View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Attention THUNDER or SCATTERS. 
Group 3 winner

Post Attention THUNDER or SCATTERS.
Hi guys
would like a little advice if you'd be so kind, My sprinters are KACK, I've been concentrating on them for a couple of weeks now (around 20-30 seasons) and my times have hit a brick wall.
I'm exporting using at least 3 different riding instructions per horse, I'm breeding my best ck with my best ck and also best in game horses and my times at ascot on good for a 3yo still wont better 58.3.
I have horses that will do 53.8 at epsom and 56.9 at donny.
Any advice would be greatly accepted. :D

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:11 pm
Group 1 winner

What l can say Scotty is dont forget Scatters has been playing a while, if anything you are doing well. Im 60 - 70 seasons in and lm just running 58 flat at ascot. Its all about time and effort mate and Scatters has a big advantage on me and you by having a far deeper breeding line and in my opinion is almost impossible to catch up. Wait for SO5 and give it some welly :lol:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:18 pm
Group 1 winner

completley agree - just enjoy being slightly competitive and winning a share of races until so5

once so5 comes out we all know how this shit goes - we will breed the BEEP out of our horses and come so5 league seasons it will be all to play for.

ill start some early so5 trash talk now - scatters, your going down bitch

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:21 pm
Group 1 winner

On a side note 53.8 at epsom beats me by a bit. My best is 54.3 but my donny time is 56.2

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:25 pm
Group 3 winner

Scatters maybe, but Thunder was a newbie last season and for his horses to achieve these times, well they must have DETTORRI on them smashing there behinds 20 times a furlong!! :lol:

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Hi Scotty, I have written up a guide and put it on the forums mate.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Cheers.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:28 pm
Group 3 winner

Broken 58 secs at ascot, 57.6 secs, 56 dead at donny and thats without trialing the horse for best riding prefs!! :D :D :D :D

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:15 pm
Group 3 winner

I have some 5f runners this season only running 58 at ascot so ill be looking at hcp races

what times is everyone 2yo's running this season too i could have afew this season

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:39 pm
Group 3 winner

Hi Scotty, I have written up a guide and put it on the forums mate.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Cheers.

i will be interested in reading thisw to john

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:04 pm
Group 3 winner

I have some 5f runners this season only running 58 at ascot so ill be looking at hcp races

what times is everyone 2yo's running this season too i could have afew this season

Hi dave
My 2yo's dont seem too strong this year, running at donny over 5f on good carrying 9 stone best i can do is around the 59 seconds mark, 1 min dead at ascot, 56 secs at epsom.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:06 pm
Group 1 winner

My 2 year old's were half decent last year and these are running more or less the same, about 1.0.5-1.1.0 at Ascot (gd) 57.5-58 at Epsom 59.5+ at donny so your well clear of mine after 40 seasons.

Saying that I had 2 really good 7f 2yo's last year who were group performers and they are being battered at home! 1.25.50 at Donny, 1.28.2 Ascot, 1.24.0 Epsom

Last edited by nick_driver on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:19 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Attention THUNDER or SCATTERS.
WARNING --- freakishly long post

I'll post what I've done and Scatters can post his since technically I am using his technique.

When I first started my horses were absolute crap. I was surprised by the other trainers cuz I thought I had monsters. Anyways I looked around the forum and found Scatter's post about breeding and that pretty much helped the way I breed.

In a few generations I could see huge improvements. I still have some of my old data from that first upload from last year.

Newmarket - (Good-Firm) G1 - Open (not 3+ yo)
    3 - 1m Asia 1:38.09
    3 - 1m Driftwood 1:38.10
    3 - 1.2f Give Away 2:06.67
    3 - 1.2f Wishlist 2:06.80
    3 - 1.4f Blue Pill 2:33.00
    3 - 1.4f Misfit 2:32.85

Almost everyone will probably beat these times but that's how bad they were.

Right now my horses are around 1.5 - 2.0 secs faster than this but that's after many generations.

Basically to start off what you need are alot of decent fillies/mares. If you have great G1 your fillies/mares then that's even sweeter. But starting off you need alot of fillies/mares. These fillies/mares need to be in your transfer pool.

So here is how I go about this.....

I have multiple games going. I have my main game and a few shorter games which last 5-6 years which I use for quick breeding to get some new blood to my main game.

I save my main game and make a copy of it. Drag those save file onto another folder as a backup.

Start your main game and transfer as many fillies/mares you can onto the tranfer pool. Since you still have a copy of you main game, you haven't lost those fillies/mares.

PJrhodes almost had it right. He posted this recently.

