View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 US Week 17 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post US Week 17 Races
http://www.sopl.info/files/tom/season12 ... week17.zip

I beat one of Scatters horses :shock: Only took a ridiculously favourable draw, easy passage through the race and a very low weight.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:14 pm
Group 3 winner

Absolutely gutted about champion filly, gave scatters nag 7 lengths start and just failed to get up on a head bob in race 1!!
Best horse in my stable, just hasnt put her best foot forward on race days, 8 times out of 10 she'd have nailed scatters horse on the line......oh well, heres to next season. :D

Well done all winners and place getters and also everyone else for taking part. :D

Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:44 pm
Group 1 winner

This week a write up of my horses along with a summary of their season -

Race 2 Fourpointsixbillionyearsago 4/8 - No room but think, with a free run would of got closer to a place, shame as not improved as a 3yo and won't be here next season-

Summary - Uploaded week 14 and never really got the break.
Total Races - 3
Best Result - 4th in GR1

Race 3 Fabulous all Star 10/10 Pulled up

Summary - Won maiden on WK5, stables always had a soft spot for him. Never made the frame again though 4th five times.
Total Races - 11
Best Result - 1st - Maiden

Race 4 Adore Alzira - 12/13 Tough draw along with 6f & turf, she was her for the run more then anything.

Summary - Nice horse if over 5f on the dirt only, picked up an allowance maiden in week 11, never going to set the world alight, breeding a few speedy sorts on the dirt for next season I hope.
Total Races - 9
Best Result - 3rd in GR2

Race 7 Siege - 11/13 running in a GR1 and over a distance too far, but got blocked in when making run, so might of had a better placing.

Summary - Lost 3yo file of this horse some how and thought I would upload at 4, he was my best 3yo at the time, so was dissapointed, won a G3 Hcp week 11, so no real complaints.
Total Races - 17
Best Result - 1st G3 Hcp

Race 8 - Darling Isla - 3/12 F*** F*** short of room again, thought she would of got in front of Classy Princess this time.

Summary - prob my unluckiest horse she is a great 4yo mare and just never got the rub of the green along with some poor placements by me should of run more 1.4 then she did. Never got a win but a couple of 2nds in GR1's proved she could of had a chance with some luck and stable declaration knowledge. Breeding for next year.
Total Races 17
Best Result - 2 2nd's GR1

Race 9 - Fresco Concha 11/14 never going to do anything in this field and placed to get a run.

Summary - One from my first ever stock of horses, which would of run in last season "that never was", sneaked a win in a 0-80Hcp with 2 runners, never made the frame again.
Total Races 12
Best Result - 1st 0-80Hcp

Race 10 - Four Feathers of Monaco 15/15 never going to be a factor running over a mile even off less then 9st, another just having a run for the last week.

Summary - Couldnt find the right place for this 4yo, nicked a 2nd in a restricted maiden in week 5 but never saw the frame again.
Total races 14
Best Result - 2nd Restricted Maiden
Total Races 14

Race 12 - Sword Of London 6/15, ran well in this handicap, but maybe expected a little more with the the low weight it was carrying, but the fields are full of classy horses, so 6th is a good finish for this one.

Summary - Too many GR entries for this one, thus its rating got batterd, won a GR3 Hcp week 9 and again never hit the frame again.
Total Races 15
Best Result - 1st GR3 Hcp.

Race 13 - Cupcaked 13/13 Not sure what went wrong here, was expecting more.

Summary - Only win came in a listed and much talked about "no pace" race in week 7 followed up with a 2nd's in GR1 & 2 events, so chuffed that she did prove it wasnt just a lucky ride.
Total Races 12
Best Result 2nd G1

Race 15 - Hikari Suto No Ken 1/7 Well done, a winner in a GR3 Hcp well weighted and carrying a stone less the 2nd place, so a nice little run.

Summary - Well, Hikari Suto No Ken Japanese for Sword of Light, didnt really strike anyone down until its last race pinching the above G3 Hcp, never expected anything from this one, was here for his name, but pleased he increases the stables finances and winners.
Total Races 15
Best Result - 1st GR3 Hcp

Race 16 - Mahogany All Star 2/5 Leading well, off a nice handicap, and with 1/2 furlong to go, started to go backwards but dug in and almost beat the winner who was giving mine a stone, but was not to be.

Summary - Started life in the UK when started to trial better over 5f on the dirt so transf. week 13 to the US although only could pick up two 2nds over G3Hcp's but better then she faired in the UK tho, went to stud but has not produced anything, prob for the best.
Total Races 16
Best Result 2 2nd's GR3Hcp's

Race 17 Feathers Filly 4/6 Was racing well in this, got a little hampered just over a furlong out and the usual pushed out as horses off the fence get their space, do horses wider never hold their ground in SO4, so disappointed in that finish.

Summary - Stables first ever winner and GR3 event, so was chuffed to bits, but never really lived up to that, and as the weeks wore on and the top trainers started to improve their stables she could never find the frame again.
Total Races 12
Best Result - 1st GR3

Well that was my Stables, I never trained much new stock up over the 17weeks and really kept my stable to a max of 12/15 at anyone time, personally I find the US league frustrating as we all know, the draw along with "Scatters" :-) is a tough old time, but pleased with my first full season getting a few winners, would of pref some of the races staying 4yo & up as letting all the 3yo's in with weight gave the 4yo's a tough time, but my gripe :-) Wish I had done better with "Darling Isla" and she will be my US Stables Horse of the Year...

Well that's taken me, almost up to the Champions League Footie :-)

Well done everybody in the US... Scatters I am hoping the Aussie Govt. stop your access to TOM ... HAHAHAHA... only joking.

Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]