View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 UK Week 15 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post UK Week 15 Races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... week15.zip

Great comms from Ryan, potentially more coming from elsewhere...

Well done all winners, especially the winner of the Irish St Leger which is one of the most dominant G1 performances I've ever seen in UKRA history.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:07 pm
Group 3 winner

Great performance by another Scatters horse. I have only realised that the 2 Canadian races were in with US :oops:

Had Acung win well in the Newmarket Group 3 for only winner, Dont Do That was left too much to do but a clear cut anyway and similar for Speaking Terms in Canada, given too much to do and giving Scatter's horse a 5 length start turning it, giving 9lbs and running on late - better ride next time and i'll have you! :roll:

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:38 pm
Group 2 winner

A surprisingly good week for me this week. 3 winners.

Cobanna in race 2
Big Brenda in race 17
and Denise in race 22.

All completely unexpected.

Last edited by 17days on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with many of the handicaps at the moment.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done winners and placers.

Cobanna in race 2
Big Brenda in race 15
and Denise in race 22.

Big Brenda race 17 wasnt it? I should know u mugged me on the line :evil: .

Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:24 am
Group 1 winner

Maiden win seemed to be the best option for her to get of the mark, with twenty horses running and coming from near the back, was not sure she would get a run but with a nice gap up the inside with plenty of racing room she got up lovely to score.

Race 4 Shen Al Calhar 6/19
Drawn 14/19 not ideal, never got close enough to even look like making the places untill late staying on well with a hefty weight on board, may even stay 7f something to consider for next race.

Race 5 Free Year 3/12
Have no idea where this performance came from 3rd was beyond all expectations. Acung for Liam was a very covincing winner by 2 1/2l well done mate.

Race 6 Free House 13/15
Drawn 15/15, Raced wide not to no disadvantage over the straight 7f, no excuses very poor run.
Hemz very unlucky to lose race, a group finish, Extra Slim moved sideways interferring with Perspolis which finished 4th and Gin and Tonic got the race ? Only 1 person laughing from that disqualification ay Rich Coates :) :wink: . Actually the more i watch it i suppose the move to the side does cause a knock on effect making the winner move to the side as well but ill still say BAN JOCKEY careless riding let HEMZ KEEP RACE! :)

Race 7 Deathwatch Guard 7/14
Outclassed by some very good horses, Group 1 may have been a bit much of an ask for him, Great ride for the winner Rainbow Galaxy looks really good when they time there finish to win on the line.

Race 8 Shayol Ghul 8/15
Tough task of top wieght, pretty much finished as expected with the other two top weights in the race finishing in the two places above him.

Race 9 Kigali 13/18
Hold up horse, left far to much to do to even get competitive in the race, horses at the front of the pack are hard to reel in in the league they just dont slow down!

Race 11 Corenne 9/19
Was going very well for 7f of this 1m handicap, just weakened far to much in the last furlong, so 7f for her next time out.

Race 13 Ashandarei 11/14
1m trip was a test to see if he would have the pace for it.......he didnt, needs the extra trip as at the end of the race he was picking up very well.
Speedito horse of the year in my book but some getting a bit closer to him now at the finish will he stay unbeaten? Id like to see him do it what a horse he would be if he could do it!

Race 14 Bleakness 11/15
In my haste i forgot that i had a place in a group 1 with this horse last week and entered it in a race that he would be carrying a penalty of 6lb which he just could not overcome.

Race 15 Oath 15/20
Faded badly 1m6f trip, will go back to 1m4f trip next week.
Scatters Streercraze WOW 5 3/4l winner, very impressive!

Race 16 Regimental Girl 10/22
Massive weight to carry which she had no chance of winning or placing but shes still my best sprinter at home and im sure shes gotta race in her somewhere.

Race 17 Callandor 2/16
Won last week in a handicap, was very confident he would go close again but after not having much room 2f out and stoping his run he may have been far enough clear so that Big Brenda didnt come back and nail him on the line, Well done Matt nice win mate!

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:06 am
Group 1 winner

Vale of Lakes did really well, I've struggled with my hold up horses this season and don't recall many victories that way.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:34 am
Handicapper

I've had 2 wins with the same horse, out of character for me, whats goin' on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:20 am
Group 1 winner

R4 Jetstream 1st – Gutsy win here after last start 2nd to classy colt Amayar. Courageous effort carrying 61.5kg and winning. Will be entered in SOPL UK Juvenile Dash in wk 17.

R7 Rainbow Galaxy 1st – Has now won over 1400 & 1600m at G1 level. Has a good late finish which is more suited to 1600m. Could not match the speed of Glad Rags, Beldale Flutter & Seaspray but gathered them up close to home winning by the barest of margins to get up.

R13 Speedito 1st – Just hung on to beat very good field in Lost Angel, Screenwriter, Origin, Master Blaster & Frequency. Still undefeated but will he remain that way?? The others are getting closer and closer.

R15 Streetcraze 1st – Unbelievable win in the St Leger making his rivals look 2nd rate. Really surprised by the margin of victory but must love Curragh and the good to soft going.

R16 Favelon 12th – Is really better than what he showed but no excuses.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:00 am
Group 1 winner

Some nice reviews Adam & John. I very much enjoyed reading them.

Keep them coming....

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:54 am
Group 1 winner

Vale of Lakes did really well, I've struggled with my hold up horses this season and don't recall many victories that way.

No Cigar this season then :D

One of the best SOPL horses we have seen that.

Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:55 am
Group 2 winner

17days wrote:
Well done winners and placers.

Cobanna in race 2
Big Brenda in race 15
and Denise in race 22.

Big Brenda race 17 wasnt it? I should know u mugged me on the line :evil: .

Yes it was race 17, you was right Adam :oops:

I was so excited at winning I got the races mixed up

Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]