View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mr Mark Loveday 
Group 1 winner

To do this ry you would need to write and implement every rule of the NH as l dont think it would be classed as an official season. If you started your league then in 3 weeks TOM was up and ready lm pretty sure that the NH would start again and we would then have 2 running NH league's running. You wouldnt be able to say that your results should be put in TOM cus of all the players from this site and the other site might not read your posts and people would then miss out. I am also very impatient for league to start as l think we all have been patient for more than long enough now but l think running a seperate league would cause more problems and arguements than you think. For instance you win a big race in your league and its not classed as official and the race is run again in TOM and it doesnt win its a pretty pointless excercise. This is only my opinion tho and even if you go ahead now you have to at least give 2 weeks notice that this is starting on both forums with a whole list of rules to make sure everyone knows about this

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:56 pm
Group 1 winner

these things would have to be addressed - if people want to have a go at the nhc manually then we would have to finish the season as like you say would be no point in running 3 or 4 weeks then just starting over in TOM.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 pm
Group 1 winner

To add you will need a decent memory on your computer to store and keep everyones horse and make sure your email is up to scratch as people sending there horses in an email is going to take some doing.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 pm
Group 1 winner

all the ins and outs of it and how it would work have all been addressed buddy - the NHC could be manually run with noms closing for first week on sat 2nd July if its what people want

Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:02 pm
Group 2 winner

I would also compete manually Ryan, should have thought of this a few months ago mate.

Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:56 pm
Handicapper

Post hi
im up for this...so what i need to do now in order to play i have all horses exported to disk

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:21 pm
Group 3 winner

If the season was to start manually on the 2nd of july then i would miss the upload window and the first week, so i feel there would be no point me entering........I did say I was away for 2 weeks, with today been my first day!!!
That would have made the hundreds of hours I've put in even more pointless than anyone elses!!!!!! :( :( :(

Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:44 pm
Group 1 winner

i thought of this when league was first postponed in my first season and some members wanted to continue - it resulted in rich running the cheltenham festival for the nhc trainers. i would have loved to have gotten things started but i thought the new season (with TOM) would have started by now

scotty - we cud figure a way round this. u have the nhc schedule for the new season?? if not ill email it to u

Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:16 pm
Group 3 winner

I am also up to this but ONLY if Rich gives the go a head

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:06 pm
Group 1 winner

i think what i need to do is care about the league less and just wait and see , if it goes ahead n tom gets fixed, for sure i will enter my horses and enjoy the racing. but i wont play the game like mad to get horses, keep checkin on here for news or put time into helpin with the races and the comms . id love to see the league be successful but ever since i bought the game its been a farce and remains that way. last season finished far too long ago and the fact that so5 will come out after only 3 online so4 leagues is awful. ill save my gametime from now for so5 when ill actually get to race my horses.

alot of trainers need to open their eyes and see just how shit all this is

Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:19 pm
Group 3 winner

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:16 pm
Group 1 winner

It is tough, A lot of people are waiting for the league to start and each week that goes by more and more people are getting impatient, I am in the camp where I am getting slightly agitated but there is nothing we can do about it and it's made me appreciate playing the great game that SO4 is and the great coup's I can pull off and the superstars that I breed from instead of skipping through and breeding just to get league horses, I see that most people are playing the game purely to get league horses to win but I found that most of my fun in the last few horses have been horses that i have genuinely found after being quality in the game and not specifically bred for the league and it has lead to multiple G1 successes in the league including an Ascot Gold Cup win and place in 3 seasons!! I'm just continually playing and exporting without specifically looking at the league as that just makes it boring imo lol! I'm sure the league will start and I think we should get off Rich's back and his helpers have done amazing from what crumpled mess the league was in after the big hoohah! Manually would be good but just too much, I agree we should try and find someone who has the time on their hands to sort out TOM or a new website of the like! I think everyone should get on with playing the game as the game and not just messing around with boring trials and breeding!

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:08 pm
Group 1 winner

I dont think manual would be too much - its just one of them things that we have had the taste of something better (i.e. TOM doing work for us) that we dont want to go back to old ways. I would be in favour of one manual season whilst working towards a new TOM website, whether it be with current programming or different ones.

I also understand the 'keep on waiting' point of view aswell. I admit I am getting perhaps more impatient than others, but it does annoy me that only one full seasons play has been given to all of us when we have put in so much gametime. I for one have stopped playing and will settle for lesser quality horses if the league finally starts as opposed to keepin on playing when nothing is happening.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2