View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 WEEK 12 CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW 
Group 1 winner

Post WEEK 12 CHAMPIONSHIP PREVIEW
Hi all, I know that it is a long way off but thought to start the ball rolling and do a preview concentrating on the Dubai World Cup final. There is very limited information at the moment but will gradually add comments as the entries, confirmations and conditions become clear.

G1 Dubai Golden Shaheen
1200m(Dirt) 3yo+; Record 1.9.62 held by Roya and trained by Scatters

Track Comment - From the 1200m start there is a 550m back stretch in which the horses can jostle for position before the turn of 300m (yes it seems quite sharp). If trapped 4 and 5 wide or worse, it could be costly. Leaving a 350 home stretch to the post. So it is important for the front runners and handy horses to start well and be no worse than three deep with midfield runners a little less important as long as they find a place close to the fence. Back markers ideally will need to make their runs inside with clear running.

Nominations
Sara Horizon(Scatters)() 8-1 – I had originally put Jetstream as my 3yo participant in this race but found one a little better over the dirt course. Should be very competitive this season but it goes best on the dirt. Hence my Golden Shaheen nomination. It is more suited over 1200m and the stable has high hopes for her. Has track galloped with Roya (last years 1200m champion) on many occasions and holds her own against her. Needs a decent draw to be right in the money here. One of the early favourites.

Fun Colours(Doza)() 8-1 – Smart type by the Team DOZA stables who performed very well in recent trials. Ran a strong second to Smart Missile over 1100m on the heavy going at Randwick. Showed class when it downed Jetstream over 1100m at Ayr on GS track. Unproven on a dirt track but must strongly consider.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G1 Dubai Duty Free
1600m(Dirt) 4yo+; Record 1.37.45 held by See Days and trained by Crazyboy

Track Comment - Of all the races on championship day at Meydan barriers here are the most critical. The race starts on the bend so runners are greatly disadvantaged out wide. From the 1600m start there is an immediate sharp bend of 300m leading into the 600m back stretch in which the horses have no time to jostle for position. If trapped 4 and 5 wide or worse, it could be costly. Once out of the back stretch and into the home turn of 300m horses will be fanning wide for clear running causing further disadvantage, leaving a 350 home stretch to the post. An outsider could easily take the money here. So it is important for the front runners and handy horses to start well and be no worse than three deep with midfield runners a little less important as long as they find a place close to the fence. Back markers ideally will need to make their runs inside with clear running. The draw will have a huge affect on the final odds.

Nominations
Native Drive(Scatters)()10-1 - Top 4yo returning from last season. This horse loves the soft going and to be honest does better on the tuft. But he can hold his own on the dirt so gets his chance here to make a name for himself. Only needs a decent draw and will be challenging. Has trained on as a 4yo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G2 UAE Derby
1800m(Dirt) 3yo only; Record 1.50.83 held by Mr Hope and trained by Crazyboy

Track Comment -

Nominations
Rainbow Galaxy(Scatters)(105)10-1 - 3yo filly returning from previous season where she won at G1 level over 1600 & 1800m. Highly suited over 1800m and has quality to compete at group level in 2000m fillies races this season. Very good chance.

G1 Dubai World Cup
2000m(Dirt) 4yo+; Record 2.5.97 held by Redcraze and trained by Scatters

Track Comment -

Nominations
Red Planet(Scatters)(111) 7-1 - 4yo mare who is a multiple G1 winner last season and could be considered the favourite at the moment

G1 Dubai Sheema Classic
2400(Turf) 4yo+; Record 2.31.96 held by Galleon and trained by Scatters

Track Comment - The 2400m start on the turf at Meydan sees an initial 150m straight to the first turn which leaves no room for horses to jostle for positions. Inside draws will have a big advantage here. The turn is a sweeping 450m so horses trapped 4 and 5 deep or worse will be giving some ground to others and could cost a horse any chance of being in the money. The turn leads into the back stretch of 850m which is then followed by the home turn of a sharp 350m bend. The combination of being trapped wide on both turns could be crucial. The home stretch is 600m long giving horses that are blocked for runs ample time to recover if good enough.

Nominations
Jeune(Scatters)() 3-1 - 4yo champion mare who is returning for one more season and hopes to be considered legend class here if she wins. Is the current track record holder at Royal Ascot over 2400m clocking 2.32.12 in the G1 King George VI and QED Stakes last season on a GF surface. Is the early outright favourite at 3-1. Absolutely loves the GF surface and if the track surface is GF on race day price will shorten even further.

Come back to this page as I will continually update information.
Please feel free to agree, disagree or comment on odds, track and chances etc. Can the bookies or anyone chime in here with their thoughts about the odds I have set! Please note I'm not taking bets but offering my suggestions on my horses and will be offering suggestions on other trainers horses as the form comes in.

Cheers and happy racing!!!

Last edited by Scatters on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:35 am, edited 10 times in total.

Tue May 17, 2011 4:33 am
Group 3 winner

as a bookie im fairly generous with them but not as generous as Scatters

Jetstream @ 7 or 8-1

Eurythmic @ 10-1

Rainbow Galaxy @ 10-1

Red Planet @ 7-1

Jeune @ 5-1

i would then alter odds up or down depending on the draw

Paul

Tue May 17, 2011 10:38 pm
Group 3 winner

if it was up to me my best price would be 3/1 on each horse after last season

Wed May 18, 2011 1:01 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks Paul, David I have made the changes.

Wed May 18, 2011 5:37 am
Group 2 winner

How do the times in peoples CK fair against times in league nowadays. I just ran a trial on GD-fm at Meydan and beat that record. Just want to know if it was just a speed bias in CK please? Other people beating it in CK?

Wed May 18, 2011 7:24 pm
Group 1 winner

I think that record was on a good track, but Galleon won in a 10 field race from barrier 4. If its a full field, I think 14, 15, 16 (max fields have not been decided yet) draws will be more important than last season. In any case these are the conditions you should use in ck:

1. Select Uk as locality
2. Select Dubai
3. Select Distance
4. Select 4yo+ (for Dubai Golden Shaheen select 3yo+ and UAE Derby select 3yo only)
5. Select G1 and don't worry about the money
6. For sex select open

If you trial in the ck and achieve times close or better in the ck you are in the hunt to win or be competative in these G1's. Don't be too discouraged if the time is not quite there as the draw and field size will play its part. Hope you have a good one and let tell me how you go.

Thu May 19, 2011 2:08 am
Group 1 winner

If you know who will be nominated for the above races please feel free to mention so I can update the unofficial card and make comments etc. Treat this like a very early preview and you are free to change nominations if you feel you have come across a better performer in your stable.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:44 am
Handicapper

If you know who will be nominated for the above races please feel free to mention so I can update the unofficial card and make comments etc. Treat this like a very early preview and you are free to change nominations if you feel you have come across a better performer in your stable.

G1 Dubai Golden Shaheen
1200m(Dirt) 3yo+

I will bring my top sprinter Fun Colours to this race. She is more comfortable on grass, but she will be pointed here. I've bred quite a few sprinters since her, but none can touch her. She raced well in pre-trials, and I hope she carries that form to the league.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:11 am
Group 1 winner

Scatters wrote:

G1 Dubai Golden Shaheen
1200m(Dirt) 3yo+

I will bring my top sprinter Fun Colours to this race. She is more comfortable on grass, but she will be pointed here. I've bred quite a few sprinters since her, but none can touch her. She raced well in pre-trials, and I hope she carries that form to the league.

Added :)

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]