View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 League; new season. 
Group 3 winner

Post League; new season.
Afternoon all!

Finally got back on top of my university work, for now... Hope everyone have been well and have wintered well :P

Anyway, straight to the question really - has there been a date set for the new league to be started again? I've noticed the new schedule (looks great).

Cheers,
Liam.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Aiming to get TOM up to speed in April to open the upload window beginning of May.

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:09 pm
Group 3 winner

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:26 am
Selling plater

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 am
Handicapper

Post hi
can someone please explain to me how i join the league
i am very eager to join and i have some great horses...so please explain it to me and thank you

Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:03 am
Group 1 winner

At the moment it's not open but check back in May for details.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: hi
johnatahn wrote:
can someone please explain to me how i join the league
i am very eager to join and i have some great horses...so please explain it to me and thank you

Have you been exporting your horses while you play?

Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:31 pm
Group 3 winner

As a now 2nd season rookie, I understand your eagerness.

As mentioned before, have you been exporting your horses? (To export, you click on the horse in question and press the 'E' button besides the picture) & export them when as fit as you can get them, too.

Next, when the league opens. You will be asked to upload all your horses into a database. The website is called TOM and is found here, http://www.sopl.info/sopl/tom10/main.php

Then, through that website you can declare your horses into races for that week and other weeks. The races will be posted on this forum, with a link to download and view through the SO4 race viewer on the games homepage. I believe the races are ran early in the week, then USA races are released to watch Wednesdays, NH Thursdays & UK Flat Fridays.

WARNING
Do not claim your horses are good until you've played in the league. I came into the league last year with horses unbeaten and winning G1 ater G1, then they couldn't even place in maidens! Luckily, I won what every trainer wants though in my maiden season - winning a classic. My beloved St. Leger.

Have fun, have some banter with the people in the league and don't get too disheartened when Scatters wins every race week after week!

Hope I've shed some light on how to enter/play Johnatahn.

Liam

Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:10 pm
Handicapper

Post hehe thanks
i look foward to the challenge...first season rookie i will be..my aim will be to win a race even just one...

so for example if i have a 1 mile four horse....who won 10 g1s in the game..will he be a 1m4 horse in the league

thanks for explaining also ..much appreciated

Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:45 pm
Handicapper

is there anyway i can view last seasons results and races

Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:48 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: hehe thanks
johnatahn wrote:
i look foward to the challenge...first season rookie i will be..my aim will be to win a race even just one...

so for example if i have a 1 mile four horse....who won 10 g1s in the game..will he be a 1m4 horse in the league

thanks for explaining also ..much appreciated

Welcome mate. Not sure if it's just the way I read this but game form means very little at all when it comes the the league. The distances in the main will be the same, so if you have a 1m4 horse in the game it will likely be 1m4 in the league. However if a horse is winning multiple group1's easily in the game, this will not always translate to the league. The ONLY way to get a full stable of competitive horses is to trial in your construction kit as often as possible. The horses that are best there should be sent to stud, regardless of their game form. I am now continually getting rid of group 1 game horses and sending maidens to stud.

This league is all about what happens in the construction kit mate. That is the first lesson I think anyone hoping to start and be a bit competitive needs to know. Hope that helps, and again sorry if you already knew that.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:11 pm
Handicapper

Post cheers
cheers for that..i will keep that in mind...so once i export horses ..i should race them in construction kit and then i can see their true potential in the league ?

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes the trialing is the most important part of the online league, super game horses dont always cut it at the trials, after so many seasons im finding my milers are on a par now with my sprinters.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:30 pm
Group 2 winner

Yes mate, it's definitely about the trials in the construction kit. To keep your line developing only put the best horses from those trials in to the breeding barn.

You will notice a quick upgrade in your horses in these trials if you havent been doing it before trust me. If you still enjoy playing the actual game as well, keep the good game horses in training just to keep you occupied in the game. I personally dont play the game properly at all now, just to get horses to trial in CK

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:36 pm
Group 3 winner

Can I enter both the Flat and NH leagues or is it just one? Just another thing...I export my horses every year, from ages 3 to 9. Can I run the same horse but different age in league races? For example my horse Midnight Express, runs as a 2 mile 4 horse when 3 and then a 2mile 6 horse when 4 and a 3 mile horse when 5. Could I run all three in different races?

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next