View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Cheltenham ground 

Cheltenham ground, is Firm fair and realistic?
Poll ended at Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:48 pm
Yes - keep it firm 33%  33%  [ 10 ]
No - try again 67%  67%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 30

Cheltenham ground 
Group 1 winner

i know trainers cant force the clerk to water scotty, he does it anyway!!! if the heavens open up and the ground is soft theres nothing he can do , although he still tries to drain the water. when its firm he waters, end of story.

i agree with mikes words, i new it wudnt be changed , but its ridiculous to have firm at cheltenham.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:24 pm
Group 1 winner

The top trainers will always have the best chance no matter what, and the rest of us just keep our fingers crossed as normal. Yes I know firm isn’t realistic but this is just a game and everyone is getting worked up into a frenzy for nothing. This is my second season, okay second half season as we all know what happened last season, and I’m really fed up with the arguments, how does it look to other potential newcomers when all they see is arguments? Too many people keep throwing their toys out of the pram for nothing. The simple fact is people are trying to change it to suit them and are using the unrealistic argument as the ammo, it’s just a bloody game! If you want to change it then change it, but we’re setting a bad precedent for the future, and if you are going to change it then you may as well rip that page out of the rule book. And before people use the ‘oh flat trainers dictating this and that’ argument, I ‘m neither a flat or jumps trainer, I’m just a duff trainer trying to have a bit of fun that the moaners are ruining for me.

woah woah dicey mate - everyone i the league knows im not an argument starter. i am not throwing any toys out the pram, im not threatening to pull my horses, quit leagues etc. I wanted the ground to be changed to 'fit' with the nhc - we do comms previews and have schedules which mimic real racing so i want the festival to mimic the real one - is this such a bad thing??!!

my horses will enter, and some may win - my main priority is the nhc league itself, and i want to do everything i can to make it better. i think the nhc needs to become its own league and be improved upon dramatically - this is not a result of the cheltenham ground by the way, this is something which has been brought up already this season!!

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Right, argument over then...let's lock this up and look forward to this week!

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:39 pm
Group 2 winner

i new it wudnt be changed , but its ridiculous to have firm at cheltenham.

I'm sure Rich said in a earlier post it is now good to firm also TOM has it as good to firm now.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:45 pm
Group 1 winner

i know kenny, hardly much better and would be watered. never mind

yeah lets lock it up and get on with it, its not gunna change. the nhc however must change next season

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:06 pm
Selling plater

woah woah dicey mate - everyone i the league knows im not an argument starter. i am not throwing any toys out the pram, im not threatening to pull my horses, quit leagues etc. I wanted the ground to be changed to 'fit' with the nhc - we do comms previews and have schedules which mimic real racing so i want the festival to mimic the real one - is this such a bad thing??!!

my horses will enter, and some may win - my main priority is the nhc league itself, and i want to do everything i can to make it better. i think the nhc needs to become its own league and be improved upon dramatically - this is not a result of the cheltenham ground by the way, this is something which has been brought up already this season!!

No worries mate, I just want everyone to have fun, I didn't mean to sound off so much :D

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:09 pm
Group 1 winner

no worries mate, all i want is for people to have fun too mate!!!

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:23 pm
Group 3 winner

That's not only cheltenham though ryan, every clerk at every course aims for perfect ground, fact is it's a game and done totally at random, this is part of the game, the randomisation of the ground makes it more of a level playing field.
You say that hemz, hooley and yourself have put a lot of time and effort into your nhc stables and they might be put off coming back next season, that is making a mockery of everyone else who has entered who probably put just as much effort into trying to play the game to find good horses, but are maybe lacking in experience, almost like certain trainers deserve to get winners at Cheltenham because they are the best trainers!!!!
Does Paul nicholls deserve to win a big race at Cheltenham just because he's Paul nicholls????

Play the game, enter your horses, if they win, they win, if they don't, try again next week!! :D

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:51 pm
Group 1 winner

What has not happened is that the ground was good to firm at the start of the week and we'll be watering all week. If you want me to reveal the going after noms I can start doing this?

Think of it as this: rain was expected all week, it never came, it's now riding good to firm. Just like when Looks Like Trouble beat the great Florida Pearl and See More Business in 2000.

Firm should never have been an option and it has been changed. Good to firm is an option and will always be an option. If you want good to firm to be banned as an option then you are absolutely crazy! That would be seriously unrealistic.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:20 pm
Group 1 winner

i know exactly where ur coming from scotty btw , lets race and best of luck to everyone

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:21 pm
Group 1 winner

would it maybe realistic for festivals to have going generator a number of times or would that not work???

for example at cheltenham it could start softer and dry out, or start firmer and get rain

same for ascot, like on kings stand day it could ride GS and then be quicker by the time the jubilee comes along??

it sounds liek it could be more balanced throughout the season this way - if u think about this season, all firm ground horses had no chance at ascot and derby meets. but with this way trainers could get ground in their favour on oaks or derby day, different ascot days etc. so therefore some days at ascot will be better for some trainers and other days for others. more balance and maybe a bit more anticipation over the weather aspect of the game!!

just an enquiry/consideration about whether this would be possible or welcomed??

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:25 pm
Group 1 winner

I was thinking about that for the Cheltenham festival where the ground always quickens during the week, rain permitting. I was thinking that the Day 1 and 2 races could be Winter/Spring and Day 3 and 4 just Spring.

The potential issue is that we get Heavy ground on Day 1 and 2, Good to firm on Day 3 and 4 which is a bit weird...

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:32 pm
Group 1 winner

yeh i thought that may be the main issue. but could u not just use spring for each day of the festival:

fair enuf it may come up gf gf g gf but like u say for this season that is the chance!!!

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Yep ideally, but the way the weather calculates it is that all the Spring conditions for the week are the same, hence it having to be different.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next