View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 SEASON 13 NHC TRAINERS CHAMPIONSHIP ODDS 
Group 1 winner

Nice to see you making the transition scatters. Make sure they can jump :)

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:25 am
Group 1 winner

Nice to see you making the transition scatters. Make sure they can jump :)

How do you do that??
I've simply trialled several times and noted if a horse simply finishes consistently or not, and with minimum errors.

The only one I rate hardly makes mistakes and seems to run good times. But I won't really know until it races against the cream of the NHC stars and then I will probably look really foolish :?

But at least I will enjoy participating :)

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:38 am
Group 1 winner

You don't to be honest. Even the very best make the odd mistake and fall.

Were are you trailing them at? I tend to trail mine at Cheltenham, Aintree, Sandown mainly chases here, and Punchtestown.

That's the way the NH is, fun and exciting. You can have the very best in the race but one costly mistake it's all over in a heartbeat.

But i find consistant is key in the NH, they don't need to win cos the results are so inconsistant when you have about 20 with only a few lengths between them.

Am sure you will enjoy it a lot mate, it's way better than the flat league.

All my horses are geared towards the NH, i have no Flat horses at all.

Last edited by Hemz on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:46 am
Group 1 winner

I don't play any NH game but have used past flat horses. Is this correct in what I'm doing Hemz???

Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:50 am
Group 1 winner

It's better to use a Flat schedule or even a combined which i use to get the best NH horses imo.

When i first started S04 i really struggled with improving them in a Jumps only game. I did 80+ seasons and was slowly improving every 7-12 seasons which is no good for league standards. Did have some success in the league but not has good has Lee Cara, Jay and others.

Soi started a combined one and was seeing improvement a lot faster.

So my advice would be for anyone wanting to have NH horses for the league, use a Flat or Combined one, much better.

My current horses which i have in my stable for the league, are way better than my last seasons horses.

It's been a slow process, but am very happy with some of them. Think they could be serious horses this season fingers crossed lol.

Nearly on 150 seasons, and trailing has been a pain in the ass tbh. So many mixed results. Find it much better having 20 max when trailing NH horses.

Last edited by Hemz on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:04 am
Group 1 winner

Also good to have pacemakers from 2m-3m i don't think it makes a different over marathon trips. Just like Flat trailing i guess.

If your pacemaker is going at an even gallop of around 28/31mph this will give better consistancy in your results. I tend to look at the top 6/7 placed horses each race, with a max field of 20 runners.

But it is annoying working out who's better. You can get one which wins 2/3 races then finishes 5th for the next 4 races.

Not sure if there is a bug in the ck for NH trails, i could be wrong, but it does seem strange. But there are loads of elements which count for incosistant results. Ground, track, left/right handed tracks, mistakes list goes on lol.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:12 am
Group 3 winner

i bet john boy will b :D eat u craig lol he is playing with u lol this guy knows his stuff ... u are not fav no more lol

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:50 am
Group 1 winner

More the merrier Del Monte.

Not fav for what, winning the GC. It's coming home to Hemsworth stables this season, along with a host of other big races :wink:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:57 am
Group 1 winner

like i said previously, the bet on a new trainer to win championship race at festival refers to the 4 feature races i.e. champion hurdle, champion chase, world hurdle, cheltenham gold cup.

LAMI gets 16s

scottty 12s, bilbo and hooley 10s

current price 13/2

Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10