View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 League Handicapping - Flat 
Group 1 winner

Post League Handicapping - Flat
Just a few early points for flat ratings:

After the first two weeks of maidens, all horses will receive a rating between 70 and 110.

From this point onwards the maximum per race a horses rating can fall will be five.

The maximum a horse will rise depends on its style of victory, but I cant see horses winning a handicap moving up more than 15.

Low rated horses running in group races are likely to see a massive rise in their handicap rating.

Winners of group races will probably be rated over 110 and therefore will not be eligible for handicaps until their rating falls to 110 or below.

Note

Horses who are running over distances outside their boundary (deemed by the stewards) will be hit with a ratings rise regardless of placement in the race, and may be disqualified/removed from a race.

Be very careful with your horse placement in the new flat league.

Last edited by East Pier Whitby on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:26 am
Group 1 winner

You still want me to be a steward for race distances steve? Just be a list of horses sent on a sunday or monday usually with horses jumping 2f or more. let me know

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Might work better if you had direct access to removing runners you deem to be outside distance boundaries in handicaps.

Happy with that if you are.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes totally dont mind, just check with rich as l know he doesnt want to many fingers in TOM just incase it cant cope lol

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Should be fine, I'd like to see horses running over obviously inadequate distances punished in the ratings rather than removed because it may be that someone realises their horse isn't as good over the distance they originally thought.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:13 pm
Group 1 winner

I hope this doesn't apply for the NH in handicaps!!!!

Trailing in the CK over jumps is so unpredictable with regards on distances of horses.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Should be fine, I'd like to see horses running over obviously inadequate distances punished in the ratings rather than removed because it may be that someone realises their horse isn't as good over the distance they originally thought.

Only problem with this tho rich is people will get the win and then get hit with massive rating but they wont be bothered as they already have the win? In my eyes a horse can not jump more than 1f up or down then there last run if its a hcap

Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:38 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree with Mike, players can move distances but only 1 furlong at a time, up or down.
For the flat anyway, and offenders should mostly be removed before the race to stop any arguments post event.
If the rules are clear then there should be no comeback on the steward. Any that slip through the net should be disqualified and hit with a ratings rise.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Can all rules and regulations please be done as a sticky once decided, there all over the place at the moment.

Rules regarding runners.... how many runners in the field etc in what classes.

Rules on anything to do with ratings, up and down classes, Steve what ever you have written on your handicapping post, scatters added one id not heard of which was .................Sorry had to go look... horse only being allowed 8 runs for the season.

If you enter a group race with the lowest rated horse and someone else adds one at the very last minute your horse will no longer get a run that week? Once Tom noms are closed thats when the moderators will look at the races to see whats in and whats not?

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:17 pm
Group 3 winner

I agree with Mike, players can move distances but only 1 furlong at a time, up or down.
For the flat anyway, and offenders should mostly be removed before the race to stop any arguments post event.
If the rules are clear then there should be no comeback on the steward. Any that slip through the net should be disqualified and hit with a ratings rise.

I've got 2 year old whos distance is 1 mile but run over 6 furlongs. They dont stay a mile until they are 3. Same with NH horses e.g a 4 year old horse whos distance is 4 mile but only stays 3 mile. You talk about not allowing horses to run over the incorrect trip but what if the incorrect trip is right for the horses age etc.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:54 pm
Group 1 winner

If I have a Horse who says preferred distance 1m but wins all his races and trials best over 6f then when I upload the horse I put preferred distance as 6f, you have the chance to choose the preferred distance when uploading, hope this helps!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Problem with allowing 1f jumps is that if someone uploads a 6f horse say, then tries it over 7f then tries it over 8f it would come into the race with a fairly obtained mark but a massive advantage (and it may not be someone trying it on).

Last season there was a rule whereby winners of handicaps could be withdrawn if they were found to have obtained a rating by deceit. No issues came up, clearly people are worried about it but it doesn't really happen. This rule will continue.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:16 pm
Group 3 winner

If I have a Horse who says preferred distance 1m but wins all his races and trials best over 6f then when I upload the horse I put preferred distance as 6f, you have the chance to choose the preferred distance when uploading, hope this helps!

Cheers, I didnt know that.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes it usually goes on what distance the trainer uploads the horse as not what the game says

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Can all rules and regulations please be done as a sticky once decided, there all over the place at the moment.

Rules regarding runners.... how many runners in the field etc in what classes.

Rules on anything to do with ratings, up and down classes, Steve what ever you have written on your handicapping post, scatters added one id not heard of which was .................Sorry had to go look... horse only being allowed 8 runs for the season.

If you enter a group race with the lowest rated horse and someone else adds one at the very last minute your horse will no longer get a run that week? Once Tom noms are closed thats when the moderators will look at the races to see whats in and whats not?

Rich, I echo hacketts points especially the sticky will all the rules. His last point is very important as well.

Cheers

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next