View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Breeders Cup Races 
Group 1 winner

Post Breeders Cup Races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... week16.zip

Some really great races this week with the draw playing a big part in a lot of the results.

edit: some comms now up

Last edited by anubisrich on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:07 pm
Group 1 winner

That draw in US is an absolute killer :-(

Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:10 pm
Group 3 winner

Not just the draw but the jockeys aswell, misty ridge would have eaten dark noon for breakfast!!!!! :cry:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:38 pm
Group 3 winner

Not just the draw but the jockeys aswell, misty ridge would have eaten dark noon for breakfast!!!!! :cry:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:38 pm
Group 1 winner

That draw in US is an absolute killer :-(

Yeah, Allez France is a good horse but gets stuck wide and literally gets nowhere before finishing practically plum last. :(

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Well done all winners and placers, breeders cup did not disappoint some quality races!

Will do a write up tomorrow hope to see more write ups of what trainers thought of there horses if they have the time to do a quick write up.

Im guessing here that in inter league races the win will go down on the league where ever that horse is stabled is that right?

Shen Al Calhar won a Group 1 juvenile race for example over a mile at the breeders cup and im not surprised ran very well in sprints all year but knew she was good over all trips up to the mile so very pleased with that win. :D Anyway..... in answer to my question if she is from the ukra stable will this count as a ukra league win?

Scatters, Sorry mate think i jinxed your Speedito i said they were getting closer. May have to Re-think my horse of the year award now, cant very well give it to a horse with a blemish on its record now can i? :lol:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Was well placed mate he is an out and out 6f horse so with the ground as it was l knew if it was close 1f out wouldnt be far away, even more pleasing beating a 2 time group 1 winner :lol:

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:34 pm
Group 3 winner

:shock: quite a shock..my horse winning the Breeders Cup Marathon

mighty surprised at that.....

1st ever BC win

Well done all winners & placers

quite a shock Speedito gettin' beat too

Paul(LR) 8)

Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:28 pm
Group 2 winner

And a special well done to Paul :D

Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Not much to report from my US stable, although once again my 4yo Darling Isla comes 2nd to Scatters, Classy Princess in a GR1 at Churchill Downs which she loves, would of done better if not got trapped a few times when making her move and the 6lbs playing into the Aussie's hands once again.

Some poor placements by the owner has more then likely stopped this one from getting a win this season, but 2nd's in the Breeders Cup F/M's and The Kentucky Turf along with a 4th in the Arlington Million, shows she is classier then her results have shown... One last chance over 1.4 in a GR1 next week at Keenland.. fingers crossed.

Well done to all winners and placers... gonna be sad next week after Friday night....

Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:29 pm
Group 1 winner

2 winners for me this week with Fable and North Wind and some creditable performances in defeat in some of the BC races.

1. Tap On Wood (2nd) - a much improved performance this week with conditions in his favour. Winner from Scatters stable was simply too good.
3. Home Front (7th) - handicapper running in a G1. Ran a solid race and was in contention until fading in the last furlong.
4. Breathless (3rd) - drawn 16 of 17 and ran a huge race. I thought a mid-field finish was the best I could hope for but the jockey gave this one a peach of a ride to make the frame.
6. Strike A Pose (5th) - trialed like a really good horse over 8-9f. Once again she traveled well enough and held every chance but found very little at the business end of the race. I think there is a race over 7f in the final week, so I'm tempted to try a shorter trip and see what happens.
8. Spring Chick (6th) - has been disappointing since an ecouraging debut effort. Given a terrible ride this time racing wide throughout and did well to finish as close as she did.
9. Wizard Of Oz (7th) - a doubtful stayer who needed a good ride to have any chance of lasting home. I was hoping he could make the first 5 but any chance of that went out the window when Bozo the jockey decided to give up a position behind the leaders on the rail so he could check out the dirt in the centre of the course. I was so busy shouting abuse at the jockey I didn't even realise Speedito was beaten until I watched the race again with commentary!
10. Free For All (2nd) - the best 2yo I've uploaded this season over 7-8f in either league. I wasn't expecting much as he's much better on turf, and the winner was always in command, so really pleased with 2nd.
11. Chinaman (12th) - another handicapper running in a G1 and it showed. Well beaten.
12. Bulletproof (13th) - would have found it tough from a decent draw and had no chance from stall 19.
13. Flying Spirit (5th) - another solid effort in a G1 without ever looking like he would make the frame.
15. Vimy Ridge (6th) - another horse that was given a poor ride. Jockey challenged wide round the final bend and blew any chance he had
of making the frame.
16. North Light (1st) - has been pretty consistent this season and got a well deserved second victory. She travelled well through the race and
looked the winner some way out. Really pleased with the performance.
18. Davy Lad (5th) - ran a bit flat for some reason and was never really going. Dis well in the end to finish 5th.
20. Fable (1st) - that inside draw was a big help. I would have been happy with 3rd or 4th 0.5f out, so well chuffed to win.
21. Small World (4th) - much better effort this time over 7f after 2 poor runs over 6f.
22. Colorspin (9th) - my classic horses are mostly dreadful and this one is no exception. Well beaten.

