View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:01 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 For the attention of all league trainers 
Group 1 winner

Post For the attention of all league trainers
There seems to be different opinions about what should be done and how the league is ran. Personally my opinion is that over the last year the current league setup just hasnt been working. Great schedules have been made in preparation for the new season but communication is very poor within the league and i think the communication needs to improve. If there was better communication there wouldnt be so much frustration. I think the time is right for the members of so4 league to vote on how they want the league to be run as the decision was not placed in our hands the last time. This is just my opinion that we should have a vote before the new league season which is still seemingly so far away. If people disagree i would hold no hard feelings as all I am doing is giving my opinion. I think we need change in the league and should set up a poll?????

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:09 pm
Group 1 winner

have to agree here - echo the part about no hard feelings towards anyone but i think it could be for the best of the league. even if things were to remain the same i think the league members should be given a chance to express their views and cast their votes which was not allowed for last time round.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:26 pm
Group 1 winner

I think there was a little poll set up for members and if l remember right Steve (EPW) had a big percentage of votes and if we would have gone with that where would we have been now?? In my opinion a poll is a waste of time as Rich has been passed the reins and no matter of moaning or complaining is going to change that. To even suggest a poll is pretty much saying get rich out and l dont think thats right or fair.

I admit l think Rich has to make some big decisions as l think we have to go with roles given out to make the work load a bit lighter and for the future SO5 we defo need a new TOM which is easy to use for everyone but as far as making a poll for need preident and how things are run l think this is a little out of order no matter how impatient people are

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:45 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm getting bored of this lads if I'm honest, it's clear you work yourselves into a frenzy "off site" so to speak and come up with some kind of plan to force change. There is enough communication, because I choose not to say "still no change" doesn't mean nothing is happening.

if you want to set up a separate league, without the use of TOM then feel free to get in touch with Mark and see if he lets you. You'll need a new league kit to encompass the latest patch so it's not my decision.

I take care not to overpromise and under-deliver. The constant threads repeating the same points look designed to drive division in the league. Ironically one of the complaints is that there have only been 1 1/2 seasons yet it is precisely this division and bitching about the schedule that cause the delays and problems. How can you not see this?

You guys need to re-evaluate what it is you hope to gain from this attempted coup d'etat. I'm afraid to say that "league isn't working" needs to be backed up with reasons and "poor communication" doesn't really cover it. You know why the league hasn't started yet, you know that the reason is because we have changed the schedule and we need to get that properly uploaded, you know that the only person who has access to the website and the programming knowledge to sort it is Dave, you know that the reason for this is precisely this type of bitchy selfish backstabbing driving those who could help away and yet you continue this charade?

I'm sorry to take a hard line, I appreciate your input and can see the passion that you have to offer the league especially with the new NH schedule but it's tiresome to constantly address the same complaints which I feel are not justified.

As it happens Dave has just emailed me saying he has been on the road a lot but hopes to sort things out this weekend.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 pm
Group 3 winner

Get off his case guys, we all want the league to start asap, but its just a game, my horses will still be on my computer in august as they are now.......waiting to get pummeled by scatters!! :lol:

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:41 am
Group 1 winner

I agree with Scotty, he will get Pummeled by me :lol:

On a serious note, breakaway league is not the way to go. IMO Rich has done a fantastic job under the circumstances!!

The problem is TOM with the new schedule!!!

Kind Regards

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:06 am
Group 1 winner

Erm i dont want a breakaway league - dont backstab either ive just gave an opinion no hard feelings

Anyway just had most devastating tragic news in 24 years of being alive so i cud not give a monkeys BEEP anymore

C u guys at the races (where ill get owned but never mind)

Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:34 am
Group 1 winner

Regards

John

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:24 am
Selling plater

I've only been in the league a season and a half (the half due to all the cheats) and the arguments are never far away. It's clear that it isn't possible for the league to please/suit everyone for a multitude of reasons i.e. schedules not right, doesn't cater for newbies well enough, season too long, season too short, not enough handicaps, too many group races, too many horses in each race, league is elitist, cliques everywhere, cheats get off likely etc etc etc. Clearly the only solution is for whatever it is that makes the league work to be released so others can do their own thing, that way anyone unhappy has an alternative, keep the current league as the official one and let others have their own breakaway leagues run as they see fit. This is the only way to end all these problems/arguments in my view.

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Get off his case guys, we all want the league to start asap, but its just a game, my horses will still be on my computer in august as they are now.......waiting to get pummeled by scatters!! :lol:

Well said....

"It is, just a game"

Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:43 pm
Handicapper

Well looks like another week has come and gone. The league looks more fragmented. Not looking too good.

I'm sticking to what I said about giving it till Aug. That's 5 weeks from now. That would make it 3 month worth of waiting. That should be more than enough time to get this sorted somehow. I don't think thats asking too much....5 weeks,3 months total.

As alot of you has said "It is, just a game". Yes it is but time is precious. Free time is even more.

So after August, if there's still no solution, its time for me to move on. Mark has made a great game but......

"It is, just a game"

Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:47 pm
Group 2 winner

The last races of last season were posted on February 25th, that was 4 months ago :cry: .

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:41 pm
Handicapper

It's encouraging to hear that Rich just got an email from Dave. Let's get this party started!!

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:07 pm
Group 1 winner

thats exactly what frustrates me thunderspark - the apparent lack of acknowledgement of how much time people put into the game. thats why frustration goes.

hopefully things will be sorted this weekend then if thats what rich says and so see u at the races.

thanks John - appreciate the words

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:33 pm
Group 3 winner

Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:46 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next