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK IT WORKS PERFECTLY IF YOU FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS BUT ADVISE BACKING UP SAVED GAME B4 HAND
last day of season retire your 6 best horses to game pool
end season start new season dont save
at start of next season on day1 press ctrl alt del
end task starters orders 4 reload so4 load saved game
you go back to end of season
retire your best horses to stud
end season start new season
your best horses will be in stud ready to start breeding
goto transfer screen transfer back in the 6 horses
there stats will still be in order
you can now breed and race your best horses at same time

just saw people wanted this in so5 in development forum so this
shows you how to do it in so4

Easier way is to make a copy of your game, put in a diff folder and start your game up. Transfer 6 fillies/mares and advance to next season. Quit your game and reload your original game. Repeat to transfer another 6 and reload the saved game again.

Always have a copy of your main game just in case of screw ups or game crashes.

So I retire 6 decent fillies/mares to game pool from my main game. If you don't have alot of fillies/mares then you can do this over many years to get 6 into the transfer slots. Then I start a new game with Auto-Run days 1 year. I then look at the Diary and look at the winning times of the winning horses of the major G1 races. (Winning times to me is very important)

I look for horses that has won some G1's but the important part is the times posted. If I don't see a stallion then I advance another year and check the Diary again. You can keep advancing another year but what I found out is that it’s faster to start a new game with Auto-Run days of 1 year. I look for these times.

5f - 54.00 - 55.00
6f - 1:06.00 - 1:.07.00
1m - 1:33.00 - 1:34.00.
1m2f - 2:02.00 - 2:03.00
1m4f - below 2:27.00
1m6f - below 2:59.00

Times will vary depending on the ground condition but after awhile you will start to notice the times for certain ground condition.

When you finally find a good stallion, I guess first you'll need ART MONEY. Because you will need money for a breeding barn, new stalls, transfer fees and breeding fees. Advance to Nov 7-8 and save your game. Keep a different copy of that game and put in another folder. Now advance to end the season and see if that stallion has been retired to the breeding barn. If its sold off abroad or dies then I just reload the saved game that you made a copy of. I do this until I see the stallion available for breeding.

I then transfer 6 of my fillies to breed with this stallion. Rinse, repeat.

Eventually your stable will produce faster stallions than the gamebreds and you then use your stallion this way. This does not work always but once in a while you will get a league horse. If you do this enough you will get a very nice stable of horses.

Now as to sprinters, when I started I didn't have any sprinters at all. My horses were 1m4f - milers. So I looked for fast stallions and used my milers for my first generation. I bred with these gamebred in my first generation

Hanworth 55.72
Layaaly 1:07.64
Mac Knight 1:07.86 54.89

The next few generations produced a mix of 6f - milers. Some were good, alot were horrible. Once in a while you get a few keepers. I kept the really good 6f-milers and repeated this until I have enough in my stables. You could start a new game and seperate them but thats up to you.

I kept doing this until I had enough 6f-7f fillies in the transfer pool, I used those to breed to get 5f horses. After a few generations depending on your horses you will produce 5f stallions which you can then use instead of the gamebreds.

scotty64 wrote:
Hi guys
I have horses that will do 53.8 at epsom and 56.9 at donny.
Any advice would be greatly accepted. :D

If that horse is a stallion then I would bred the hell of that horse till he's dies with a smile. Breed it with as many fillies/mares as possible.

Again I have to thank John (Scatters) for the original technique.

One thing tho is that I've slightly modified it. I'll keep this to myself for now for SO5.
I want a slight edge :)

I've posted my 5f trial in another thread so here's a few more

6f Ascot League Trials
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qyiuVFIa98

7f Ascot Trial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_pcf_-tqeE

I uploaded other trials and you can view those if you do a search.

Last edited by Thunderspark on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Sounds very good Thunder! Wish I had the time to do all of that! I just play one game, breed the best with the best and get some ok horses! Normally do well with my stayers but have struggled in my new game for this season. I get bored easily and can only play one season at a time and trialing bores the hell out of me so I wouldn't be able to do this, glad your sharing your insight and wish you the best of luck in the league! All I want is that one special horse that will win me a group one like Kings Of Albion and Johnny Corleone were!

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Guide to SOPL League Racing

Firstly I want to stress that in no way are my methods the best or the quickest or the most efficient way to get a competitive group horse in the league. It’s just the way I do it. And I’m sure there are others who do it better in ways that I haven’t figured out yet.