Well done all winners and placers.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:59 pm
Handicapper

Grats to all winners and placers. I haven't done a write-up in a long while.....here goes.

Race #1 – Southern Spike (3rd) – Bad mistake in placing him in a soft ground instead of running him on dirt. Surprised with his performance so far this year since when he turns 3yo he suddenly sucks.

Race #2 – Snowbank (1st) – Ran against a very tough group of horses. Queen Victoria never placing worse than 2nd and St. Sparkle. When St Sparkle passed her I thought for sure I lost, but luckily she came back. I just wished I found her earlier and was able to enter her in more races.

Race #3 – Afterlife (10th) – Post position of 22. Went 10 wide on both turns. Had no chance at all.

Race #4 – Glasswork (6th) – Has had a horrible league season. She keeps getting boxed in or in this case going 8 to 10 wide on both turns. Next year I’ll have to find horses that run race-handy if they keep getting boxed in. Very classy win from Classy Princess though remaining undefeated.

Race #6 – Charcoal (1st) – One of my late unloads and only her 2nd run. She seems to like soft/heavy track even though the form says she like G/F. Expect to see her again next season as a 3yo.

Race #7 – Riverlark (2nd) – Carrying top weight and still 2nd so I’m happy with the result. I would have preferred a win but 2nd isn’t so bad. Very good race to watch with 4 horses within .2 secs of each other.

Race #8 – Chronicler (1st) – This one I have to put in the lucky win category. Carrying very low weight probably didn’t hurt either :). Got stuck behind an injured horse and was way way way behind last. Then he lost his jockey and came charging back to win.

Race #9 – Viral (1st) – Very exciting race to watch. When Speedito passed my horse with 2f to go, I thought was my horse lost. Then he charges back somehow.

Race #11 – Knossos (8th) – Missed the break and was around 15L behind. I thought the horse was distressed. Tried to come back and then got boxed in. Had no chance at all.

Race #12 – Unbreakable (1st) – No comment……..Well I guess I’ll fill this in somehow….He does become a good sire for many of my horses for next year. That’s a comment I guess.

Race #13 – Goddess Temple (2nd) – Another loss to Maldivian. I hate the horse :). So close….

Race #14 – Oakbluff (3rd)
– After a fluke win last week, a 3rd is a good result. He’s had a very disappointing year.

Race #15 – Fools Gold (5th) – Was running well but then got boxed in and nowhere to go. An opening popped up with 1f to go but it was too late.

Race #16 – Negative Orbit (7th) – Carrying top weight and on top of that was the pacesetter. Damn Jockey. Right at the start I knew she had no chance.

Race #18 – Bridgeway (1st) – One of my late uploads. She was suppose to replace Unbreakable in the 6f distances but she seems unpredictable on US tracks.

Race #22 – Koyakut (1st) – Very nice win getting free from the traffic jam. Sadly I deleted him a long time ago since he runs poorly on turf. He might have sired some nice dirt runners. Too late now.

Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]