View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Do peeps share horse files to help with trialing??? 
Group 3 winner

Post Do peeps share horse files to help with trialing???
Just been informed on another thread that everyone shares horses to trial against each other, First I've heard of this, I wouldnt mind though just so I know where mine are at. :D

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:55 pm
Group 2 winner

I have never shared my horses files, the league is meant to be a bit of fun but some people just take it far too seriously! :(

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:06 pm
Group 3 winner

Thats what I thought too kenny, but apparentley everyone else does it, which in my opinion does give an unfair advantage as to one knowing how good a horse actually is, I think mine are world beaters cos they smash the rest of my bunch in ck, then they get smashed in the league.......find it kinda amusing!! :lol:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:09 pm
Handicapper

Be no point sharing mine they're a load of crap, could get a few quid for dog food and glue though

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:17 pm
Group 1 winner

This got a few people in trouble last time, sharing horse files and the like so if I were you i'd wouldn't bother unless you risk your participation in the league, anyway isn't that what the league is about, running your best against the rest not running basically trials of what will actually happen in the league...Pointless!

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:24 pm
Group 3 winner

I put this post up Tongue in cheek nick, it seems "every trainer is doing this and has been doing it from season 1".......
Please don't take it as a "serious" request :roll: from myself.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:54 pm
Group 2 winner

What would be the point of trialing your horses against someone's horses in the league?

The fun of the league is thinking you have a really good horse, then racing it against league horses to then realise you horse is actually CRAP!!!

If I did trial them first against someone's horses, I wouldnt bother entering them into the league, because it would be a waste of time if I knew what the outcome would be.

Matt

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:55 pm
Selling plater

What would be the point of trialing your horses against someone's horses in the league?

The fun of the league is thinking you have a really good horse, then racing it against league horses to then realise you horse is actually CRAP!!!

If I did trial them first against someone's horses, I wouldnt bother entering them into the league, because it would be a waste of time if I knew what the outcome would be.

Matt

So true , it would be no fun watching my horses come last in a trial then watching them come last in the league races :D

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Strictly speaking this isn't against the rules of the league because we cannot stop it (msn, email etc.).

The guidelines are not to do this because part of the fun is to find out how good yours are once they are uploaded.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:02 pm
Group 3 winner

Never shared a horse file with anyone. I`m a masochist at heart and enjoy seeing my best horses get a thrashing on the first week of a season, lol. Only joking but not about the sharing, I think it`s out of order but impossible to stop unfortunately.
Anyway the way my horses run in the CK rarely reflects how they run in the league, maybe I`m doing something wrong?

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]