Phase 1

I use a modified schedule. I play the Australian game and have reduced the season by ending it on 31st of May instead of 30th of June to make the game a little quicker. But this is up to you. I have even thought of reducing it even further for quicker games. I have also maxed out the foreign horses so I get a decent amount of foreign horses participating in my game. I have also introduced 4 race days of Royal Ascot separated by a month between meetings. At each race day I have 1000m, 1200m, 1400m, 1600m, 2000m & 2400m events. I remove all other foreign meetings with the exception of Dubai. I have structured it like this because I am focusing on my main trial track, Royal Ascot.

I trial all my horses at Royal Ascot on the good going to take advantage of the straight so that draws are not a factor in determining the best horse up to 1600m. With 1800m and over I might trial a few more times to get the preferred horses.

Why Ascot? Because a good horse elsewhere might not be good at ascot. So at least I know it trials well at Ascot. I know this can happen the other way round too i.e. good at Ascot but not at other tracks, but once you have acquired several horses over the same distance one of them will at least be good at other tracks. Well that’s what I have found out.

The only distances I trial at are 1000m to 1600m, 2000m and 2400m. Hence this is what I look for in the game. This is so I don’t overspread myself out too much and dilute the quality of horses. This frees up more time to focus on those distances. If you have time by all means trial over all the distances. You also might want to select fewer distances. The choice is yours depending on the time you have. But what ever distances you choose you must dedicate the time to play and trial. There is no other way.

I play 2 or 3 games traditionally on simple training and the difficulty setting is easy and buy and trial every horse offered. I use Art Money to get a big cash boost. My breeding in the beginning is non existent but I still do breed if the times appear ok. This strategy does not get me competitive group horses for the league but it gets me a base to work with so that I can have 40 to 50 3yo horses in each distance in the transfer pool. I deliberately don’t look out for 2yo’s at this stage.

The track records for the SOPL at Ascot are as follows:

1000m 54.03s GF, where GF stands for Good to Firm going
1200m 1.8.73 GF
1400m 1.24.33 GF
1600m 1.37.90 GF
2000m 2.5.70 GF
2400m 2.32.40 GF

So the ck times I look for in my game with my initial horse base are:

1000m 59s because that was a freakish time.
1200m 1.11.50s
1400m 1.27.00s
1600m 1.40.50s
2000m 2.8.50s
2400m 2.36.00s

If you notice I have added about 2.5s to the SOPL track record but not strictly. The main point being that you get the best timed trailed ones you have. To me one of the most important things is getting the horse instructions correct. This can save you up to 0.5 to 1 seconds easily.

These are the parameters I use in the CK

Select Race Locality = UK Local
Race Type = G1
Going = Good
Age = 3yo+
Racecourse location = United Kingdom
Racecourse = Ascot

Follow this thread if you want tips for trailing in the CK.

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3250&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
So in the CK I’m looking for times that might be out by roughly 2.5 seconds from the track record in each distance and I have a pool of 40 to 50 3yo’s at each distance. Once I determined their times and distance and it is within roughly 2.5 seconds I move them to the transfer pool. I have 1 transfer file for each distance e.g. when I determine that I have a horse that runs 2000m and is within roughly 2.5 seconds from the track record I transfer it to the 2000m transfer pool. I have a directory that is called transfers and a sub directory that is called 2000m. I do this so that all the 2000m horses are together to make it easy to manage.

Phase 2

Then what I do is create many games with the autodays feature. I have actually played hundreds.

I will fill all the remaining slots with them. I use the 6 month option and then continue the game on to the very last day. Then I save it before going to the next season. I then reopen the game and go to racecourses page and select Royal Ascot and look at the times. Everything that is near or better than the league track record on good going is a potential sire or dam to breed with.

For example say I find a colt or horse in the game at 1400m does 1.21.00s on GF in the racecourses page at Ascot. This is potential sire. It’s still hit and miss this way because it might not have been a good ck performer, but where there’s misses there are hits too!

Once available I get the 1400m transfer file and from that file I transfer 6 mares to breed with. Hopefully it will produce 1 or 2 better horses in the ck. If you are successful and produce better horses I put these horses aside till you have a good amount and continue the process till the times get better and better. This is essentially what I do. It does take a lot of time. If I were to only concentrate on say 1000m, 1200m, 1400m & 1600m horses only then the goal would be much quicker. So for a new trainer I would only concentrate on say 1400m & 1600m only and you could get that G1 winner in the league. But be warned I’ll be fighting tooth and nail to beat you!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:36 am
Group 1 winner

The only thing I don't get is when using autodays once you get to the end of the season and say find one horse which has broken the league track record at ascot say, how do you obtain that horse for breeding purposes as from what I know you can't buy a horse unless it is auctioned or your own unless it is sent to breeding by it's trainer and you can find it in the unowned training bit of the breeding barn.

Also I'm not too sure on how this transferring of horses works either!

Help would be very appreciated!

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next