horse!

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Big winners this week from Thunderspark with 5 and Kenny with 4 well done to both. Also Liam had 2, Craig Stares, Davylad, Team Doza, S Richards, Hemz, & P Hogan all had 1 winner well done again. And well done to 17days!!!

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:16 pm
Group 3 winner

Istebraq would surely have taken
some stopping in the 1 mile maiden at ascot, didn't see daylight until under 1 furlong out and was finishing like a train. 3rd :cry:

bad filly, well what can I say, she only ever does enough, she thought she'd won then gets mugged on the line in the arc trial. 2nd :cry:

tactile pursuit raced alone out wide and lost out in a photo in the 7 furlong maiden.

Dark curse is a good yard stick for mismatch, he came 2nd to homestay of kennys in the 6f maiden at Redcar. 2nd
Dark curse is a good horse but mismatch and solwhit murder him on the gallops, made a massive boo boo sending solwhit to the usra as it seems he hates dirt!!!! :cry:

Hoping for better luck next week.

Well done all winners and placers especially matt(17 days) on his first and second winner in the ukra!!

:D :D

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:17 pm
Group 3 winner

Sorry... I think you got stuck behind my horse going backwards with Istebraq :oops: Was given an awful ride for you, I spotted it myself.

Certain winner in waiting for you though on the plus side! On the downside, the UK bookmaker thinks so too :wink:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:48 pm
Group 3 winner

Thats okay, only going to back 1 of my this week, just make sure you get the right 1!!! :D

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:27 am
Group 3 winner

especially Matt..well done m8

Paul(LR)

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:24 am
Handicapper

Post Re: UK Week 10 races
anubisrich wrote:

Golden Frog one of my horses was entered in a handicap with only one race, that was a mistake on my part. Having said that it did finish second over the same distance as the race it was entered in and as a result got quite a high rating which I believe is fair.
Horses that finish down the field or are run over a different trip have much more scope for improvement and could be on mark much lower than they should be.
There may be a case for horses that finished in the top five in their first race being allowed to run in a handicap of the same distance in their next race but other than that I don't think one run is enough.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:18 pm
Group 1 winner

A couple of good runs from Golden Fleece and Battle Horror who both finished 2nd. Breahless also ran much better in the Arc trial than in previous races. My newcomers All Gold and Precious will improve for firmer ground (some hope this season) and an extra furlong respectively.

The rest of 'em want bloody shooting.

Well done to all winners and placers.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]