View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 CHELTENHAM PREVIEWS 
Group 1 winner

I've seen the races so I can't possibly comment... :wink:

Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:06 pm
Group 1 winner

2m Hurdle, 3yo Only, 0-140 Handicap

14 line up for the only juvenile race at the festival and it looks like it could go anywhere. AMELDA & GO BOGY both look like consistent good types, but may get found out here and the same might occur with ENCHANTED AMBRY who will need further. GUNS OF NAVARONE is another who finds 2 miles on the sharp side and with the ground conditions is best watched here. KAWAGRIM is another that may get found out and is best watched again on form lines. OVERLORD for one of the flat's top trainers has a big chance here after already notching up 2 wins beating some of these in the process and is handicapped to go well here. PAINT ME PROUD is a very consistent type who is always there or there abouts, won on firm as well which is a plus here and is very closely matched with OVERLORD. PERRY SAID has had a good season, topped off by winning at kempton latest but on the weights with some of these could struggle. QUEEN OF BRISBANE as been a bit of a disappointment for a top trainer and REAL BEAUTY has been consistent but will need to improve markedly to win here. SAXOPHONE also can't be ruled out but probably needs a little bit further. SPINNEY'S QUEST is a grade 1 winner earlier in the season and has struggled to carry the penalty against some of these but the handicap mark has come down and is racing off a winable level. TURBO CHARGED is another with good claims after a good performance latest and some good performances over firmer ground but the course might not suit.

All in all thisrace could go down to a battle between OVERLORD & PAINT ME PROUD and one of the two scottish trained horses should take the trophy north of the border. On this occasion the pick is PAINT ME PROUD has a reverse in the weights and could just nick it. Expect SPINNEY'S QUEST, PERRY SAID and TURBO CHARGED to be fighting out places.

1: PAINT ME PROUD
2: OVERLORD
3: SPINNEY'S QUEST

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:03 am
Group 1 winner

2m5f Hurdles, 4yo+, Grade 1

Only 9 entered in this novice contest but some top class horses have shown up for it. BACK TO BLACK is a bit of an unknown quantity and is best watched after finishing down the field on maiden. CADABYR BAZYULAR has got to be one of the favourites, already a G1 winner when winning the Challow Hurdle, unbeaten over 2.5 as well but there are slight worries about the ground, nevertheless should be there at the finish. The other class act in the race is CUE CARD already a winner at the course and never finished out of the top 2 which makes this horse a worthy favourite won giving weight away to both CADABYR BAZYULAR & FLUSHING MEADOW so no reason why can't uphold that form on level weights. FLUSHING MEADOW was second that day but is a G1 winner and broken a few track records so has the form to be up there but can be a bit inconsistent. LEMON DROP KID has had a good year and won at ascot but seems to be very inconsistent and will have to work hard to turn the form around with some of these. MEMPHIS DEE is a consistent type who has ran well all season, best run came when 2nd over C&D earlier in the season and will stay out the trip well here, has very good place claims. MICKELHAHA is a flat import here for the run and NAJUMCA didn't make much of an impression until 2nd last time and may show a good run here. WONDERWALL is another flat import from last year, ran really well when second behind CUE CARD here earlier in the year, has every chance of making the placings.

CUE CARD is a worthy favourite here having put a few of these in their places earlier in the season and it is fully expected that one of the bankers of the festival is primed to go in CADABYR BAZYULAR, WONDERWALL & FLUSHING MEADOW will fight out the places

1: CUE CARD
2: WONDERWALL
3: CADABYR BAZYULAR

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:56 am
Group 1 winner

This is taking me ages! just went off when writing the RSA! might be tough for me to get 25 done by thursday evening, I would really appreciate some help if anyone wants to!! Let me know what races from the RSA onwards you want to do and I'll do the rest! Thanks

Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Nick mate these are great, dont feel you have to do them all mate what you done already is fantastic bud

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 pm
Group 3 winner

wish you could preview to every race ?

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:14 pm
Group 1 winner

I wish I could have done too, only have so much time and with each preview taking up 30mins- 1hour against work commitments and dissertation I just didn't have enough time within the week after the final decs....Good festival anyway!

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2