View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 The End is Neigh! 
Group 1 winner

Post The End is Neigh!
Excuse the pun guys, i apologise - been a long day at work and im knackered!

Anyway im just posting to let you know of my decision to quit the league at the end of the season. Basically as a few of you will know i have a lost a few of my games recently including a full transfer pool of potential base horses for a new game.

Ive also been working more hours recently to save up money for my wedding and to buy a house as well as doing my MSc at uni. Ive been thinking about this game therefore and i just cannot possibly put countless hours into trying to get a new stable for next season.

I will obviously continue my role as race secretary until the end of the season as well as providing you with the comms im given to do each week.

My decision to quit the league is in no way at all a reflection on how i think the league is ran - ive enjoyed this season a lot, its been good banter and a big surprise to do relativley well with my stable. I do hope however that next season the nhc schedule changes quite a bit and also implements a handicapper. I was on TOM today looking at handicap ratings and i could bore u all with a long list of silly ratings, which greatly effect the nhc as weight makes a massive difference. The nhc has the potential to be unbelievable and i hope it reaches its potential.

One other thing i would say is all u guys should look at the USRA and have a good think about it - the schedule is quite poor , especially in terms of race balance, and field sizes are not great .

Ive been told that its pretty hard to try and quit this game as the bug gets a hold of you so you never know - but for now , its see you for Starters Orders 5 - hopefully ill have time to return for that.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:36 am
Group 1 winner

Sad news Ryan as I too have increased work commitments and haven't played the game well before christmas. The difference in my case is I still have my saved games!!! I know what you mean by re starting again, it would be a huge chore. Prehaps if you only concentrated at milers or milers to 10f types etc ?? Just a thought. Hope all works well with your plans which are more important than a game. But a good game indeed :)

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:09 am
Group 2 winner

Sorry to hear that you are taking a break from the league but the real world does come before a game, the good news is that you'll be back for SO5.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:25 am
Group 2 winner

I dont think I've met a more enthusiastic person towards the league than you.

But there is a real world like Kenny says, its just that this one on here is a hell of a lot of fun :D

Matt

Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Shame to see you go Ryan and best wishes for your future, wedding, house, studies and life in general :-)

See you in SO5

Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:07 pm
Group 3 winner

Sorry to see you go ryan, admit it, you saw G I Jane romp home and your arse fell out to what my Nhc stable is going to be like next season!! :lol:

No Good luck mate, I know what your going through, I get married in August and Run my own business, have not played the game for about 2 months, luckily I have a folder with approx 1000 horses to trial, which hopefully will provide some competetive types for next season too.

Again good luck fella, hope to see ya back for SO5. :D

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry to see you go ryan, admit it, you saw G I Jane romp home and your arse fell out to what my Nhc stable is going to be like next season!! :lol:

Quality, this banter reminds me of the good old days

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:18 pm
Group 1 winner

:shock: Last thing i expected to read, Hope you come back soon Ryan, you will be missed!

Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:23 pm
Group 2 winner

:shock: Last thing i expected to read, Hope you come back soon Ryan, you will be missed!

Do you mean Scotty having a good NH horse or Ryan leaving?

Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:11 pm
Group 3 winner

really saddened to hear of this..as i know how much the league means to Ryan..especially the NHC side?

hopefully you can try again and come back with SO5..

no knows better than myself that RL comes first in everything

So when yer man finally shouts for me..you all know i will miss you all

GL Ryan in your new life you have my very best ..k

Paul(LR)

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Please reconsider Ry. I think i speak for everyone here, you have made this season a lot more enjoyable and fun with your comp's, comms, Chelt special and just been around the forum mate.

I understand personal life is first and for most. Honestly i hope you changed your mind and join us next season, the league will not be the same without you around thats fro sure. Your enthusiasm for the league is first class.

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:48 pm
Group 1 winner

what i need u all to understand is its not all of a sudden a change in my personal life - ive been engaged for over a year and had serious MSc work on also - its due to the fact that ive lost my games and instead of putting hour after hour into getting going again to try be competitive i shud try and put that time into other things!!! my amount of free time isnt actually lessening, its just im thinkin i am gunna have to use it to better effect.

i will be ever present around the league and this forum, i love it - i think its great

Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:17 am
Group 3 winner

The new boy, the scatters of the NHC has scared Hurricaine run to death!!!
come on admit it, G I Jane was just a taster, not even my best now......be afraid, be VERY afraid............ :twisted: :twisted:

Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]