View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 My Trials For SOPL Season 13 
Group 2 winner

Been doing my trialing atm and not as far off as I expected compared to the times. I do however do separate trials at Epsom over 12 furlongs and wondering whether my horses might be good enough to make the big ones at Epsom, my top filly and colt are both doing 2.31.5 with my top 4yo only really making 2.31.4, It's only 2 seconds off my Ascot times which is why I'm doubting that it would be good enough, would like to see what everyone else's are doing at Epsom for 12f over good! Never had any class sprinters G3 at best and my crop this year are doing 57.7 for 5f and 1.10.8 for 6 at Ascot/Good so really looking forward to it!

Epsom 12f on good going you will need to be in the 2:29's and on good to firm you will need to be in the 2:27's for group 1 horses. I wouldn't focus on Epsom horses I find that a horse that is good at Epsom isn't as good at other courses, for 12f at Epsom you really need a 11f horse IMO.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:27 pm
Group 1 winner

nick_driver wrote:
Been doing my trialing atm and not as far off as I expected compared to the times. I do however do separate trials at Epsom over 12 furlongs and wondering whether my horses might be good enough to make the big ones at Epsom, my top filly and colt are both doing 2.31.5 with my top 4yo only really making 2.31.4, It's only 2 seconds off my Ascot times which is why I'm doubting that it would be good enough, would like to see what everyone else's are doing at Epsom for 12f over good! Never had any class sprinters G3 at best and my crop this year are doing 57.7 for 5f and 1.10.8 for 6 at Ascot/Good so really looking forward to it!

Epsom 12f on good going you will need to be in the 2:29's and on good to firm you will need to be in the 2:27's for group 1 horses. I wouldn't focus on Epsom horses I find that a horse that is good at Epsom isn't as good at other courses, for 12f at Epsom you really need a 11f horse IMO.

I found that too for the last 2/3 seasons of the league I have played and trialed for but this year my 2 best 3yo c&f are popping up and winning some trials at Epsom and they are both solid 12f horses which again isn't normally the case. I suppose they might still get in but 12f has never been my strong point! Thanks Kenny! It's not all too bad I've just been looking at the record times for Ascot etc and some of them especially burkeys sprinters are ridiculous haha! Will anyone ever beat 54 seconds lol and the 48s at Epsom over 5f :shock: I'm not too far off some record times and consistently beating the record 1m1f time at Ascot so not too bad! You taking part this year Kenny? Be good to see the old guard coming back to challenge Scatters and Thunder, wonder if Crazy, ESA and Jason are looking on with an intention to come back! Not forgetting Dave, Jamie and the others! Hopefully some good new blood and the wait for this season will be worth it!

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:41 pm
Group 2 winner

I won't be having any runners this season nick, I haven't played for months(only a few seasons since the new year) I do have lots of horse files that I could enter but I want to have a break this season and maybe return next season or wait for SO5. I will still be involved in the league as a league secretary.

I hope you have a good season Nick.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8