View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Progression - 

is patience a virtue or skill :-)
Virtue 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Skill 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 5

Progression - 
Group 1 winner

Post Progression -
Does anyone share the same problem -

I find my best 2yo's will run good/competitive course times and then as 3yo's they are crap but return to good course times at 4.

I struggle to get any really good 3yo's, whether they are good at 2 or not.

:?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:27 am
Group 1 winner

i have lots of good ck juveniles who suck at 3 !!ur not the only one - i dont usualy wait to see what happens at 4 coz they get binned

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:31 pm
Group 1 winner

I have got a good 3yo 6f horse that got beat as a 2yo in a maiden (slightly worked up). Usually, if a 2yo loses I will auction it (unless it had excuses or was beaten by something excellent and I know mine will improve for distance).

Sometimes those 2yos come back and compete against mine at 3 and 4 but they won't be better than those I have kept.

Occasionally I won't know which 2yos to get rid of so I'll jump to the next season, export them all as 3yos in August and trial them against my existing stock. Last season none of my 12f horses were even close to what I had already so I auctioned all of them and they won the Derby and Oaks (I actually had bred the first four home in the Oaks and the first 2 and 4th in the Derby). The times were rubbish and they got pumped when they competed later in the season against my 4yos.

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]