View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 UK Races week 14 
Group 1 winner

Post UK Races week 14
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... week14.zip

Congrats to all the winners, will do a stable report for mine in a bit.

Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:50 pm
Group 1 winner

if i do can u add them????

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:39 pm
Group 1 winner

dont download yet - my comms are on the way lol!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:41 pm
Group 1 winner

RICH COMMS ARE SENT - PLEASE UPLOAD EM!!!

Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Whilst there are no comms available for the Prix du Cadran, I would advise you all to watch the race through and makes for stellar viewing.

Brings back memories of the old warrior himself did that, fantastic. :D

Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I had to do a double take when I saw the trainer name :lol:

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done winners and placers especially Thunderspark with 5 winners!!

R1 Jetstream 2nd – Was hoping for group 1 success here but bumped into one of the best performances I’ve seen this season. Adam’s horse Amayar was astonishing in gathering up the leader Jetsream with 200m out and 3 to 4 lengths back. Was blocked for a run and didn’t see daylight till late to storm home. You have to see this race. Well done Adam!!

R2 Rustica 11th – Lost all chance at the start by missing the break. Well done to the winner Seaspray and Ninette, All Gold, Airflow & Shen Al Calhar ran good races.

R3 Red Planet 1st - Thought I lost this as Sea Salt went past my horse with a powerful dash 400m out and made mine look very tired. But Sea salt couldn’t maintain its powerful run and faded 100m out as mine came back. It looked the winner for sure 150m out. Storm Alert, Archlord, Fade In And Out & Monaco Pearl were also top efforts.

R4 Eurythmic 2nd – Missed the break now 6 out of 8 times. Head scratcher!!! Never misses the break at home in the ck??? However well done to the winner Miss Danehill.

R6 Planet Kingdom 2nd – Good effort by my bloke but Southern Spike is just too good!

R7 Rainbow Galaxy 1st – Lucky to win in a small field here. Now a G1 winner will be very tough winning races as she is giving a weight advantage to others.

R8 Favelon 6th – Top weight giving most of these 4kg advantage. Was always going to be difficult to win here. Well done to the winner Droplet.

R11 Jeune 1st - She just got up and had a tough time keeping gallant Speaking Terms from winning. That horse was a little unlucky as it was blocked as it was making progress about 900m out. My horse didn’t show its customary dash due to the heavy conditions and its class got it over the line. Will be very interesting to meet up again with Speaking Terms and has a great chance to reverse the tables.

R14 Native Drive 1st – Pretty hot field coming into this race with some up and comers with form such as the undefeated Sonic Boom progressing solidly from a maiden to a G2 winner wanting to make it 3 in a row and make its mark in this G1 event. West Wing who defeated Native drive 2 starts back but with a 5kg advantage. Anasazi very consistent galloper who has downed US G1 winning filly St Sparkle.
Heavy track and widest gate might have been Native drives undoing here but this horse loves the wet and is infact the best wet tracker in my stable. Courageous efforts by the place getters and if it had been anything but heavy or soft Native Drive would have struggled to keep its head in front.

R20 Streetcraze 1st – Hard fought win here to collect another G3 win. Cleopatra very tough to pass and my bloke got up in the last few strides. Sorry Paul. Now looking for that elusive G1 victory. Maybe next week in the Irish St Ledger at Curragh were he won by 5L on Good to Firm going.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:13 am
Group 3 winner

I love it when Scatters gives his horses a write up and mentions mine too - makes me happy, knowing i'm doing something right :lol:

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:16 am
Group 1 winner

Nice to see someone still writing about their horses one by one. Whether they win or finish tailed off I still enjoy reading everyones comments. If you have the time try and write abit bout your stable's week horse by horse.

Well done John - another great week.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:20 am
Group 1 winner

I've also noticed a big improvement in Thundersparks stable. Have to give a big shout out to Riverlark who has been very impressive, defeating previously unbeaten Sharmardal as well as Debacle and mine Heroine who had a lot going for her with the ground and plugged on well for fourth.

To prove it was no fluke Seaspray just touched off Ninette in the Cheveley Park.

The Arc was a great race, Liam was unlucky not to grab the big win but Jeune is just immense. Coca Cola did well to finish 7th as he needs an extra 2f, if he hadnt been impeded it could have been a place finish. Fingers crossed for the Leger this week.

Kissable came 4th in the Foret which was a great performance. Unfortunately she has been a rubbish broodmare :(

As a final note, look out for Maria of Antioch when she steps up to 1m2f in the Zetland this week

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:52 am
Well done to all the winners, Jeune is the best horse in the league IMO so a few have done well to finish so close inculding my stable star To The Rescue who had no excuses for a change! Im happy with the 5th and I think he will run well in the BC Turf again, apart from not enjoying Epsom, he hasnt run a bad race all year and the BC will be his last chance to get the elusive win.

My other runner Debacle ran a great race and showed hes up there with the best sprinters, hes in the BC Sprint and hed have a chance if the draw is kind. Thought he was coming to win the race but the winner just found more in the end. Very good performance from Riverlark who was in the firing line all the way. Mine probably would have preferred better ground and 6f at Chruchill will be right up his street.

Slightly dissapointed with the response on here, the Arc is supposed to be the championship race of the season but didnt cause much of a fuss. Also thought there would have been commentary for this race, cant expect Ryan to do every race but I though the Arc was a cert to have commentary.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:22 am
Group 1 winner

There would have been but John's not been feeling well this week. Given the short timeframes between the race and the release it's easier said than done.

Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:01 am
Group 1 winner

sorry guys i didnt realise the arc hadnt been commed - i would of tried and squeezed it in friday afternoon as the other 3 didnt take long at all. never mind tho, next time ask me rich n if i can fit more in i will do!!!

maybe another few trainers could do some comms next season as well.

rich u mentioned 'caller of the year' at the beginning of the season. any idea what the prize will be lol?? maybe not a stable slot coz john will probs win it and he doesnt need it!!!

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:05 pm
Group 1 winner

I will probably be back doing 2 or 3 comms a week. Quite enjoyed doing it last time. 8)

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next